Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, we have a group of what is essentially right-wing extremists in the U.S. House attacking legislation which they probably haven't even read yet. That's a similar response we've seen from some people here on C-D. "Knee jerk" reactions. Bachmann is about as anti-American as one can get, so her reaction isn't surprising.

Any assertion that the 844-page bill/legislation is the result of some sort of secret conspiracy ... is laughable. Not a remark or thought which intelligent people will spend more than a second thinking about.

The case for immigration reform has been made by the bi-partisan sponsors of the legislation and will be explored during the hearing and debate process. That's how things work in our democratic form of government. We should expect, though, that persons whose purpose it is to damage the USA will attempt to interfere with the resolution of this national security issue. We see the first indication of that through the expressions of the anti-American Congressmen.
How is this an extremist right-wing issue? Allowing 20 million people who are here illegally amnesty is ridiculous! I applaud Bachman! Supporting our immigration laws is about as pro-American as one can get.

Allowing amnesty will be the single most destructive thing this country could possibly do. This issue is a thousand times more important than the gun issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 04:51 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
Hopefully this is the start of the END for this Hispandering piece of garbage legislation and an end for that traitor Rubio's career.

Finally some decent American politicians have stepped forward to kill this garbage.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Well, we have a group of what is essentially right-wing extremists in the U.S. House attacking legislation which they probably haven't even read yet. That's a similar response we've seen from some people here on C-D. "Knee jerk" reactions. Bachmann is about as anti-American as one can get, so her reaction isn't surprising.

Any assertion that the 844-page bill/legislation is the result of some sort of secret conspiracy ... is laughable. Not a remark or thought which intelligent people will spend more than a second thinking about.

The case for immigration reform has been made by the bi-partisan sponsors of the legislation and will be explored during the hearing and debate process. That's how things work in our democratic form of government. We should expect, though, that persons whose purpose it is to damage the USA will attempt to interfere with the resolution of this national security issue. We see the first indication of that through the expressions of the anti-American Congressmen.
The more we see of this bill the more obvious it will meet the same fate as gun control. .

Under the immigration reform bill, some employers would have an incentive of up to $3,000 per year to hire a newly legalized immigrant over a U.S. citizen.

In avoiding one controversy — the cost of providing millions of newly legalized immigrants with ObamaCare subsidies — the Senate "Gang of Eight" may have risked walking into another.

The bipartisan legislation released Wednesday dictates that those granted provisional legal immigrant status would be treated the same as those "not lawfully present" are treated under the 2010 health law.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Immigration Bill Gives New Legals $3,000 Hiring Edge Over Citizens - Investors.com
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

So with unemployment stagnant around 8% we are going to make it more attractive for people to cross the borders and take the jobs that should be going to citizens without jobs?

No, this bill is going down to defeat.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 PM

29,818 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Bachman is a complete whack job. So are most of the crooked politicians that are dead set on laying waste to this nation. For once, I applaud some of the actions she and other career criminals/politicians are taking.
Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by Yac; 04-19-2013 at 01:26 AM..

Old 04-18-2013, 06:03 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:

the case has been made by a bunch of overpaid, underworked, easily bought, no loyalty SOBs who pay no attention to what americans want.

they sign bills they haven't read.

they sponsor bills that they don't write or understand.

do you believe that these men actually wrote those 844 page bills, or could explain them?????

they are morally bankrupt.

I see that Obama did a little sneak on the last bill signed:

In his 2012 State of the Union Address, President Barack Obama urged members of Congress to pass the STOCK (Stop Trading On Congressional Knowledge) Act, a bill to ban insider trading for members of Congress and their staffs and to increase transparency by putting the financial disclosures of federal workers online.

But on Monday, President Barack Obama signed into law S. 716, a bill that bans financial disclosures of federal executive and legislative workers—which are already publicly available in document form—from being posted online.

this is what we are up against-no transparency, no honesty, no media coverage, nothing.

I challenge the media that most americans favor amnesty-because most americans want easier access to jobs, healthcare, education and higher wages-not less of all those things.

oh, and CISPA is moving along-BEHIND CLOSED DOORS:
Members of the House Intelligence Committee accepted amendments to the controversial Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act Wednesday, voting to include the new provisions by an 18-2 margin after a closed door meeting

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-18-2013 at 06:18 PM..

Old 04-18-2013, 06:10 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Hopefully this is the start of the END for this Hispandering piece of garbage legislation and an end for that traitor Rubio's career.

Finally some decent American politicians have stepped forward to kill this garbage.
Michelle Bachman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

The sad part is, since there are so many law breaking Spanish speakers living in this county illegally, I can actually read and understand what he says
I think its actually because we have a high population of spanish speaking citizens and we border a spanish speaking country? understanding other languages is not a bad thing.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
It's all a joke now. Do you know what a trillion dollars looks like? See here: What does one TRILLION dollars look like? and then visit U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Millions of low-skilled, high-birth-rate Mexicans are the least of your worries. They're just a symptom of the slow but steady collapse of America. When that really happens most of them will return to Mexico if America isn't already like Mexico by that time.
Well millions of high birth rate Mexicans pretty much did in their own country but you're right, they'd gladly go back home if they had free health care and food stamps there. They don't care all that much for the USA or it's culture and language, but they very much like the easy money and easy life we offer.

At one time illegals planned to just come here and work a while, at least planned to save up and retire back in their own country but the good life won them over and now most are looking forward to collecting a nice social security check for their retirement years whether or not they ever paid in.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Michelle Bachman?

I think its actually because we have a high population of spanish speaking citizens and we border a spanish speaking country? understanding other languages is not a bad thing.
understanding the language on your own dime is one thing, but making me pay for you to understand our language is another thing altogether.

I wouldn't expect to go to a spanish speaking border country and make them teach me spanish, and force them to pay for it also.

that takes nerve.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Bascially I think everyone knows that the path to citizenship is amnesty by any other name since that failed under Bush.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:54 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
understanding the language on your own dime is one thing, but making me pay for you to understand our language is another thing altogether.

I wouldn't expect to go to a spanish speaking border country and make them teach me spanish, and force them to pay for it also.

that takes nerve.
Sheesh we dont even have a official language. many of the Americans who speak spanish also speak english, the only people i see who don't speak a word of english are tourist. i even know "latino" americans who don't even speak a word of spanish!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration