U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 12:15 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,720,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This is a historic point in the life of this forum. GHOST, I don't believe I've ever seen anyone cause you to just "give up" like this....Surely, there's something you can say in rebuttal....are you OK?...
Oh, Macmeal, Macmeal!

Old 11-07-2007, 12:20 PM

17,286 posts, read 25,015,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Madam, Pardon me if you haven't the skills to mow a lawn, but that is hardly a reason to allow someone to migrate illegally into this country. And regarding your claim that there will be no one to build houses in Oklahoma or elsewhere if we enforce these laws??!! Please! Here in California, illegal day workers have practically decimated the non-union construction industry. There are plenty of people willing to take these jobs.

Hmmm... what was it one of the posters on this forum once said...?

Oh yeah. Maybe Americans who want, enjoy, or need those construction jobs should be thankful for the opportunity that non-unionized, dirt cheap blue collar labor has done for them. Now they can enter into a "technically esoteric" profession!!

See, a silver lining on every dust cloud!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM

447 posts, read 706,881 times
[quote=Kele;1912852]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post

I am sure that you are a nice person vivski, and I mean no disrespect to you or any other fair minded Raider fans, but I've been pushed and shoved by male Raider fans at Charger stadium (I am a female) and threatened with my life at the Raider stadium when I went to support my team. One guy threatened to "rip my Charger's jersey off my body and feed it to me in very small pieces." I think that moves a bit beyond standard rudeness.

Unfortunately, my team seems to be falling apart in the clinch. The worst thing Charger management ever did was to get rid of Marty. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

sorry kele, for the event you are speaking of...i wish people werent so mean sometimes, but i guess it's a sign of the times.
very very sad.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:19 PM

[quote=ProLogic;1913846]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

Hmm.. people are getting mad at me for having a "back up" citizenship with Mexico. Same principles.. choose a damn team or choose a damn country. But I still prefer both

sometimes, prologic i just dont think you get it.
there is nothing wrong with having a back up football team and noooo it is not the same principle aas having "backup" citizenship as you call it....maybe you should pick a team.
sorry , i call it as i see it.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:24 PM

[quote=raelynn;1914162]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post

Did you ever think that I may not be able to physically mow my own lawn?? When I was in high school I was a hurdler in track. During a meet a the jumper next to me jumped on the opposite foot as i did. After jumping to hurdles she caught my foot and when I fell i busted my knee to hell and had to have many extensive and long surgeries to get what I have now. So I can not mow my own lawn for that reason.

i think alot of this is sometimes in the head, not with the body.
my husband who suffered from a dislocated hip, a shattered leg, a broken nose, a broken thumb, acl damage to both knees, and both elbows works a 40 + hour job in the sheetmetal industry, and does yard work to boot.
he says it's miond over matter...and btw..his leg has never healed.
he walks around everyday with a seperation to his fibula of about one inch...so esentially, he walks around on a broken leg...imo this is an excuse.
sorry, if you dont like my response.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
I'm glad that you accept. I'm not sure if it was you who had commented but Yes for the record I am a natural born american citizen. I love my country but with my youth if you dont mind me using your words I look to the leaders of my country. When the government and people who are elected to lead her have shown me all this time that illegal immigration is not really ok persay but they let it slide. They protect them and do what they can for them its hard to against them when the leaders that im supposed to look up to make me feel like its ok for them to be here. Until now no one has really said that illegals being here is really a bad thing. So that has some play into why i am pro-illegal. I do feel for americans who have been victimized by illegals but I just cant help to think about the americans who have been victimized by their fellow americans. Below is a link to another thread post that I just thought was interesting.

Disgusting experience in an immigation line..

remember not all of the officials of this country are pro illegal, some are actually fighting for immigration to be enforced...maybe you should hear or read what they have to say on the issue.
and again, this is not a forum about americans hurting americans, this is a forum on illegal immigration........please remember that.
peace be with you.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
What about the lives of the people that were born and raised here all of their lives, and the duty of the government to protect those lives? You talk about opinions but opinions are often turned into laws, as evidenced by the law in Oklahoma. And I realize that the pro-illegal crowd will try and usurp that law in the courts as soon as possible.

We have laws, and laws cannot be ignored. They have been ignored for too long and look at the situation it has gotten us into.

The pro-illegal crowd can argue all day until they are blue in the face and all it does is reinforce many people's belief that this has to end, and end now. The ball has begun to roll, and it is gathering steam.

amen to that...totally agreed.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Under the US Constitution and US legal tradition, retroactive law is impermissible, I tend to think we are breaking some traditions in America.

the laws are in place, just because no-one has enforced them does not make them unenforcebale, for the future, for the present or retroactive.
wwe've been through this before mach50 thunderdart, and unless one of these illegals hurts, kills or maims one of yours, you will never understand our anger.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
some of us understand our own points, and do not need to meet your standards to validate it.

does moderator mean anything ?
i personally think synopisis has very good points and applaud his/ her effort.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you can take care of both. this mutually exclusive thinking is unreasonable.
this is not unreasonable...as the wife of a victim of a violent crime committed by an illegal i expect my governmet to protect us..... all americans first, then worry about who we can help next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or