U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,172,922 times
Reputation: 138

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I would fire him. Illegal is illegal. Get a legal American or resident to mow your lawn or do it yourself. By supporting an illegal you're part of the problem IMHO.
I don't think its fair to say that. He was brought by his parents to the U.S and can't leave or he will probably never get to see his parents again. I don't think he will remain illegal throughout his whole life though.

 
Old 11-05-2007, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,711,099 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Are you saying Mexicans in general or illegal immigrants? Thats like saying "White people go back to Europe and use your skills there".
I believe that RedNC was referring to Paisanos; not Americans whose heritage was Mexican.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,956,936 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
ok did you ever think if i cant afford a lawn service how in the hell am i going to buy a riding lawn mower!! are you serious.
I believe you said you paid 50 per week? You can buy a low end cub cadet for about 39.00 per week.
A self propelled walk behind for about 250.00 total.
make friends with some legal neighbors and hire one of their kids.
I am sure the illegal kid is a nice guy. Its not personal but he is also a criminal and you are also by being a willing partner in his crime.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,172,922 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I believe you said you paid 50 per week? You can buy a low end cub cadet for about 39.00 per week.
A self propelled walk behind for about 250.00 total.
make friends with some legal neighbors and hire one of their kids.
I am sure the illegal kid is a nice guy. Its not personal but he is also a criminal and you are also by being a willing partner in his crime.
Being an illegal immigrant is not a criminal offense. It's merely a civil offense. It's not the kids fault he is illegal.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 PM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,495,654 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Being an illegal immigrant is not a criminal offense. It's merely a civil offense. It's not the kids fault he is illegal.
If they were ever deported and came back it's a criminal offense.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 09:21 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,172,922 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
If they were ever deported and came back it's a criminal offense.
There is no proof of that in his situation.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 PM
 
43 posts, read 81,130 times
Reputation: 12
prologic thanks for some what supporting how i feel. im not saying that you are supporting everything i say. you have a lot of good points i appreciate it.
 
Old 11-06-2007, 06:20 AM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,816,436 times
Reputation: 4446
illegal immigration supporters think that they have a lock on compassion. all of this talk about compassion, i guess it is just who do you choose to be compassionate for. my sympathy lies with the american workers who are being squeezed by the illegals.
 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:03 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,649,429 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
illegal immigration supporters think that they have a lock on compassion. all of this talk about compassion, i guess it is just who do you choose to be compassionate for. my sympathy lies with the american workers who are being squeezed by the illegals.
A profound truth I've noticed in ALL social issues. You can get more and more compassionate, but at some point, you're going to be getting "uncompassionate" to someone else. It's all right to be kind to the losers (in the schoolroom, in the soccer game, in the workplace, in society)--but sooner or later, too much compassion begins to "take away" from the winners. Spend to much time "paying attention" to the class cut-up, and you begin to neglect the "A"-students....
 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,104 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Their ILLEGAL. Cudos to the people of OK for creating law that enforces what's already on the books, ILLEGAL ALIENS are ILLEGAL.
and their legal anchor babies are legal. guess you have no problem with them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top