U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 PM
 
Location: AL
2,477 posts, read 2,208,409 times
Reputation: 1007

Advertisements

The reason I think this amnesty is so insane and I mean INSANE is...we will let in 15 million (I do also believe the numbers are much greater) uneducated/non-english speaking people that will very very quickly go straight to the welfare/food stamp/medicaid line which is already over burdoned.....INSANITY!

As you say oldglory more democrat voters..it really is a genious plan and once it's implemented...Democrat rule forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Springville, AL
154 posts, read 176,187 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
LOL they already are voting and their illegal....all you need is a drivers license in half the damn states and what does it matter if its fast or slow???

They shouldn't be VOTING at all!
Non-citizens are not allowed to vote - it is law, period.

It is felony to make false statement about whichever is citizen - I have no respect for illegal immigrants who made false statement about citizen that allowed to vote, also they will deported immediately. In case, non-citizens vote by break the law is very small.

Like other thread, I support amnesty for illegal immigrants that come in before date, however convicted felons - get out of our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2013, 10:44 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,716,526 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
Non-citizens are not allowed to vote - it is law, period.
It may be law, but it doesn't stop some from doing so. Illegal aliens caught voting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
It is felony to make false statement about whichever is citizen - I have no respect for illegal immigrants who made false statement about citizen that allowed to vote, also they will deported immediately. In case, non-citizens vote by break the law is very small.
No, no they won't, nor have they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
Like other thread, I support amnesty for illegal immigrants that come in before date, however convicted felons - get out of our country.
That come in before what date? Surely not the Dec 2011 as the gang of 8 are attempting to use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2013, 11:09 PM
 
Location: AL
2,477 posts, read 2,208,409 times
Reputation: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
Non-citizens are not allowed to vote - it is law, period.

It is felony to make false statement about whichever is citizen - I have no respect for illegal immigrants who made false statement about citizen that allowed to vote, also they will deported immediately. In case, non-citizens vote by break the law is very small.

Like other thread, I support amnesty for illegal immigrants that come in before date, however convicted felons - get out of our country.
Are you really serious??
You don't think they vote lol.

I guess you failed to read my O.P. What gives these 15 million illegals the right to break American laws?
Nothing!
Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by Yac; 04-16-2013 at 02:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2013, 11:12 PM
 
Location: Springville, AL
154 posts, read 176,187 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
It may be law, but it doesn't stop some from doing so. Illegal aliens caught voting....
They broke the law and if busted, they will be criminally charged for make false statement on voter registration.

Quote:
No, no they won't, nor have they.
No, when they are convicted of crime so they will serve in the prison and deport eventually.
U.S. immigration authorities deport more criminals in 2012 - The Denver Post

Quote:
That come in before what date? Surely not the Dec 2011 as the gang of 8 are attempting to use.
I'm fine with December 2011, if law isn't pass until next year - push to other one year - December 2012, or date when law pass and signed by president.

However, I'm skeptical about bipartisan immigration proposal because they can create a long term second class citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2013, 11:17 PM
 
Location: Springville, AL
154 posts, read 176,187 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Are you really serious??
You don't think they vote lol.
You missed my point - I said very small number of illegal immigrants defied the law to vote as non-citizen, even some legal immigrants defied the law to register the vote as non-citizen. It is felony to vote if you are not citizen.

Quote:
I guess you failed to read my O.P. What gives these 15 million illegals the right to break American laws?
Nothing!
No, I disagree with your philosophy on immigration and the US immigration law is obviously broken system that filled with a lot of flaws.
Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by Yac; 04-16-2013 at 02:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2013, 11:27 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,716,526 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
They broke the law and if busted, they will be criminally charged for make false statement on voter registration.
Awfully big word "if" is.



Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
No, when they are convicted of crime so they will serve in the prison and deport eventually.
U.S. immigration authorities deport more criminals in 2012 - The Denver Post
"When" is like "if", no guarantee. Is voting illegally a "serious enough offense" to warrant deportation?
Quote:
Under Citizenship and Immigration Services guidelines, a noncitizen’s vote does not always scuttle a bid for citizenship. The agency’s officers are required to evaluate the circumstances of the violation, as well as the “moral character” of the applicant, and decide whether the law has been intentionally violated.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/ny...anted=all&_r=0


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
I'm fine with December 2011, if law isn't pass until next year - push to other one year - December 2012, or date when law pass and signed by president.
Why not push it backwards instead of forwards? Why not back date it 7 or even 10 years as Obama had originally declared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
However, I'm skeptical about bipartisan immigration proposal because they can create a long term second class citizen.
There is no such thing as a second class citizen. There are only Citizens, Residents, and Illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2013, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Springville, AL
154 posts, read 176,187 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Awfully big word "if" is.

"When" is like "if", no guarantee.
I don't understand about what are you saying.

It is against law for vote as non-citizen - felony.

Quote:
Why not push it backwards instead of forwards? Why not back date it 7 or even 10 years as Obama had originally declared?
No thanks, I prefer amnesty for illegal immigrants who arrive about 2 years ago, or sooner.

Quote:
There is no such thing as a second class citizen. There are only Citizens, Residents, and Illegals.
I disagree with you because there is second class citizen in definition and the black people were used to treat as second citizen class during Jim Crow era. I'm concerned about immigration proposal that created by bipartisan could treat illegal immigrants as second class citizen in long term - about 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2013, 11:48 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,716,526 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
I don't understand about what are you saying.

It is against law for vote as non-citizen - felony.
Its only a felony if they are convicted, however it may not be a "serious enough" crime to get them fined, jailed or deported. See above link I provided and quote.



Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
No thanks, I prefer amnesty for illegal immigrants who arrive about 2 years ago, or sooner.
There in lies our differences, I prefer illegals to be deported, or granted non-immigrant visas to those that can show they are working in the Ag Industry under the table, all others are to be deported as caught. Their costs can not and should not be absorbed by or forced onto the general public.



Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
I disagree with you because there is second class citizen in definition and the black people were used to treat as second citizen class during Jim Crow era. I'm concerned about immigration proposal that created by bipartisan could treat illegal immigrants as second class citizen in long term - about 10 years.
Those 10 years waiting they would be legal residents, not citizens, they must earn citizenship. Why not ad women to your claim, too, they weren't allowed to vote until the 19th Amendment. The difference is they (women and blacks) were citizens, illegals granted amnesty will only be granted legality making them residents, not second class anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 12:40 AM
 
Location: Springville, AL
154 posts, read 176,187 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Its only a felony if they are convicted, however it may not be a "serious enough" crime to get them fined, jailed or deported. See above link I provided and quote.
It looks like I missed your quote with citation (#17). I think it will be applies to legal immigrants who falsely to vote as non-citizen - it maybe not deported - according to your link and ICE. For illegal immigrants - due to illegal status so ICE will know because they are breaking the existing law by enter US illegally - deportable due to enter illegally. I think it need to be tightened to include deportable offense under new law.

Quote:
There in lies our differences, I prefer illegals to be deported, or granted non-immigrant visas to those that can show they are working in the Ag Industry under the table, all others are to be deported as caught. Their costs can not and should not be absorbed by or forced onto the general public.
Oh I see - I have mixed feeling on immigration reform and I don't think that I have clear philosophy on immigration view (more like flip flop). I have sympathy on immigrants who came illegally as child so I feel that they should get visa to stay in US.

The immigration isn't part of my priority when come to elect the politician and I think immigration reform is most confusing to my mind.

Quote:
Those 10 years waiting they would be legal residents, not citizens, they must earn citizenship. Why not ad women to your claim, too, they weren't allowed to vote until the 19th Amendment. The difference is they (women and blacks) were citizens, illegals granted amnesty will only be granted legality making them residents, not second class anything.
I re-reviewed the articles and they seems extremely confused - so yes, you are correct about 10 years waiting to become a legal resident (green card). That means illegal immigrants get different treatment (worst). I'm afraid that immigration reform may not work at all, also fraud and perjury could be a big issue.

For minimum, without amnesty and path to citizenship, we need fix the broken security issue that make backdoor for illegal immigrants to enter US illegally - known as need to secure the border and increase the effectiveness of law enforcement to spot the illegal immigrants. I don't know if it is work or more cost effective.

I believe that immigration issue will never completely resolved and we simply need make more harder for them to find a job so they can return to their home country on their own - self-deport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top