U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2013, 03:31 PM
 
32,027 posts, read 14,790,353 times
Reputation: 8555

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
where are your facts..where are the numbers? Dont have them cuz you cant calculate from an unknown. nice try amigo

Happy 5th of may...
They have already been posted in here by another member. You just didn't like the sources because it doesn't fit your agenda. I also provided links to the out of wedlock births and crime rates for Hispanics in general because another member challenged those facts and wanted proof. I provided it.

Why are you continuing with your Happy 5th of May taunts post after post when in the first place this is April 28th not May 5th and May 5th has nothing to do with this country's history? How long are you going to keep that up and what is your point for doing so?

 
Old 04-29-2013, 11:27 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,641 posts, read 31,364,767 times
Reputation: 26737
I printed off my forms to apply for a Canadian visa today. Obviously I, as an American, am no longer wanted in my own country since our government is doing its very best to usurp us by bringing in as many immigrants as possible.

I guess I'll just have to become an immigrant myself!
 
Old 04-29-2013, 01:07 PM
 
32,027 posts, read 14,790,353 times
Reputation: 8555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I printed off my forms to apply for a Canadian visa today. Obviously I, as an American, am no longer wanted in my own country since our government is doing its very best to usurp us by bringing in as many immigrants as possible.

I guess I'll just have to become an immigrant myself!
Good luck to you. It will be Canada's gain and our loss of such a wonderful patriot.
 
Old 04-29-2013, 02:50 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,641 posts, read 31,364,767 times
Reputation: 26737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Good luck to you. It will be Canada's gain and our loss of such a wonderful patriot.
It's sad for me too; I've lived abroad before and came home because I missed it, but the more time I spend here the more I realize that this country is hell-bent on destroying its middle class.
 
Old 04-29-2013, 04:00 PM
 
32,027 posts, read 14,790,353 times
Reputation: 8555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It's sad for me too; I've lived abroad before and came home because I missed it, but the more time I spend here the more I realize that this country is hell-bent on destroying its middle class.
Yes, that is unfortunate. Corruption in our government is being accellerated more every day. Anything goes for money, power and votes. Our politicians obviously don't think they need to make illegal immigrants respect our immigration laws by enforcing them and they certainly don't care about the negative impact they have on our citizens. Our enemies must be laughing behind our backs.
 
Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
116 posts, read 91,835 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I printed off my forms to apply for a Canadian visa today. Obviously I, as an American, am no longer wanted in my own country since our government is doing its very best to usurp us by bringing in as many immigrants as possible.

I guess I'll just have to become an immigrant myself!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the irony of a staunch anti-immigration advocate attempting to emigrate to another land. Oh btw Canada is more inclusive than we are, that should help you. They certainly don't shrug everything off as "not my problem."
 
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 PM
 
166 posts, read 212,934 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
NumbersUSA is well known for their fantasy math and phony statistics. believe what you wish. Anti-immigrant groups are consistently wrong in thier assecessments.

Here's a tip: if you're getting your information for CIS, FAIR, NUMBERS USA, or VDEER...you're misinformed.

Have a nice. Happy Cinco de Mayo amigo.
ANTI- ILLEGAL Aliens.
 
Old 04-30-2013, 12:54 AM
 
Location: anchorage
306 posts, read 254,626 times
Reputation: 214
I could see giving these people one year to obtain a work visa and prove they have a job. This way we can find out who and how many people are in our country. If they don't come forward in this time then we don't deport them, we put them in jail for ten years for being in our county illegally. If you give these criminals free citizenship, you might as well open up the prisons and set everyone free for we have no rules or laws.
 
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 AM
 
32,027 posts, read 14,790,353 times
Reputation: 8555
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
I could see giving these people one year to obtain a work visa and prove they have a job. This way we can find out who and how many people are in our country. If they don't come forward in this time then we don't deport them, we put them in jail for ten years for being in our county illegally. If you give these criminals free citizenship, you might as well open up the prisons and set everyone free for we have no rules or laws.
I object to them being able to obtain a work visa just because they are working here illegally already. We have 23 million Americans out of work. We need the jobs they are holding for our own citizens.
 
Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
116 posts, read 91,835 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I object to them being able to obtain a work visa just because they are working here illegally already. We have 23 million Americans out of work. We need the jobs they are holding for our own citizens.
Oldglory how many years did you spend studying economics? Because that assertion demonstrates an embarrassing lack of understanding of how the jobs market works.

Jobs aren't a physical commodity like gold or oil. You can't take it from one person and give it to another. They are an activity. Tell me, in states that have less than 2% of their population as undocumented, but 8% unemployment, how are documented Americans going to fill up the vacancies, without ironically migrating to other states?

Also, how are people who have skills and experience in retail suddenly going to start working on farms? Not all jobs are made equal. Your assertion is ridiculous and it's been tried in Alabama. The undocumented Hispanics left the fields and no documented Americans picked the crops. The crops rotted. Your ideas have been discredited not just in theory, but in practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top