U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM

23,636 posts, read 31,299,087 times

Advertisements

IMHO the only people who arrive here illegally who should even be considered for permanent residency are true asylum seekers. I'm talking about people who would be imprisoned, tortured, or killed if they returned to their country of origin. I'm not talking about people who are here just to make more money. Affluence isn't a human right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,016,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Very unscientific poll. Even where I live, you don't really see this lust for open borders, unlimited immigration and rewarding every illegal with quick easy citizenship.
Well, I don't think you see that anywhere actually. But, I don't think we find many people expressing the opinions on the matter you do, either.

Quote:
In fact I live where you can observe actual deportations and no one bats an eye. The INS van pulls up to a gate in the fence and the illegals get out and walk back into their own country. No one cares.
I'd have the same reaction.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:55 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, I don't think you see that anywhere actually. But, I don't think we find many people expressing the opinions on the matter you do, either.

I'd have the same reaction.
I think if my opinion was put into a poll response, you'd see lot of agreement with it. I'm not really in favor of door-to-door searches but I think the government should come down very hard on those who employ illegals, and I'm for leaving illegals illegal -- they chose to come here illegally or stay here illegally -- so leave them that way. Deport them as they make their presence known.

I also believe they should get rid of the 14th amendment because it was never meant as a backdoor around the immigration laws and free pass into the welfare offices. Same liberals who act like the 14th amendment is sacred want to eliminate the 2nd amendment which is part of the first 10 and not tacked on later.

Illegals who have no criminal record already have a way to come here legally -- they can go home and start over the right way, get in line with all the others who respect our laws. They should't be rewarded because they chose to break the laws.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:04 PM

1,864 posts, read 1,968,692 times
Quote:
I suspect, after reading the entirety of your comments, that you're unaware of the history of the United States and of the contribution immigrants have made to our nation ... and of our American values. Unless you're the offspring of a Native American ... I'm left to assume you carey with you shame and disgrace due to the immigration to the USA by you and/or your ancestors.
It's the same old, tired ace in the hole excuse Hispanic immigrants always use, can't you think of something new? No, I didn't think so. You think because the founding fathers came from western Europe whom ended up building the greatest country on earth that somehow people from Mexico have contributed equally? Remember we were a colony of England, and our values system, our government/legislature, education system, legal system, and free society --envied by all, came from them. What have Mexicans given us, besides billions of debt paying out all their subsidies, free health care, housing vouchers, SNAP, WIC programs, etc. Yes, there have been some contribution, but it does not compare to the immense liability we have acquired in comparison. Remember, the founding fathers didn't have any subsidies, none. They had to make it on their own.

So, what do you suppose the excuse immigrants use in Europe??

Last edited by 9162; 04-26-2013 at 03:37 PM..

Old 04-26-2013, 03:51 PM

31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Quote:
I suspect, after reading the entirety of your comments, that you're unaware of the history of the United States and of the contribution immigrants have made to our nation ... and of our American values. Unless you're the offspring of a Native American ... I'm left to assume you carey with you shame and disgrace due to the immigration to the USA by you and/or your ancestors.
Yes, LEGAL immigrants. Our country has never been about illegal ones. Nor is illegal immigration good for our country.

Even the so-called native Americans migrated from somewhere else. They didn't just sprout up out of the ground like corn. So all of our ancestors were immigrants to this country including the so-called native Americans. In fact the human race originated in Africa.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
while 23 percent believe all illegal immigrants should be deported...note the word all

23 % is not a majority.

You are in deniel...
23 + 30 = 53% with only "some" exceptions. I am not the one in denial.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:58 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,016,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Even the so-called native Americans migrated from somewhere else. They didn't just sprout up out of the ground like corn. So all of our ancestors were immigrants to this country including the so-called native Americans.
So, then ... those we called "Native Americans" wer actually "illegal immigrants." Interesting you would make the point. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:19 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,802,922 times
here's what the citizens have to look forward to in the new immigration "reform":

The immigration bill introduced to the Senate a week and a half ago would, if passed, allow illegal immigrants to access state and local welfare benefits immediately, Breitbart News has learned. The financial impact of allowing potentially millions of immigrants onto state and local public assistance could overwhelm these programs' budgets. (end)

our loser leaders aren't going to be happy until the country is completely destroyed.

where are americans supposed to go when the well runs dry?

maybe we can all go to mexico and make demands on their citizens. of course, we run a risk going to an uncivilized country where murders of citizens and journalists are routine, because nobody cares enough there to fix the insanity.

so that's what we have to look forward to coming to the united states with unchecked and REWARDED immigration.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
So, then ... those we called "Native Americans" wer actually "illegal immigrants." Interesting you would make the point. Thanks.
No, they were no more illegal immigrants than the Europeans were. It was a wide open country for the taking and sharing at the time.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 PM

116 posts, read 91,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, they were no more illegal immigrants than the Europeans were. It was a wide open country for the taking and sharing at the time.
It still is Oldglory, it still is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or