U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubi Panis View Post
Well the fact that you refer to people instead of actions as "illegal" speaks somewhat to your "redneck" disposition. Also, unlawfully present immigrants already have a path to citizenship, it simply involves them going back to their countries and applying from there. So you don't seem very literate on that subject.
From serving on a federal grand jury, I can attest to the fact that our immigration violators are indeed classified as illegal aliens. There is nothing "redneck" involved. One is either here legally, or they are ILLEGAL. Don't we also classify citizen offenders? Don't we call those who steal, thieves? Those who kill with premeditation, murderers? Those who force sex on others, rapists? They are still human beings, but their actions have earned them an appropriate unlawful designation. If immigrants don't want to be referred to as illegal, they should obey our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 AM

405 posts, read 358,321 times
Haha, my poll is bigger than your poll, LOL!!!

Old 05-03-2013, 07:51 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubi Panis View Post
Well the fact that you refer to people instead of actions as "illegal" speaks somewhat to your "redneck" disposition. Also, unlawfully present immigrants already have a path to citizenship, it simply involves them going back to their countries and applying from there. So you don't seem very literate on that subject.
Then what's the problem? Just follow the rules; if someone doesn't like it, we don't want that person here any way. The US gov't still calls illegal aliens: "illegal aliens".

Old 05-06-2013, 02:59 PM

6,936 posts, read 6,992,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
One is either here legally, or they are ILLEGAL.
I agree.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Did you miss my response to you in post #32?
Yes, I did. And my answer is the same. Do you believe everything someone tells you? Didn't your parents tell you not to take candy from a stranger?

Old 05-06-2013, 05:08 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, I did. And my answer is the same. Do you believe everything someone tells you? Didn't your parents tell you not to take candy from a stranger?
You think that is the only source about the wall that Mexico has or had proposed on their southern border? Prove it wrong then. Um, I am in my 60's so kiddie analogies don't cut it with me.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Um, I am in my 60's so kiddie analogies don't cut it with me.
Well, you might learn to offer some apologies. You'll find it's a healing experience.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:26 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, you might learn to offer some apologies. You'll find it's a healing experience.
Apologies for what and to whom? You never did provide any proof that Mexico did or has intentions of building a wall on its southern border.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:04 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
I'll apologize for whatever you want, if it means getting this thread back on topic. I really don't like closing threads.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or