U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2013, 02:13 PM
 
1,859 posts, read 1,959,085 times
Reputation: 2351

Advertisements

The pending Senate immigration bill would bring a minimum of 33 million people into the country during its first decade of operation, according to an analysis by NumbersUSA. By 2024, the inflow would include an additional 9.2 million illegal immigrants, plus 2.5 million illegals who arrived as children. The majority of the inflow, or roughly 17 million people, would consist of family members of illegals. Under the current "chain immigration" system, whenever you let in one immigrant, you allow him to bring all his relatives, then those people can bring in their relatives. Advocates of immigration "reform" carefully avoided talking about these second and third order effects. It is estimated that the effects would have a greater impact on the United States than any event since the Civil War. It is expected to be worse than originally proposed, because relatives of the newly-legalized will be admitted en masse without regard to the overall caps on immigration that would otherwise apply.

Attorney General Eric Holder addressed the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) Thursday, and included comments regarding the U.S. comprehensive immigration reform plan which most Americans do not agree with. Holder ignored inquiries concerning the effects on the economy, and how it will inevitably drive down the wages of unskilled and semiskilled labor, to the grave detriment of existing Americans who are already struggling to make a living. Holder exclaimed that amnesty is a "civil right," and is about who we are as a nation.

REPORT: Immigration bill to bring in at least 33 million people… Loopholes create fast-track | InvestmentWatch

Do We Want to Import 33 Million Mexicans? And If So, Why? | Power Line

NumbersUSA: Immigration bill to bring in at least 33 million | The Daily Caller

Holder: Amnesty is a ‘civil right’

Eric Holder: Amnesty for illegals is a civil right - BizPac Review

 
Old 04-27-2013, 02:22 PM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8361
Evidently Holder and some of the other powers that be in our government want to replace Americans with foreigners for cheap labor and votes. I guess they no longer consider us an asset but a liability. Our ancestors who built this country must be rolling in their graves.
 
Old 04-27-2013, 09:50 PM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 6,992,370 times
Reputation: 3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Evidently Holder and some of the other powers that be in our government want to replace Americans with foreigners for cheap labor and votes.
Really? Not likely. Only in someone's imagination.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 04:42 AM
 
Location: texas
9,138 posts, read 6,484,254 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
The pending Senate immigration bill would bring a minimum of 33 million people into the country during its first decade of operation, according to an analysis by NumbersUSA. By 2024, the inflow would include an additional 9.2 million illegal immigrants, plus 2.5 million illegals who arrived as children. The majority of the inflow, or roughly 17 million people, would consist of family members of illegals. Under the current "chain immigration" system, whenever you let in one immigrant, you allow him to bring all his relatives, then those people can bring in their relatives. Advocates of immigration "reform" carefully avoided talking about these second and third order effects. It is estimated that the effects would have a greater impact on the United States than any event since the Civil War. It is expected to be worse than originally proposed, because relatives of the newly-legalized will be admitted en masse without regard to the overall caps on immigration that would otherwise apply.

Attorney General Eric Holder addressed the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) Thursday, and included comments regarding the U.S. comprehensive immigration reform plan which most Americans do not agree with. Holder ignored inquiries concerning the effects on the economy, and how it will inevitably drive down the wages of unskilled and semiskilled labor, to the grave detriment of existing Americans who are already struggling to make a living. Holder exclaimed that amnesty is a "civil right," and is about who we are as a nation.

REPORT: Immigration bill to bring in at least 33 million people… Loopholes create fast-track | InvestmentWatch

Do We Want to Import 33 Million Mexicans? And If So, Why? | Power Line

NumbersUSA: Immigration bill to bring in at least 33 million | The Daily Caller

Holder: Amnesty is a ‘civil right’

Eric Holder: Amnesty for illegals is a civil right - BizPac Review
NumbersUSA is well known for their fantasy math and phony statistics. believe what you wish. Anti-immigrant groups are consistently wrong in thier assecessments.

Here's a tip: if you're getting your information for CIS, FAIR, NUMBERS USA, or VDEER...you're misinformed.

Have a nice. Happy Cinco de Mayo amigo.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 06:03 AM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8361
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Really? Not likely. Only in someone's imagination.
Please.....do you actually think that it is strictly out of compassion then? If it was out of compassion then they would have compassion for their fellow citizens who are having to bear the brunt of illegal immigration by enforcing our immigration laws instead of allowing these millions to remain here and compete for jobs and resources. I may be wrong but I think previously you yourself admitted that cheap labor and votes was the driving factor. The only way they can attain that is to replace the American worker with these foreigners and in turn will create more Democrat voters.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 06:09 AM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
NumbersUSA is well known for their fantasy math and phony statistics. believe what you wish. Anti-immigrant groups are consistently wrong in thier assecessments.

Here's a tip: if you're getting your information for CIS, FAIR, NUMBERS USA, or VDEER...you're misinformed.

Have a nice. Happy Cinco de Mayo amigo.
It's only fantasy math and phoney statistics to liberals and ethnocentrics who refuse to accept the facts that don't fit their agenda. NUMBERS nor CIS nor FAIR are anti-immigrant groups. They are anti-illegal immigration. Why do people like you continue to spin the truth and blur those lines? Desiring legal immgration in controlled numbers that we can absorb into our country without it negatively impacting our own citizens is not beiing anti-immigrant.

Happy Cinco de Mayo? Why the need to say that especially since it is a week away? Cinco de Mayo has nothing to do with this country's history.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 AM
 
Location: texas
9,138 posts, read 6,484,254 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's only fantasy math and phoney statistics to liberals and ethnocentrics who refuse to accept the facts that don't fit their agenda. NUMBERS nor CIS nor FAIR are anti-immigrant groups. They are anti-illegal immigration. Why do people like you continue to spin the truth and blur those lines? Desiring legal immgration in controlled numbers that we can absorb into our country without it negatively impacting our own citizens is not beiing anti-immigrant.

Happy Cinco de Mayo? Why the need to say that especially since it is a week away? Cinco de Mayo has nothing to do with this country's history.
where are your facts..where are the numbers? Dont have them cuz you cant calculate from an unknown. nice try amigo

Happy 5th of may...
 
Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 AM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
where are your facts..where are the numbers? Dont have them cuz you cant calculate from an unknown. nice try amigo

Happy 5th of may...
Projections are used all the time, how do you think that the "Health Care Bill" got its numbers from the CBO? We now know those numbers are, in fact, incorrect and estimated on the low side.

Sorry, sympathizer, your attempts are weak.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Sarasota FL
6,520 posts, read 8,605,050 times
Reputation: 6033
Why are people having a problem with basic math? If one potentially new 'citizen' will be permitted to have 'unification' with their mother, father, bother, sister, [that's 4 people], 11 million times 4 equals 44 million.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:08 PM
 
686 posts, read 923,956 times
Reputation: 283
USA is huge! It can easily accommodate these poor souls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top