Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times

Advertisements

Thats what happens when you don't read the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 11:40 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Thats what happens when you don't read the bill.
That's outrageous.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:11 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
The sky could fall, also. "Could" is a broad-stroke reference. Always. Many people don't understand the legislative process. How a bill is written, introducted, heard in committee, marked-up, amended, etc., etc. When that lack of knowledge is present it makes for discussions which are meaningless.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The sky could fall, also. "Could" is a broad-stroke reference. Always. Many people don't understand the legislative process. How a bill is written, introducted, heard in committee, marked-up, amended, etc., etc. When that lack of knowledge is present it makes for discussions which are meaningless.
Does this mean illegals will be given preference over Americans?

Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 AM

313 posts, read 324,672 times
$3000 dollars for their vote. Not bad. Hey, he was able to buy the unions.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:28 AM

116 posts, read 110,295 times
Hahahahahaha.

That part of the proposed bill expempts provisionally legal immigrants from Obamacare! Conservatives just can't get along with immigrants can they? If they weren't exempt from Obamacare, you'll hear the waterworks here "BOO HOO ILLEGALS GETTING OBAMACARE AMERICA IS DOOMED." The Senate bill denies them Obamacare, so their employer doesn't have to pay $3000 insuring them, and now its "BOOHOO MY EMPLOYER WILL BE FORCED TO INSURE ME AND NOT ILLEGALS, AMERICA IS DOOMED."

Today is Tuesday, how dare illegals breathe on a Tuesday! America is doomed.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubi Panis View Post
Hahahahahaha.

That part of the proposed bill expempts provisionally legal immigrants from Obamacare! Conservatives just can't get along with immigrants can they? If they weren't exempt from Obamacare, you'll hear the waterworks here "BOO HOO ILLEGALS GETTING OBAMACARE AMERICA IS DOOMED." The Senate bill denies them Obamacare, so their employer doesn't have to pay $3000 insuring them, and now its "BOOHOO MY EMPLOYER WILL BE FORCED TO INSURE ME AND NOT ILLEGALS, AMERICA IS DOOMED."

Today is Tuesday, how dare illegals breathe on a Tuesday! America is doomed.
It certainly sounds like an incentive to employ legalized illegal aliens to me. You said it. . . employers won't have to pay $3000 to insure an illegal alien. Conversely, they WILL have to pay $3000 to insure a citizen employee. Hmmm. . . Now who would they choose to employ, someone costing them an extra 3 grand, or a newly-legalized illegal alien who won't cost them an extra dime?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It certainly sounds like an incentive to employ legalized illegal aliens to me. You said it. . . employers won't have to pay $3000 to insure an illegal alien. Conversely, they WILL have to pay $3000 to insure a citizen employee. Hmmm. . . Now who would they choose to employ, someone costing them an extra 3 grand, or a newly-legalized illegal alien who won't cost them an extra dime?
Welcome back, Benicar. We have missed you.

I would just address one other thing to this person. "Conservatives just can't get along with "immigrants"? Really? And silly me I thought it was foreingers in our country illegally that they and other Americans object to. Isn't this the illegal immigration forum?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 AM

116 posts, read 110,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are right, however, the provisional immigrant they do hire will have to pay for their own insurance, as opposed to the citizen who will get a free ride from their employer. That's the balance.

Obamacares benefit is you get insurance, it's downside is it makes you more costly to hire. The provisional immigrant takes the good with the bad. They become less costly to hire at the expense of losing mandated insurance.

The alternative would be provisional immigrants getting a "handout" of government mandated insurance from their employers. Isn't that the kind of thing people are against?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:08 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Welcome back, Benicar. We have missed you.

I would just address one other thing to this person. "Conservatives just can't get along with "immigrants"? Really? And silly me I thought it was foreingers in our country illegally that they and other Americans object to. Isn't this the illegal immigration forum?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubi Panis View Post
You are right, however, the provisional immigrant they do hire will have to pay for their own insurance, as opposed to the citizen who will get a free ride from their employer. That's the balance.

Obamacares benefit is you get insurance, it's downside is it makes you more costly to hire. The provisional immigrant takes the good with the bad. They become less costly to hire at the expense of losing mandated insurance.

The alternative would be provisional immigrants getting a "handout" of government mandated insurance from their employers. Isn't that the kind of thing people are against?
But, we aren't discussing what employees will pay, are we? We are discussing whether an employer would have an incentive to hire a newly-legalized illegal alien, which, given the addition $3000 they can save, they clearly would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration