U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 01:26 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,307,363 times

Advertisements

More of the mass deportation strawman. Love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 01:47 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Explain what you think "quotas in other categories" means in this instance. Whom does it cover? How would you adjust immigration by ethnicity?

Because you never provide any substance to your plans. One can complain about the status quo, but if you can't explain an alternative in enough detail to prove it will work, what is the point? It just sounds like you want to end or constrain only Hispanic immigration, and I want to know why.
I am just going to say just one more thing to you under this topic and that you have been reported for harrassing me as I have asked you over and over to stop this. I have never said nor implied an end to Hispanic immigration!!!!!! So stop spinning my words!!!!! I have only said that our immigration numbers should be diversified because they aren't right now and I don't owe you any ideas or plans on how it could be accomplished. I am sure the powers that be would be able to figure it out. You want to know why? Since when do I owe any explanations to you for anything? You certainly only answer questions in here when you feel like it!!!

Once again, this is a forum for discussing illegal immigration not legal immigration!

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-05-2013 at 01:57 PM..

Old 05-05-2013, 02:47 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I am just going to say just one more thing to you under this topic and that you have been reported for harrassing me as I have asked you over and over to stop this. I have never said nor implied an end to Hispanic immigration!!!!!! So stop spinning my words!!!!! I have only said that our immigration numbers should be diversified because they aren't right now and I don't owe you any ideas or plans on how it could be accomplished. I am sure the powers that be would be able to figure it out. You want to know why? Since when do I owe any explanations to you for anything? You certainly only answer questions in here when you feel like it!!!

Once again, this is a forum for discussing illegal immigration not legal immigration!
Review all of my post again, and tell me where this perceived "harassment" is something other than a call for debate. You've explained that debate will expand past illegal immigration here, and I've had some long discussions with Yac to what the boundaries of this section entail. The perception that I am commonly left with on your posts is that you want to regulate immigration by ethnicity. Skills and sponsorship levels even seem to only play a secondary role to what the ethnicity of the potential immigrant is first.

You've turned that back at me that I have something against "diversity", and that I only bring it up for the "ethnocentric" reason of my marriage. By current immigration law, marriage to a U.S. citizen is the most common mechanism (25%) to come to the United States, I don't expect that some other regulation about ethnicity should have any other effect on the lengthy process I endured. By your calls to "diversity", I would have thought you would have championed whomever else you thought should be a priority, but it was expressed over and over in the attributes of not being a Hispanic.

When you don't elaborate any detail, that is the impression people are left with...

Old 05-06-2013, 07:46 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Migration Policy Institute is providing what it describes as a side-by-side comparison of the provisions of the 2006, 2007 and 2013 U.S. Senate immigration reform proposals. I'm finding the comparisons and references to be an interesting.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/pubs/...de-by-Side.pdf
Accept the 2013 bill isn't what they are using.
Quote:
This is based on the 17-page framework released on April 15, 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I'm wondering if anyone finding faults with the 2013 bill has read it: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...-113s744is.pdf
YES. I have both read and found faults in/with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubi Panis View Post
Think of it this way, since almost every politician has given up the idea of mass deportations, they are gonna be here either way.

So would you rather they remain here under the current system, or under a system where we can keep a check on them?
No politician ever held the position of mass deportation.

You have alot of assumption in your posts. The DHS and ICE can't even keep a "check" on those here legally, what makes you believe they will be able to do so with 11M more people?

Old 05-06-2013, 08:27 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
I'd rather go with the status quo than to see them gain legalization in our country. Either way they won't be checked on anyway. Our government has a history of not keeping tabs on foreigners in our country. They certainly didn't make sure they wouldn't make it through our borders illegally.

At least if they remain illegal we can deport them as they are found and if we did the right thing which is to remove the incentives for them to remain here many if not most would self-deport. Making them legal would put them in competition for jobs in our country and be able to retain the jobs they have already that should be for Americans. They would also be able to tap into our welfare coffers if they aren't already through their anchor babies. We would have less crowding of our schools, jails and hospitals. much lower demands on our natural and social resources, lower crime rates and lower taxes with their exit from our country.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 AM

405 posts, read 358,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Migration Policy Institute is providing what it describes as a side-by-side comparison of the provisions of the 2006, 2007 and 2013 U.S. Senate immigration reform proposals. I'm finding the comparisons and references to be an interesting.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/pubs/...de-by-Side.pdf
Can you add a column for the 1986 amnesty that we know failed? Thanks!

One thing I don't like...

"Penalties for employing illegal immigrant -- N/A"

Last edited by Wicket; 05-06-2013 at 10:08 AM..

Old 05-06-2013, 10:04 AM

405 posts, read 358,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What will happen is what happened last time.

We give them amnesty and promise to tighten the border.
Life goes on and illegals continue to come here.
In another 10-20 years they'll hit a critical mass and we'll give amnesty to the next batch of illegals with promises to secure the border.

Rinse and repeat.
No, 20 million more will start really impacting average Americans, to the point where it would create a much larger outcry than the last 25 years, when they have largely been segregated in their own communities with their own rotten schools. We'll also have a lot more poor people. Bad idea.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:00 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'd rather go with the status quo than to see them gain legalization in our country. Either way they won't be checked on anyway. Our government has a history of not keeping tabs on foreigners in our country. They certainly didn't make sure they wouldn't make it through our borders illegally.

At least if they remain illegal we can deport them as they are found and if we did the right thing which is to remove the incentives for them to remain here many if not most would self-deport. Making them legal would put them in competition for jobs in our country and be able to retain the jobs they have already that should be for Americans. They would also be able to tap into our welfare coffers if they aren't already through their anchor babies. We would have less crowding of our schools, jails and hospitals. much lower demands on our natural and social resources, lower crime rates and lower taxes with their exit from our country.
I'm with you and would rather toe the line and keep them living in fear. ANY part of this bill passing is simply a reward for breaking our laws. I have yet to see any real security measures.
) HIGH RISK BORDER SECTOR.—The term
2 ‘‘high risk border sector’’ means a border sector in
3 which more than 30,000 individuals were appre-
4 hended during the most recent fiscal year

The ENTIRE border will have to be fenced as they will simply move making the area secure no longer any part of the equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or