Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 05:02 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If the people coming from south of the border came in the insignificant numbers the Irish do, the issue would be much further back in the minds of most American. I dare say this illegal immigration forum wouldn't even exist.
Yes. I believe you're right. Skin color and country of origination of the illegals have a lot to do with so many of the discussions, I've observed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 05:48 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,199,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes. I believe you're right. Skin color and country of origination of the illegals have a lot to do with so many of the discussions, I've observed.
Yep Its not about skin color .It is about those breaking the law....

Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If the people coming from south of the border came in the insignificant numbers the Irish do, the issue would be much further back in the minds of most American. I dare say this illegal immigration forum wouldn't even exist.
Agreed. 50 thousand illegal alien Mexicans who STAYED quiet wouldn't be "seen" and they'd be Ok. But several MILLION illegal aliens Mexican or not Mexican shooting off their mouths IS a big problem.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Yep Its not about skin color .It is about those breaking the law....
For many people ... yes ... it's about the illegality. I'll agree with you about that. But for many others, as we've seen here on C-D ... it's really about the color of someone's skin or their ethnicity. Not always easy to separate the two. If you have a better and realistic idea of how to deal with the 10+ million illegal aliens from around the world who are present in the USA today ... I'm all ears. Thanks.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
For many people ... yes ... it's about the illegality. I'll agree with you about that. But for many others, as we've seen here on C-D ... it's really about the color of someone's skin or their ethnicity. Not always easy to separate the two. If you have a better and realistic idea of how to deal with the 10+ million illegal aliens from around the world who are present in the USA today ... I'm all ears. Thanks.
E verify, NO birthright, NO US ID for any illegal alien, NO Dream Act, ANY "contact" with LE is a 1 way ride to jail even for jaywalking and so on. MOST illegal aliens WILL leave and the few diehards left will be too scared to raise a fuss.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
E verify, NO birthright, NO US ID for any illegal alien, NO Dream Act, ANY "contact" with LE is a 1 way ride to jail even for jaywalking and so on. MOST illegal aliens WILL leave and the few diehards left will be too scared to raise a fuss.
Not a proposal which is in keeping with American, or Christian values.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Not a proposal which is in keeping with American, or Christian values.
Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany and so on do just that so why not the US?

So ILLEGAL aliens breaking a bunch of laws ARE "American" values? Sheesh!

Old 04-22-2013, 11:12 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,233 times
Quote:
Yeah sure, you just happened to leave out the vast numbers in your diatribe.

You prefer to leave out the 1 country that 58% percent of the illegals come from to try and deflect where the VAST majority of the problem originates from.

Regardless , ALL illegals should be treated the same, with deportation.

BTW , why don't you start a campaign pointing out this issue ? Maybe you can argue about different degrees of illegality but in the end they are all illegals and should be treated all the same with strict enforcement of US immigration laws.

BTW that LIAR Obama swore to uphold the laws of the USA and he has proven that he is an abject failure at it.

Didn't he vote against Immigration reform when he was a senetor ? This CIR BS is going to die anyway so all illegals from wherever are not going to get squat.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
BTW that LIAR Obama swore to uphold the laws of the USA and he has proven that he is an abject failure at it.
If the President of the United States has broken the law then I'm thinking there are many people who could or would go into the United States Federal Court system to make that allegation and to have a court of competent jurisdiction make a ruling. Some people have, gone to the courts on various legislation. But none has advanced the allegation that he's personally broken any laws, or violated his oath. I will point-out, however, that your comments appear to me to be defamation of character, for which you could be prosecuted ... because making such comments are a violation of law. You may not support the President, but in our democratic form of government the electorate has twice selected him to lead the nation. I wouldn't describe that a "failure." Rather, I think most objective observers will say that it's been an extraordinary success.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:00 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,506,734 times
"The roof's falling in, but let's discuss fixing the dripping bathroom faucet first".

No illegal immigration should be tolerated, but the porous Mexican border is overwhelmingly the main problem. Fix that and the vast majority of the problem is solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration