U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 PM
 
1,864 posts, read 1,967,018 times
Reputation: 2373

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
So let me try and wrap my pea-brain around the illegal immigration problem....

So for as long as I can remember their has been a cap on people coming to this country "legally" from countries all around the world. Caps must be in place in order not to make this country look like some 3rd world sh*thole,since it seems no country with open borders ever survives or survives with crap living experience.
My problems with all this amnesty talk is....what gives "illegals AKA. Mexicans" (yes most illegals are from Mexico) 11-15 million of them special treatment over everyone else?
It makes no logical sense why this would be done...except more Democrat voters!
Because they feel they are entitled. They believe they have the right to come here regardless of our laws, and that the citizens of this country should not have the right to demand, our already lenient immigration laws be enforced.

During the presidential election, most Hispanic voters voted for Obama. Why? For the same reason a lot of the white voters, and other voters of color did, because they could not rationalize voting for Romeny who happens to be worth a quarter of a billion dollars, and had specifically supported the interests of the rich, particularly when it comes to taxes. But now, we are suppose to believe since most Hispanics voted for Obama, that our president should ignore the demands of the rest of the voters, which is a majority that want our immigration laws enforced, instead openning the flood gate.

The country has been in a recession for years now, with a major budget deficit. What do you think allowing 11-20 illegal immigrants to become citizens will do to this country? Particularly ones with no skills, who do not speak English?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2013, 04:59 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Reputation: 22174
Maybe we should ship our politicians to the countries that send us the most illegals. These politicians are hell-bent on working for the illegals' benefits but not one thought for what benefits the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 PM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 7,011,435 times
Reputation: 3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Maybe we should ship our politicians to the countries that send us the most illegals. These politicians are hell-bent on working for the illegals' benefits but not one thought for what benefits the American people.
While you seem to view better control of the immigration situation as a detriment to the USA, I see it as a necessity. Uncontrolled immigration, illegal immigration, harms the nation. It doesn't help it. Neither does Congress' delaying reasonable attempts to better the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 PM
 
Location: AL
2,477 posts, read 2,206,681 times
Reputation: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
Ok, please tell to senators - don't wait too late - seriously.

For some reason, politicians, even conservatives will not take a radical change to keep illegal immigrants out - they will have through with several rounds to keep illegal immigrants out. I'm realized that immigration issues are extremely complicated and they are not part of my priority anymore.

I'm not politician and the immigration isn't part of my priority - I'm encouraging you to share your belief and frustration with senators, also representatives may help.

Note: You know that you can't change my opinion because I have different belief - also you have your own opinion too.
I really don't care to try and change your mind..I just asked what makes these illegals so special that they should get amnesty and you never answered me but your silence gives me my answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 PM
 
Location: AL
2,477 posts, read 2,206,681 times
Reputation: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
While you seem to view better control of the immigration situation as a detriment to the USA, I see it as a necessity. Uncontrolled immigration, illegal immigration, harms the nation. It doesn't help it. Neither does Congress' delaying reasonable attempts to better the situation.
Theres only one answer, kick them out...we have laws they broke them so kick them out or like I asked others on this thread, if they get to break immigration laws and have no ramifications then ever American should be able to break laws and not be held responsible.

The logic makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:31 AM
 
Location: Springville, AL
154 posts, read 176,087 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
I really don't care to try and change your mind..I just asked what makes these illegals so special that they should get amnesty and you never answered me but your silence gives me my answer.
I'm not silent and it doesn't matter if you think I'm silent, also not treat illegal immigrants as special citizens.

Under immigration reform, illegal immigrants will receive a lengthly and harsher process to receive a provisional immigrant status and won't receive a permanent green card for 10 years. It isn't instant amnesty, unlike about 1986 immigration law offered to illegal immigrants who came to US before 1982. That's not special treatment to me and they are much harsher than 1986 immigration law.

I have no problem with bipartisan immigration reform and I have highly hope for all students who are on right path to success. The radical movement, such as instant and mass deportation won't go through in the congress and ICE couldn't deport all of them at once with current funds and resources - when ICE deport them and they come back via broken security system, even our government is trying to tighten the border.

You have deal with illegal immigrants - I couldn't help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 07:00 AM
 
318 posts, read 459,227 times
Reputation: 286
Few people against illegal immigration are calling for a mass deportation but instead make it nearly impossible to work and collect benefits in America and most of them will leave over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
I'm not silent and it doesn't matter if you think I'm silent, also not treat illegal immigrants as special citizens.

Under immigration reform, illegal immigrants will receive a lengthly and harsher process to receive a provisional immigrant status and won't receive a permanent green card for 10 years. It isn't instant amnesty, unlike about 1986 immigration law offered to illegal immigrants who came to US before 1982. That's not special treatment to me and they are much harsher than 1986 immigration law.

I have no problem with bipartisan immigration reform and I have highly hope for all students who are on right path to success. The radical movement, such as instant and mass deportation won't go through in the congress and ICE couldn't deport all of them at once with current funds and resources - when ICE deport them and they come back via broken security system, even our government is trying to tighten the border.

You have deal with illegal immigrants - I couldn't help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,054,393 times
Reputation: 27524
For the life of me I can't figure out why the majority of Americans are fine with allowing 11-20 million mostly uneducated, unskilled and poor to become citizens yet exhibit sheer outrage at increasing H1-B visas which are college educated, highly skilled workers with jobs in hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 AM
 
Location: AL
2,477 posts, read 2,206,681 times
Reputation: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
For the life of me I can't figure out why the majority of Americans are fine with allowing 11-20 million mostly uneducated, unskilled and poor to become citizens yet exhibit sheer outrage at increasing H1-B visas which are college educated, highly skilled workers with jobs in hand.

Because the sad part is...it's all about the Democrat vote.

Like I said to blackf150....what makes these illegals so above the law?
We don't even have to go looking for them just take away the insentives and they will leave but that is demonized by the illegals lovers. Their usual pathetic tactic.

I find it sickening that people worry more about illegals then their own country men or women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2013, 10:21 AM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 7,011,435 times
Reputation: 3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Because the sad part is...it's all about the Democrat vote.
Actually, the reason we're seeing breakneck speed on the part of so many Republicans to reform the immigration "problem" is the vote. The Republicans are fearful that their party may become irrelevant/disregarded by a huge percentage of the electorate ... due to the views of extreme right-wing activists who've kidnapped their party. This is about the long term survival ... of the GOP. The Democratic Party benefits because the GOP is held in such low extreme by large segments of the electorate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top