Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 12:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This alone should call for a tax payer revolt.
All the ads for WIC and food stamps and Medicaid that are going out in Spanish puts lie to that old "they're only coming here to work" and to improve themselves.

They are a very large and very very fast growing welfare class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 01:23 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
An appropriate response, I'm thinking:

Old 04-26-2013, 01:45 PM

10 posts, read 9,199 times
Actually I see these abuses a lot in my work. I work in a large, teaching hospital, and we do have a sizable patient population of illegal Mexican immigrant families. While I do have compassion, that compassion is also mixed with common sense and an increasing sense of anger. My experience with these families is mainly they don't wish to advance or further themselves in American society. I would not mind illegal immigration as much if those who break the rule coming here, contribute to society more than they take from it. The opposite is more often the case, as these families do not limit themselves to only having children for whom they can support, because they know the U.S. government is a nice, safety net. Social workers in healthcare often perpetuate this sense of entitlement from illegal immigrant families. Also, why practice birth control when the government is here to provide higher amounts of housing vouchers or food stamp? They may be illegal but they're not stupid when it comes to getting all the freebies they can get from the American people. More egregious examples include families who were upset at me for not being able to communicate with them in Spanish. Hello? Did my family and I immigrate to Mexico instead of the U.S.? English isn't my first language but I now consider it my native language, having fully assimilated into American society since immigrating here legally as a child. I've since used English to learn German and French, but I refuse to learn Spanish just because California is requiring it more and more in the workplace, particularly in the medical/ healthcare field.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
How about Mexicans doing that in their own country --- the USA has separation of Church and State.

Maybe if Mexicans took care of their poor, they wouldn't expect us to take in their entire impoverished class and provide them such a high standard of living. The richest man in the world lives in Mexico.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:55 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So a document from 5 March 2009, over four years ago, and less than two months after President Obama took office, annotated "For Review, Update of 2008 doc.", is somehow current news? The link in the e-mail printout (unsurprisingly, for the age) is dead. Why does the "Daily Caller" feel the need to invent news (a picture on the article of President Obama and recently-elected President Nieto is supposed to reveal some detail to this arrangement?) against our President for a Bush II-era program?

What (and who) are you specifically complaining about here, and why not more timely to the program before it was closed?...
Doesn't matter when it was documented. Fact is tax payers are going to be paying for non Americans who don't belong in the country.

This is just another form of stealing from foreigners. Welfare should be for Americans only.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:29 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
All the ads for WIC and food stamps and Medicaid that are going out in Spanish puts lie to that old "they're only coming here to work" and to improve themselves.

They are a very large and very very fast growing welfare class.
Why not give them free bus rides across the border?

Old 04-26-2013, 02:37 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
You actually think that Jesus would have approved of illegal immigrants taking advantage of this country and at the expense of the taxpayer? To my knowledge Jesus spoke out against lawbreakers.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Not surprised and see this often in Illinois. Here to be a caseworker in public aid you need to speak Spanish. The ads even state this that you must speak Spanish, yet rarely do they even say must speak English or it's an afterthought. Over half of those on assistance in Illinois allegedly are illegals and their kids.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Targeted schools all over the country are open in the summer so the USDA can provide food.

It's called the Summer Food Service Program and is open and free to anyone under 18.
It is not means tested.

Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) | Food and Nutrition Service

Old 04-26-2013, 03:38 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Here is why it matters..because that means both parties don't care what you think...bout that.
They don't care what you think either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration