U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
some of us understand our own points, and do not need to meet your standards to validate it.
I'd say you're right. Virtually everybody on this forum understands his own point. It's nice, though, when we can make our point understandable to at least a few of the other readers of the forum.

 
Old 11-06-2007, 02:44 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'd say you're right. Virtually everybody on this forum understands his own point. It's nice, though, when we can make our point understandable to at least a few of the other readers of the forum.
its hard when people refuse to listen to reason. even when you spell it out.
 
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22524
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
this is grammar, not fact-checking. and your grammar is very deceptive through generalizations.
Can you please define deceptive grammar? I must have missed that day at school.
 
Old 11-06-2007, 02:56 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Can you please define deceptive grammar? I must have missed that day at school.
I had a deceptive grammar. She'd play tricks on all her grandchildren. But we enjoyed it, and we didn't mind being decepted.....
 
Old 11-06-2007, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
its hard when people refuse to listen to reason. even when you spell it out.
What if your reason is unreasonable? What if your reason undermines the rights of legals?
Ghost I respect your sense of compassion and fair play. I just can't agree with your reasoning. As a vet, as a citizen my reasoning tells me to take care of all legal americans first. Once acheived try to help others.
As for immigration. Whats been fair and reasonable for those who have choosen to obey our laws is a standard thats fair for all. For those who would make lame excuses not to obey the law I think their attitudes speak for why they should not be allowed to stay, or receive a free pass.
 
Old 11-06-2007, 03:06 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Can you please define deceptive grammar? I must have missed that day at school.
example: white people are all over america. they have pickup trucks and confederate flags all over their stuff.

it makes it sound like all white people have pickup trucks with confederate flags. this is untrue. a non-deceptive way to say it would have been:

white people are all over america. some have pickup trucks....
 
Old 11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What if your reason is unreasonable? What if your reason undermines the rights of legals?
Ghost I respect your sense of compassion and fair play. I just can't agree with your reasoning. As a vet, as a citizen my reasoning tells me to take care of all legal americans first. Once acheived try to help others.
As for immigration. Whats been fair and reasonable for those who have choosen to obey our laws is a standard thats fair for all. For those who would make lame excuses not to obey the law I think their attitudes speak for why they should not be allowed to stay, or receive a free pass.
you can take care of both. this mutually exclusive thinking is unreasonable.
 
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22524
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I had a deceptive grammar. She'd play tricks on all her grandchildren. But we enjoyed it, and we didn't mind being decepted.....
Note to self: do not read macmeal's posts and drink water at the same time...
 
Old 11-06-2007, 03:16 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22524
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you can take care of both. this mutually exclusive thinking is unreasonable.
With that rationale, why stop there? Why not designate the taxpayers of America as the supporters of the whole world? Why treat the downtrodden who come here illegally any better than the ones who can't, because they don't share a border? Why not feed all the hungry people in North Korea and Africa? Why not provide hospital facilities to women in every corner of the earth to deliver their children in? Come on Ghost, surely you aren't prejudiced against the downtrodden and poor of other nations vs. those south of our border? Who is going to help the others?
 
Old 11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22524
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
example: white people are all over america. they have pickup trucks and confederate flags all over their stuff.

it makes it sound like all white people have pickup trucks with confederate flags. this is untrue. a non-deceptive way to say it would have been:

white people are all over america. some have pickup trucks....
The comparison you presented is poor, and has nothing to do with grammar. Please try again. But it certainly does give us all some insight into the workings of your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top