U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:04 AM

884 posts, read 711,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
It disgusts me, especially in the construction jobs - those jobs went from $18/hour years ago to $9/hour today, because of illegals depressing wages.

These are not "jobs Americans won't do"! Nothing really is, as long as pay is fair.

Don't get me started.
Absolutely, also the corrupt douche bags hiring these illegal’s need to be in jail. They refuse to take any sort of accountability and still rely on the "we thought his papers were real MOD CUT". If their papers were real then you wouldn't be paying in cash and WOULD be paying taxes.

I say maybe deport the illegals and the people who hire them?

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-31-2007 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 09:19 AM

Location: Southern California native, last 20 yrs in Milwaukee Wisc.
1,142 posts, read 3,317,969 times
Yeah, millions of illegals, mostly from the 3rd world, is just great, isn't it? They've done such a fine job with their own countries, now they're here to share all their gifts and abilities with us. I'm really loving all the crime, depressed wages, abuse of medical services, declining schools, once-rare diseases popping back up in U.S., etc. Great stuff.

Oops!! There I go being politically incorrect again. What I meant to say is:
Gee, I'm just loving all this wonderful cultural diversity. It makes us stronger as a nation. After all, we were all immigrants at one time.

Give me an effing break.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:41 AM

188 posts, read 881,026 times
this data is sickening. It's like finding out about the holocaust. Im glad I moved to NH.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:40 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,014 times
Oh, oh, you got me started!

It's disgusting how our government does not have the will to close the damned border and be done with it. The American people overwhelmingly want to put a stop to illegal immigration for many reasons: depression of wages, more crime, overpopulation in some areas, illegals' free use of our hospitals and schools, diseases coming in, etc., so that we, the CITIZENS, get screwed.

After all, who pays the taxes, and who fights our wars?? US - the citizens!!

We need to hold our government's feet to the fire. At least we made sure that the "shamnesty" bills were shot down. Without us citizens calling, faxing, writing, screaming at our so-called "representatives" (who are now representing Mexico!), those bills would have passed. That is a HUGE triumph for the American people, and it must continue.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:57 AM

Lets not forget about our soldiers who are medically neglected after they come home from fighting Bush's war in Iraq. I'm sure Mr. Bush received the best care in the world after he wrecked his little bicycle a few months back.

There are several reasons why our government is allowing this to go on...that I know of.

#1 There are too many illegals working in our economy (particularly in manufacturing, construction and agriculture) and it would be a huge blow to the economy without them now. They showed that with the demonstrations and waiving of the Mexican flag in our country.

#2 In a way, it is our gov'ts response to depressed wages and low cost of goods coming from China. China refuses to raise there currency value which allows them to make the same goods (with lead paint however) at a much lower price. But if we pay crap wages to Mexicans it evens up a bit.

#3 I could go on but I think I will stop here and number 3 can be that our government is a bunch of hypocritical retards that care only of themselves and their immediate interests and agendas.

"One nation.....Under God, Easily Divisible........with Liberty and Justice for ALL Mexicans"

Last edited by Steve_W; 10-31-2007 at 11:14 AM..

Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
I think if you double or triple most of these numbers it would be more accurate.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I think if you double or triple most of these numbers it would be more accurate.
The last number I heard was 30-35 million. I can't remember where I saw it, I'll look again and see if I can find it.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 AM

3,081 posts, read 6,603,706 times
TEXAS has around 1.7 million illegals?? I find that number to be kind of low, But anyway, there wouldnt be so many illegals in this country if Legal Citizens were not so high and mighty and do the work the illegals do. The reason why they are here is to do the jobs AMERICANS WONT DO.......If we have anyone to blame its ourselves.
But those facts are somewhat alarming to say the least.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
TEXAS has around 1.7 million illegals?? I find that number to be kind of low, But anyway, there wouldnt be so many illegals in this country if Legal Citizens were not so high and mighty and do the work the illegals do. The reason why they are here is to do the jobs AMERICANS WONT DO.......If we have anyone to blame its ourselves.
You are right...and wrong. They aren’t jobs we won't do. They are jobs we have been doing for hundreds of years. In reality, they are jobs we won't do for the MOD CUT wages the Mexicans are doing it for. So yes, the part you were right on is that it is our fault in the fact that we let this go on and people hire them and push legal citizens into different trades.

What’s sad is that jobs even similar to drywall are now considered "a job for a Mexican".

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-31-2007 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: language

Old 10-31-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
Now, I don't agree that they do "jobs Americans won't do" - they're going into areas like construction that Americans did just fine previously. As far as farm work, they can mechanize it. And, as far as other low-paying jobs that the illegals do, Americans WILL do these jobs for a decent wage.

The illegals will live with 20 people in a 1-bedroom apartment (even though that is illegal most places) - Americans don't want to live like that - we have a higher sense of quality in our lives. So, of course, the illegals take jobs that pay lower wages, and most of it gets sent back home to Mexico or other countries.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay more for goods than to have all this illegal immigration going on. And, I'm certainly not rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or