U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2013, 01:39 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Reputation: 26656

Advertisements

US hospitals send hundreds of immigrants back home - Vitals

Sucks to be them, but why should our hospitals and taxpayers continuously have to foot the bill for people who have no right to be here? You have to draw the line somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2013, 01:48 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Reputation: 2199
I hope more hospitals start this trend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2013, 04:34 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
29,921 posts, read 34,526,470 times
Reputation: 35919
Mexico has good hospitals. Let them get treated there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
US hospitals send hundreds of immigrants back home - Vitals

Sucks to be them, but why should our hospitals and taxpayers continuously have to foot the bill for people who have no right to be here? You have to draw the line somewhere.
"Hundreds of immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally have taken similar journeys through a little-known removal system run not by the federal government trying to enforce laws but by hospitals seeking to curb high costs. A recent report compiled by immigrant advocacy groups made a rare attempt to determine how many people are sent home, concluding that at least 600 immigrants were removed over a five-year period, though there were likely many more."

I'm waiting for La Raza and friends to start screaming how wrong it is to deport illegal aliens who can't talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2013, 09:17 PM
 
50 posts, read 27,955 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
The men had health insurance from jobs at one of the nation's largest pork producers.

WTF. All of that work to get insurance but they couldn´t verify citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"Hundreds of immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally have taken similar journeys through a little-known removal system run not by the federal government trying to enforce laws but by hospitals seeking to curb high costs. A recent report compiled by immigrant advocacy groups made a rare attempt to determine how many people are sent home, concluding that at least 600 immigrants were removed over a five-year period, though there were likely many more."

I'm waiting for La Raza and friends to start screaming how wrong it is to deport illegal aliens who can't talk.
I'm not screaming. At least the hospitals are getting smart. At least they are trying to do something about this pesky problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,137 posts, read 10,568,819 times
Reputation: 9294
These illegals are citizens of other countries. We did not invite them into our country. Why should we pay?

It is a little different with companies that are withholding funds for insurance – like the one case in the OP's link. No; I do not think that our insurance companies should get a free ride - if they were paid. Then, I feel, the insurance companies should provide the benefits. If it is the insurance company's policy not to pay benefits to illegal immigrants; then our companies should not hire them or be forced to dig in their own pockets in case of an accident.

The American taxpayer is stressed enough today. Our government keeps telling us that we have a high standard of living. However; a high standard of living was never supposed to be working multiple jobs just to keep above water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 AM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
29,921 posts, read 34,526,470 times
Reputation: 35919
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I'm not screaming. At least the hospitals are getting smart. At least they are trying to do something about this pesky problem.
I'm fairly sure that buried in Obama Care this will be outlawed probably on page 1634.

We've just not read it yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Here
10,833 posts, read 11,566,701 times
Reputation: 5928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm fairly sure that buried in Obama Care this will be outlawed probably on page 1634.
Page 1634 is probably still in chapter 1. It will probably be a bit further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM
 
50 posts, read 27,955 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
These illegals are citizens of other countries. We did not invite them into our country. Why should we pay?

It is a little different with companies that are withholding funds for insurance – like the one case in the OP's link. No; I do not think that our insurance companies should get a free ride - if they were paid. Then, I feel, the insurance companies should provide the benefits. If it is the insurance company's policy not to pay benefits to illegal immigrants; then our companies should not hire them or be forced to dig in their own pockets in case of an accident.

The American taxpayer is stressed enough today. Our government keeps telling us that we have a high standard of living. However; a high standard of living was never supposed to be working multiple jobs just to keep above water.
That's the truth of the matter. The Hospital will charge the locality for this and hence everyone else. Employer, which apparently had enough info to obtain insurance for the employees gets away with no crime. Odd's are they are violating some labor law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top