U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

Artist: Jeff Parker
Yes, that's what happens when you have no immigration laws or enforcement of them. We should learn from the Indians what a mistake it is to let them keep coming, and coming and coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 PM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 6,989,487 times
Reputation: 3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, that's what happens when you have no immigration laws or enforcement of them. We should learn from the Indians what a mistake it is to let them keep coming, and coming and coming.
Okay. Let's make it retroactive. Both you and I can go back to the lands of our ancestors. And leave the continent to the "natives."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 01:57 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Okay. Let's make it retroactive. Both you and I can go back to the lands of our ancestors. And leave the continent to the "natives."
Too late --- what happened hundreds of years ago cannot be undone but we don't have to be like the Indians and have no immigration laws.

Every country in the world including Mexico has immigration laws of some kind -- because not to have them is foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Illinois
2,415 posts, read 2,353,204 times
Reputation: 336
Default But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
common sense immigration policy
if you break our laws to enter our country, you can't stay, and you can't come back.
if you come to chicago i'll bet there is a lawyer who can get it squared away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 03:07 PM
 
22 posts, read 33,759 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most Americans do not look at illegal immigrants with sympathy or as the downtrodden nor do they think on equal terms with legal immigrants. They know better than that. Doesn't matter what Americans want anyway. It is congress who will make that decision. They will be getting an earful though from loyal, law abiding Americans just like the last time when amnesty was pushed.

I think that save for people living in border states, conservatives, the wonderfully
enlightened people on this list, and some few others able to think realistically,
the collective American psyche shows a semi-debilitating ambivalence toward
illegal immigrants. They are viewed by many--especially by the Low-Information
Thinkers that abound in the U.S.---as not being that much different from the legal
immigrants of the past---shucks, all they did was neglect to fill out a few papers
that would give them legal status.We're all descended from immigrants, right?
Even the ostensibly conservative Bill O'Reilly of the O Reilly Factor on Fox News
has said, I think more than once, that if his family were hungry he'd try to break into
American like illegals.Combine this ambivalence with political correctness and the lack of
an immigration process direclly responsive to the desires of the above-mentioned
anti-illegal public, and you get the mess we have today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 03:19 PM
 
31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8347
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Okay. Let's make it retroactive. Both you and I can go back to the lands of our ancestors. And leave the continent to the "natives."
Even the so-called natives migrated from somewhere else. When are they going back over the Bering Strait from whence their ancestors came from?

What do you suggest that Mexicans do for example many of which are Mestizos of mixed race white Spanish European and so-called native American? Should they ship one half of themselves back to Spain and leave the other half here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 PM
 
31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Patriot View Post
I think that save for people living in border states, conservatives, the wonderfully
enlightened people on this list, and some few others able to think realistically,
the collective American psyche shows a semi-debilitating ambivalence toward
illegal immigrants. They are viewed by many--especially by the Low-Information
Thinkers that abound in the U.S.---as not being that much different from the legal
immigrants of the past---shucks, all they did was neglect to fill out a few papers
that would give them legal status.We're all descended from immigrants, right?
Even the ostensibly conservative Bill O'Reilly of the O Reilly Factor on Fox News
has said, I think more than once, that if his family were hungry he'd try to break into
American like illegals.Combine this ambivalence with political correctness and the lack of
an immigration process direclly responsive to the desires of the above-mentioned
anti-illegal public, and you get the mess we have today.

Yes, I know what you mean. Far too many are clueless in this country. They don't seem to be able to separate legal from illegal immigraton. I have heard O'Reilly make those same comments that you mentioned and after that I refused to ever watch his show again. It's all about playing on American sympathies also even if it means our own demise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Prepperland
13,115 posts, read 9,199,435 times
Reputation: 8983
What part of "Break our laws..." is hard to understand?
Do you REALLY want to embrace lawbreakers into (y)our country?

I hope you're as accommodating to squatters who break into your house and use its facilities without your permission, and leave you paying the cost for their stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 05:52 PM
 
2,542 posts, read 3,528,243 times
Reputation: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Common Sense Immigration Policy
If you break our laws to enter our country, you can't stay, and you can't come back.
Turn back the clock. Send them back where they came from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

Artist: Jeff Parker
Uh; I'm 100 percent sure the Indians also came here at different times. It's well known different tribes had wars over women, land, buffalo and so on even before 1492. But why are the Indians given a pass for sometimes being illegal aliens before 1492 but white people after 1492 ain't? Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top