U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2013, 11:52 PM
 
Location: Springville, AL
154 posts, read 175,559 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

As independent voter and usually voted democrats in the election, I know democrats want amnesty and path to citizenship to increase the popular from latino voters, so that's political tool for them to use it.

The immigration isn't reason that why I voted with democrats - other reasons.

The democrats could still win without support from immigrants - especially from young citizens that is best target for them, also they have to change the campaign tool too. I can't believe about how ridiculous about solely rely on immigration to score the political score since they have many choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 AM
 
31,462 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
Non-citizens are not allowed to vote - it is law, period.

It is felony to make false statement about whichever is citizen - I have no respect for illegal immigrants who made false statement about citizen that allowed to vote, also they will deported immediately. In case, non-citizens vote by break the law is very small.

Like other thread, I support amnesty for illegal immigrants that come in before date, however convicted felons - get out of our country.
With 23 million Americans out of work why would you support an amnesty of this magnitude? And please, no most aren't doing jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. How about those that haven't yet been convicted of felony ID theft but are doing so to work now? Are you all for forgiving that also?

Why do you think we have quotas for legal immigration in place? It's because that is all we can accomodate in jobs and resources. So we should allow 12 million illegals to remain here anyway? Doesn't that negate our sane legal immigration policies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 AM
 
Location: AL
2,477 posts, read 2,201,708 times
Reputation: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
You missed my point - I said very small number of illegal immigrants defied the law to vote as non-citizen, even some legal immigrants defied the law to register the vote as non-citizen. It is felony to vote if you are not citizen.



No, I disagree with your philosophy on immigration and the US immigration law is obviously broken system that filled with a lot of flaws.



The name-calling is off limit, also it isn't sickening if I disagree with you.
No you did miss the point no country on the planet can or should have too absorb 15 million (again a low est. IMO) uneducated/non-english speaking/low skilled workers/"free stuff seeking" people.

People like you play the word games by saying the "immigration system is broke" is absolutley NOT broken...we have laws and they disobey them and people or politcians like youself are the problem.
Their are many immigrants who do the right thing and wait their turn but for some reason your kind (illegal immigrant lovers) feel this need to turn America into the cr*phole that these people are leaving.....It truly is amazing.
Again what makes these people so special.....nothing!

This country is very very good to legal immigrants so please stop your nonsense.

As for name calling..If I called you an A$$hole or something like that then that would be name calling..calling you sickening....yes your stance on this is sickening. Worry about your country first and illegals second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,394 posts, read 8,344,729 times
Reputation: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
So let me try and wrap my pea-brain around the illegal immigration problem....

So for as long as I can remember their has been a cap on people coming to this country "legally" from countries all around the world. Caps must be in place in order not to make this country look like some 3rd world sh*thole,since it seems no country with open borders ever survives or survives with crap living experience.
My problems with all this amnesty talk is....what gives "illegals AKA. Mexicans" (yes most illegals are from Mexico) 11-15 million of them special treatment over everyone else?
It makes no logical sense why this would be done...except more Democrat voters!

The biggest problem I have with this....no one peoples should have this much voting power so fast..none!

This country is supposably ruled by law but when it comes to "illegals" the law goes out the window and if thats the case then ever American should be able to break any law they feel like without any fear of arrest...only makes sense if we are allowing law breakers to roam free.

I try and follow the logic of the "illegal immigrant lovers" as I call them because they seem to like non-Americans more then they like their own country man....personally I find this disgusting and sickening.

Seal the border once and for all (army should be their--heck the Mexican army is on their southern border while they leave their north border open),anyone with a gun coming across the border should be shot!
Any illegal picked up by law enforcement should be instantely deported (if they have children they go with them---I mean heck if I was being kicked out of a country I would take my children with me..no?

Any business hiring illegals should be fined for everyone they employ.
Americans need jobs 1st and please don't give me the crap "Americans will not do those jobs..B.S.

Again what makes "these" illegals so above the law...remember no country survives without the rule of law!

Lastly look up Operation W*tback...done once can easily be done again.
OMG you make way too much sense and logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 08:45 AM
 
Location: AL
2,477 posts, read 2,201,708 times
Reputation: 1007
LOL common sense has become uncommon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Springville, AL
154 posts, read 175,559 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
With 23 million Americans out of work why would you support an amnesty of this magnitude? And please, no most aren't doing jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. How about those that haven't yet been convicted of felony ID theft but are doing so to work now? Are you all for forgiving that also?

Why do you think we have quotas for legal immigration in place? It's because that is all we can accomodate in jobs and resources. So we should allow 12 million illegals to remain here anyway? Doesn't that negate our sane legal immigration policies?
I left extensive comment - see #20.

There are many Americans won't take nasty jobs with lousy pay so that why illegal immigrants willing to do it.

Not many convicted of ID theft? We have spotty law enforcement due to limited resource and difficult to find them - known as too late and they will busted eventually.

Yes, I do know why we have quotas limit on immigration because of resources and jobs, however existing immigration law (enforcement and security) is already broken and no one want fix it in many years ago like in 1990's. I explained about my view with 12 millions illegal immigrants in #20.

Last edited by blackf150; 04-15-2013 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Springville, AL
154 posts, read 175,559 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
No you did miss the point no country on the planet can or should have too absorb 15 million (again a low est. IMO) uneducated/non-english speaking/low skilled workers/"free stuff seeking" people.

People like you play the word games by saying the "immigration system is broke" is absolutley NOT broken...we have laws and they disobey them and people or politcians like youself are the problem.
Their are many immigrants who do the right thing and wait their turn but for some reason your kind (illegal immigrant lovers) feel this need to turn America into the cr*phole that these people are leaving.....It truly is amazing.

Again what makes these people so special.....nothing!

This country is very very good to legal immigrants so please stop your nonsense.

As for name calling..If I called you an A$$hole or something like that then that would be name calling..calling you sickening....yes your stance on this is sickening. Worry about your country first and illegals second.
I disagree with you because I strongly believe that our immigration law is already broken and that why many congress talk about immigration reform to fix the flaws in existing immigration law.

I'm not politician, nor is immigrant. I'm US citizen and born in North Carolina. It is not my problem if illegal immigrants are flocking into our country and you don't look at big picture about relation between law and illegal immigrants.

You think my post is nonsense so I think rest of your posts are nonsense.

Again - see my extensive comment in #20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 AM
 
31,462 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
I left extensive comment - see #20.

There are many Americans won't take nasty jobs with lousy pay so that why illegal immigrants willing to do it.

Not many convicted of ID theft? We have spotty law enforcement due to limited resource and difficult to find them - known as too late and they will busted eventually.

Yes, I do know why we have quotas limit on immigration because of resources and jobs, however existing immigration law (enforcement and security) is already broken and no one want fix it in many years ago like in 1990's. I explained about my view with 12 millions illegal immigrants in #20.
But that is where you go wrong. There aren't any so-called nasty jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. It is precisely the lousy/less pay being offered by the greedy employers why illegals are being hired over Americans. You don't seem to be getting that part. These employers have no right to offer illegal immigrants a job, period.

A blanket amnesty will forgive those not already convicted of felony ID theft. I asked if think that is ok. You didn't answer that question.

So because our immigration laws haven't been enforced like they should have been we should give them all amnesty instead of encouraging self-deportations (by removing the job and benefits incentives) or implementing involuntary deportations instead? Why should the American people have to pay for the lapse of enforcement on our government's part for so many years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 AM
 
31,462 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
I disagree with you because I strongly believe that our immigration law is already broken and that why many congress talk about immigration reform to fix the flaws in existing immigration law.

I'm not politician, nor is immigrant. I'm US citizen and born in North Carolina. It is not my problem if illegal immigrants are flocking into our country and you don't look at big picture about relation between law and illegal immigrants.

You think my post is nonsense so I think rest of your posts are nonsense.

Again - see my extensive comment in #20.
But there are no flaws in our immigration laws. So nothing is being "reformed". It is just that there are more immigrants wanting to come here than we can accomodate in jobs and resources thus why we have an illegal immigration problem. Amnestying millions of illegal immigrants negates our sane quota policies while million of Americans remain unemployed. Why don't you get that?

It is all American's problem because it is impacting all of us negatively including you and amnesty will impact us all even more negatively in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2013, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Springville, AL
154 posts, read 175,559 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But that is where you go wrong. There aren't any so-called nasty jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. It is precisely the lousy/less pay being offered by the greedy employers why illegals are being hired over Americans. You don't seem to be getting that part. These employers have no right to offer illegal immigrants a job, period.
Some employers complained that they can't find someone who will to take their job so they went after illegal immigrants. I think those one is part of problem, as same goes with your comment about situation with employers. I know it is illegal for employers to hire illegal immigrants under existing immigration law but they went to broke the law for many reasons like you said about greedy employers.

Quote:
A blanket amnesty will forgive those not already convicted of felony ID theft. I asked if think that is ok. You didn't answer that question.
I'm not ok with anyone who convicted of felony ID theft to be forgiven and they deserves to deported.

Quote:
So because our immigration laws haven't been enforced like they should have been we should give them all amnesty instead of encouraging self-deportations (by removing the job and benefits incentives) or implementing involuntary deportations instead? Why should the American people have to pay for the lapse of enforcement on our government's part for so many years?
Unfortunately, we will have consequences that is not favor to Americans - especially amnesty and path to citizenship due to poor enforcement and security. You can blame on politicians (anger at them) for not fix the situation in many years ago and it looks too late now.

I have no problem with self deportation - make harder (almost impossible) for them to find a job and unable to enroll at college without documentation - I already addressed in my #20. The deportation is included in existing immigration law and if immigrants disagree so need to be resolved via immigration court.

I support amnesty for immigrants who come to US illegally as child and currently in school or hardworking - like I said in #20, I couldn't find an effective method to grant the amnesty to them without fraud and perjury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top