U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:51 PM

43 posts, read 80,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
remember not all of the officials of this country are pro illegal, some are actually fighting for immigration to be enforced...maybe you should hear or read what they have to say on the issue.
and again, this is not a forum about americans hurting americans, this is a forum on illegal immigration........please remember that.
peace be with you.
but for years they've acted as if it was ok. ive grown up with illegal immigration not really being ok but it was excepted by everyone that is what im talking about. yes NOW they are fighting for the laws to be enforced but then they acted as if it was ok. And as far as americans hurting americans are you saying its ok for americans to hurt another american but if an illegal hurts an american **** is gunna hit the fan. We shouldnt say its ok either way.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:33 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
but for years they've acted as if it was ok. ive grown up with illegal immigration not really being ok but it was excepted by everyone that is what im talking about. yes NOW they are fighting for the laws to be enforced but then they acted as if it was ok. And as far as americans hurting americans are you saying its ok for americans to hurt another american but if an illegal hurts an american **** is gunna hit the fan. We shouldnt say its ok either way.
Not so many years ago; there were relatively few illegal immigrants here in the USA-------well, the 'tipping point' has been reached and it is time for them to go.

Yes; being here illegally by itself is a minor crime-----couple that with fraud (working under the table for large amounts of cash, false SS numbers, etc.), drinking and driving, no driver licenses, no insurance, and so on-------the crimes start adding up fast.

Most of the illegals are here for economic reasons------they are not political refugees.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Hurting, killing and maiming will occur with or without illegals.
Do you have any idea just how silly this sounds? The poster did not say ONLY illegals hurt, kill and maim. Do you think we are all brain dead? The point is you have control or should have control of people here illegally. No illegals should be here, including those that hurt, kill and maim our citizens. A report I heard a few weeks ago estimated 10,000 US citizens were killed last year at the hands of illegal aliens alone. Can you still justify the insane notion that the borders should not be closed? 10,000 of our fellow Americans would be alive today had the borders been secured. Who knows how many more will die before we get control of this illegal alien farse.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:14 AM

402 posts, read 938,169 times
Quote:
A report I heard a few weeks ago estimated 10,000 US citizens were killed last year at the hands of illegal aliens alone. Can you still justify the insane notion that the borders should not be closed? 10,000 of our fellow Americans would be alive today had the borders been secured. Who knows how many more will die before we get control of this illegal alien farse.
I didn't realize the Numbers of dead were so high, but it does not surprise me. Do you know of a link where there is a break down of which nationalities who are here illegally commited these crimes?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:59 AM

13,755 posts, read 23,217,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Do you have any idea just how silly this sounds? The poster did not say ONLY illegals hurt, kill and maim. Do you think we are all brain dead? The point is you have control or should have control of people here illegally. No illegals should be here, including those that hurt, kill and maim our citizens. A report I heard a few weeks ago estimated 10,000 US citizens were killed last year at the hands of illegal aliens alone. Can you still justify the insane notion that the borders should not be closed? 10,000 of our fellow Americans would be alive today had the borders been secured. Who knows how many more will die before we get control of this illegal alien farse.
I absolutely, positively, beyond any shadow of a doubt, challenge the statement that 10,000 US citizens were killed by illegal aliens last year. According to the most recent FBI statistics I could find (from a GENUINE FBI site, not a blog citing unsupported stats) the total number overall was a little over 15,000 murders for an entire year:

Table 16 - Crime in the United States 2005 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/data/table_16.html - broken link)

Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I absolutely, positively, beyond any shadow of a doubt, challenge the statement that 10,000 US citizens were killed by illegal aliens last year. According to the most recent FBI statistics I could find (from a GENUINE FBI site, not a blog citing unsupported stats) the total number overall was a little over 15,000 murders for an entire year:

Table 16 - Crime in the United States 2005 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/data/table_16.html - broken link)
I would say that even if the actual number was 1 murder that would be grounds to round them all up and deport them. 1 victim of murder + how many victims of robbery+ identity theft+ jobs lost due to illegals working cheaper than americans who pay taxes can afford.... Round them up deport them. To be fair show them how to fill out the forms to do it legally and allow to reenter the right way. But deport them first.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:42 AM

635 posts, read 1,559,714 times
[quote;1942489]
Yes; being here illegally by itself is a minor crime-----couple that with fraud (working under the table for large amounts of cash, false SS numbers, etc.), drinking and driving, no driver licenses, no insurance, and so on-------the crimes start adding up fast.
.[/quote]

Don't you think illegal immigrants would get real a Social Security number, and attempt to get drives licences and insurance if they were able to? Illegal immigrants breaking these laws is a domino effect when they cross the border illegally.

BTW, I have had plenty of friends who have driven drunk, it's not an illegal immigrant only club.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
[quote;1942489]
Don't you think illegal immigrants would get real a Social Security number, and attempt to get drives licences and insurance if they were able to? Illegal immigrants breaking these laws is a domino effect when they cross the border illegally.

BTW, I have had plenty of friends who have driven drunk, it's not an illegal immigrant only club.[/quote]

I fail to see where anyone indicated exclusivity.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:51 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

BTW, I have had plenty of friends who have driven drunk, it's not an illegal immigrant only club.
I fail to see where anyone indicated exclusivity.[/quote]
Perhaps if they had not chosen to break the original laws they wouldn't be in a situation where they need to become criminals...
Sort of like a lie. 1 lie leads to another etc. They made the bad choice, they should be held accountable for all their actions which follow.
Your analogy is faulty. Its like saying if banks simply gave away the money then no one would be forced to rob them, then be forced to flee the police, then be forced into a shoot out. All could have been avoided if only the banks had been more reasonable. And yes this applies because illegals steal from the USA in more ways than can be counted.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Perhaps if they had not chosen to break the original laws they wouldn't be in a situation where they need to become criminals...
Sort of like a lie. 1 lie leads to another etc. They made the bad choice, they should be held accountable for all their actions which follow.
Your analogy is faulty. Its like saying if banks simply gave away the money then no one would be forced to rob them, then be forced to flee the police, then be forced into a shoot out. All could have been avoided if only the banks had been more reasonable. And yes this applies because illegals steal from the USA in more ways than can be counted.
'I fail to see where anyone indicated exclusivity.'

That one line was my response to Jesusislord, where they quoted "BTW, I have had plenty of friends who have driven drunk, it's not an illegal immigrant only club."

FYI I wasn't making an analogy. I was responding to JIL's comment about drunk drivers not only being illegal immigrants.

No one said that drunk drivers were exclusively illegals, that was the point I was making. Just because others do it, doesn't make it less of a crime. I hope I have succeeded in unconfusing you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or