U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 10:39 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times

Advertisements

+2 here as well...........

Old 11-04-2007, 10:45 AM

635 posts, read 1,560,205 times
[quote=nativeDallasite;1908155]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
Here's a thought....mow your lawn yourself if you can't afford to pay a legitimate landscaper.
When did I say I couldn't afford a legitimate landscaper? I never said I wanted a legitimate landscaper for my yard in the first place. I thought you weren't ever going to talk to me again, isn't that sweet you've had a change of heart. You found your Southern hospitality, see your not so much of a tough cowgirl as I thought you were.

This quote was actually from the Big D and not raelynn.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:17 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
[quote=nativeDallasite;1908963]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

Love the Cowboys.

Boo, go Raiders.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:19 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
[quote=ProLogic;1909717]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post

Boo, go Raiders.
Consider the source (ProLogic lives about 20 miles away from the Raiders )

Old 11-04-2007, 11:23 AM

Golden State Warriors suck, go Kings.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:48 PM

447 posts, read 706,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
We are both entitled to our opinions. Yes i honestly felt that you were personally attacking me. Maybe I did read to much into your reply. I do employ an illegal but in some way or another you do as well. By going to places that employ illegals such as mcdonalds, mexican resturants, grocery stores, malls,etc. by you spending your money there you are providing their paycheck. I am sorry about what happened to your husband and I'm gald the man was caught. Please accept my apology because to begin with all i wanted was to get my feelings off my chest. These things are not to attack other people or shouldn't be atleast they are for people to share their opinions even if its not the same as the other persons. It's obvious that i am pro-illegal and you are anti-illegal but in some ways i do agree with you. So once again I am sorry for getting out of hand in the matter.

raelynn:
i appreciate your apology, and would like to say, that i do respect your opinion and your right to voice them.that's what so many americans have died to give you.
i would alos like to add one thing, in the big scheme of things , the people (big business and government) who employ illegals or do nothing to enforce our immigration laws are the real culprits.
small people who employ them are just a smaller part of the problem, but still, they are part of the problem.
victims of violent crimes committed by some of these illegals are getting angry that justice isnt being served.
america is a good country, and i love her, but when you are kicked in the teeth by your own government, and the people who are elected to protect our constitution and our lives and are failing to fullfill their oathes, and people who are pro illegal try to make us feel as if we have no right to feel the way we do.... i do get more than a little defensive.
maybe instead of having so much sympathy for people who refuse to respect or follow our laws in the first place, and then some who committ violent or non violent crimes after coming here illegal , you should stop and think of your fellow americans who are the victims of these people.
anyway....peace be with you.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
The problem with enforcing these type of laws is that they can prove that they can work by using stolen SS cards. Then the employer can claim if they were legitmite and they are not responsible.

"stolen s.s. cards"
come on prologic...dont you get the logic on these words?

Old 11-04-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
It's not the employer's fault for hiring illegals, the United States does not have enough people who will voluntarily do construction, pick fruit, clean houses, be cooks, hotel employees, do factory work, wash cars. The employer needs money to support his or her family, he can't worry about legality of his employees, because there will definently be a shortage of workers. No one wants forty hours of week of labor and $6-10 depending on your state, except for illegal immigrants. You can't prove me otherwise.
i work for 7.50 an hour doing convienence store work....isnt this proof enough?
my son works in a sheetmetal warehouse for 8 bucks and hour...my sister works at a convienince store for 8 bucks an hour...i have worked as a maid in a htel for 6.50 an hour, a home healthcare companion for 7 an hour and in a hobby store for 7 bucks an hour.......what kind of proof do you really need?
do you really beleive that americans are so full of themselves that they refuse to work under 10 dollars an hour or work in hard construction jobs etc...........get real...alot of americans are doing these jobs and by people employing illegals for less money , the jobs you speak of arent always available for the american at all...

Old 11-04-2007, 02:06 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,347,231 times
I have been at the same job for over 7 years and I STILL don't make 10 bucks an hour, and I make more than my husband does! So it's pretty hard to convince me that American's won't work for less than 10 bucks an hour.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I have been at the same job for over 7 years and I STILL don't make 10 bucks an hour, and I make more than my husband does! So it's pretty hard to convince me that American's won't work for less than 10 bucks an hour.

You should go work at in-and-out over here in the Bay. You make $9.25 an hour with benefits, 401k, health insurance and free food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or