U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 09:30 AM

31,481 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
For the ones who are already here, the only thing they can do is let them apply for green cards so they can stay and work legally. Make them jump through all the hoops like the background check, the health exam, vaccinations, provide birth certificates, etc. Then issue green cards to the ones who pass.

Later on, if they decide to become citizens, the option is always there. You don't need to be a citizen just to live and work here.
Our laws are not too "tight" due to 9-11. We still allow in over 1 million legal immigrants annually. It is just that there are more potential immigrants that want to come here than we can accommodate in jobs and resources. Should we take them all in anyway? I don't think so!

We don't need those here illegally so why should we supply them with green cards? We have 23 million Americans out of work. Not only that but it sets a presedence that we will reward illegal aliens with amnesty after breaking our immigration laws. When do these amnesties end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 04:21 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Our laws are not too "tight" due to 9-11. We still allow in over 1 million legal immigrants annually. It is just that there are more potential immigrants that want to come here than we can accommodate in jobs and resources. Should we take them all in anyway? I don't think so!

We don't need those here illegally so why should we supply them with green cards? We have 23 million Americans out of work. Not only that but it sets a presedence that we will reward illegal aliens with amnesty after breaking our immigration laws. When do these amnesties end?
I don't think people will actually understand that until every square foot of this Nation has something man made on it just like some other Countries. When we have forced reproduction limits and living in small apts stacked on each other like other Countries with population problems.

You know the whole reason they wanted to leave the old Country to begin with.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 12-28-2013 at 04:37 PM..

Old 12-28-2013, 05:35 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
For the ones who are already here, the only thing they can do is let them apply for green cards so they can stay and work legally. Make them jump through all the hoops like the background check, the health exam, vaccinations, provide birth certificates, etc. Then issue green cards to the ones who pass.

Later on, if they decide to become citizens, the option is always there. You don't need to be a citizen just to live and work here.
Uh; NO reason to reward illegal aliens with anything except 3 hots and a cot then deportation. The 1 exception I'd be Ok with would be amnesty for a few Dream Act people who came here before 14 AND have NEVER been in trouble with the law. But their parents would STILL need to leave the US or face prison.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 AM

31,481 posts, read 14,565,596 times
What I'd like to know is just who is a foreigner in here? To my knowledge there aren't any anti-amnesty, anti-illegal immigration people in this forum that are foreigners. In fact they are U.S. citizens born here just like myself.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:38 PM

591 posts, read 684,335 times
Then I'm on my way

Old 01-04-2014, 11:35 AM

431 posts, read 513,234 times
The question to ask is, how many of the 60% of Americans that were asked are actually legal?

Old 01-10-2014, 10:56 PM

4 posts, read 3,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You still didn't answer my question. What was your parent's first language?
It was Spanish.
*EDIT My apologies, as this question was not for me.

Last edited by Tuscon William; 01-10-2014 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: Misunderstanding

Old 01-12-2014, 07:20 AM

16,740 posts, read 9,472,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
Never left it, no wonder you have so much ignorance and fear towards those from elsewhere.

Yes. The concept of "American jobs" is complete crap. Jobs are jobs and should be available to the best workers that want them, not just the ones who happened to be born in a certain area. More competition is ALWAYS a good thing for society overall.
Oh what a bunch of crappola!

Your ignorance of your own rights and freedoms and from whence they came is astounding.

I suppose you'd be perfectly fine with planeloads of folks all arriving from hither and yon without limitations put on them to petition in your job market?

Your arrogance is simply remarkable to assume only those uneducated workers who do not represent a challenge to you personally would be those arriving un-announced.

Your tune would change in a Minnesota minute should those arriving without permission to then engage your job market be University graduates from places like Vienna, Oxford, Bern, Mumbai, Calcutta, etc..

You should realize that India alone, graduates more university grads in one year than the U.S. has high school graduates and you are not even producing tradesmen in quantities to sustain efficient production.

Sure open your border(s) and this is one Canadian who'd arrive tomorrow to live the good life on your golf courses and in your resorts, but then I'm retired and spending my money now; NOT competing for some Walmart greeter job as you seem to imagine all illegals are restricted to.

Should I overstay my assumed visitor visa; I'M ILLEGAL and get my azz booted with no chance for ever returning, why would you suppose it should be otherwise?

Old 01-12-2014, 08:00 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh what a bunch of crappola!

Your ignorance of your own rights and freedoms and from whence they came is astounding.

I suppose you'd be perfectly fine with planeloads of folks all arriving from hither and yon without limitations put on them to petition in your job market?

Your arrogance is simply remarkable to assume only those uneducated workers who do not represent a challenge to you personally would be those arriving un-announced.

Your tune would change in a Minnesota minute should those arriving without permission to then engage your job market be University graduates from places like Vienna, Oxford, Bern, Mumbai, Calcutta, etc..

You should realize that India alone, graduates more university grads in one year than the U.S. has high school graduates and you are not even producing tradesmen in quantities to sustain efficient production.

Sure open your border(s) and this is one Canadian who'd arrive tomorrow to live the good life on your golf courses and in your resorts, but then I'm retired and spending my money now; NOT competing for some Walmart greeter job as you seem to imagine all illegals are restricted to.

Should I overstay my assumed visitor visa; I'M ILLEGAL and get my azz booted with no chance for ever returning, why would you suppose it should be otherwise?
Agreed and HOW!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:49 PM

1,144 posts, read 3,255,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbylake View Post
Job growth in Texas is due to many factors. Cheaper labor, a less regulated environment, natural resources bring in a lot of employers from the northeast, north, and California. Undocumented immigrants are mostly in the low-skill service sector, thus not affecting medium-skill and high-skill employment much.

Again, you don't seem to get the big picture I have to say. It's not a matter of whether you believe it. The very goal is to lower labor cost, increase labor surplus, leading to more workers than jobs. This is the best way for businesses to deal with an entitled American workforce. Unionization? vacations? high minimum wage? And people wonder why they are not wanted by employers?
Quote:
No employer would put up with what they see as first-world entitlements.

Whether it's using immigrant labor here or offshoring jobs overseas, the plan is to create a global labor market instead of labor markets by nation. The free trade agreements are often designed so that businesses can use labor everywhere anywhere, now with the help of automation and the Web.

If you think it's not a problem, then don't complain when minimum wage doesn't go up. It's businesses that should cheer on immigration. But for some reason, a lot of Americans have been sold the idea that they should cheer too and then they aren't happy about not having a job (duh). It's like they are counting profit for the companies that sold them. How stupid can a population be?

But they don't mind first-world consumers, do they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or