U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2007, 02:32 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times

Advertisements

Is the Oklahoma law working and do you think it will stand the test of the liberal judges? And to be honest I have not read it. Anyone have a link to it ?

Old 11-08-2007, 03:06 PM

640 posts, read 336,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
How do you determine what is considered a happy country and where did you find that stat? The truth is there's a very wealthy class in Mexico, and an extremely large poor class in Mexico. Obviously the poor people are going to immigrate, and the rich for the most part will stay. I don't see your point on a country being overall happy in its regard to immigration.
See post #3 ~ provided by a person listed as living in San Francisco, CA.

The link provided in post #3 is Countries Listed in HPI order (http://www.happyplanetindex.org/list.htm - broken link)

I was replying to that post; challenging it myself.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:10 PM

640 posts, read 336,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Is the Oklahoma law working and do you think it will stand the test of the liberal judges? And to be honest I have not read it. Anyone have a link to it ?
Here's the link: STATE OF OKLAHOMA (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:z8cEmsgAgtoJ:webserver1.lsb.state.o k.us/2007-08SB/SB417_int.rtf+Oklahoma+Taxpayer+and+Citizen+Protec tion+Act+of+2007&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=f irefox-a - broken link)

Old 11-08-2007, 05:01 PM

447 posts, read 705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Once again, I'll try to point out the basic way we're "skirting the issue" here. Of COURSE most illegals aren't violent criminals---of COURSE they're basically "good" people in bad circumstances. But, ignoring the fact for a moment that they've violated the law to get here, the issue of more serious crime is still not being addressed truthfully.

"Illegal crime" and "domestic crime" are two separate issues, as I've said before. "Domestic" crime is a "given". We're stuck with "our" home-grown "bad boys" and have no choice but to deal with them. (Great Britain once shipped THEIRS off to Australia, but that option is now closed.)

Illegal alien criminals are somebody ELSE'S "bad boys". Their crimes wouldn't happen here at all, if they weren't here---and that's a fact. It has nothing to do with racism, or xenophobia, or "meannness"..it's even possible that the illegal population has a LOWER rate of violent crime than some segments of the AMERICAN population....none of this changes the fact that illegals aren't supposed to BE HERE, and if they weren't here, none of them would be committing any crimes here.

If the members of an exclusive, expensive country club are found to be abusing the club facilities, that's one thing. If NON-MEMBERS are coming in off the street, uninvited, and abusing the facilities, that's an entirely separate issue.

If you have a set of rowdy children, and they beat up your house, that's one thing. If the rowdy NEIGHBOR kid comes over and beats up your house, that's an entirely different matter.
Few people would have any difficulty understanding this concept if it happened to them in their personal life-- but when it's affecting a whole society, somehow we don't see the connection..

thank you macmeal...i couldnt have said it better...you have heard our story in the past, and i thank you for understanding.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:18 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Quote:
This is a historic point in the life of this forum. GHOST, I don't believe I've ever seen anyone cause you to just "give up" like this....Surely, there's something you can say in rebuttal....are you OK?...
it's like trying to convince someone water is wet. if they dont have the capacity to understand, and just argue regardless, then at that point it is a waste of energy to try and convince them otherwise. you just figure theyre dumb and work with that.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:21 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
it's like trying to convince someone water is wet. if they dont have the capacity to understand, and just argue regardless, then at that point it is a waste of energy to try and convince them otherwise. you just figure theyre dumb and work with that.
I think many on the opposite side of your views would say the same GHOST.

I don't think (actually, I know) any of use are going to change each other's views on this issue. It's pretty much a place to vent or just air an opinion, no matter what side you are on.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

I don't think (actually, I know) any of use are going to change each other's views on this issue. It's pretty much a place to vent or just air an opinion, no matter what side you are on.
at least i can back up what i say, if it doesnt follow logic and reason already. i continually ask for sources for the information shared here (and believed by the anti-humanitarians), and get next to nothing, and what i usually get is blog "facts" with no original source.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Once again, I'll try to point out the basic way we're "skirting the issue" here. Of COURSE most illegals aren't violent criminals---of COURSE they're basically "good" people in bad circumstances. But, ignoring the fact for a moment that they've violated the law to get here, the issue of more serious crime is still not being addressed truthfully.
thank you for pointing out what most of the anti-humanitarians on this board are failing to realize. good people in bad circumstances.

Quote:
"Illegal crime" and "domestic crime" are two separate issues, as I've said before. "Domestic" crime is a "given". We're stuck with "our" home-grown "bad boys" and have no choice but to deal with them. (Great Britain once shipped THEIRS off to Australia, but that option is now closed.)
domestic crime is all crime that occurs within the united states. all the benefits that illegals provide are rarely isolated into their own group. why should the negative be separated and highlighted?

Quote:
Illegal alien criminals are somebody ELSE'S "bad boys". Their crimes wouldn't happen here at all, if they weren't here---and that's a fact. It has nothing to do with racism, or xenophobia, or "meannness"..it's even possible that the illegal population has a LOWER rate of violent crime than some segments of the AMERICAN population....none of this changes the fact that illegals aren't supposed to BE HERE, and if they weren't here, none of them would be committing any crimes here.
but with every group of people, we get some criminals. of course you could say there would be no crime from them if they weren't here.. but thats true of all people. at what point do we actually exile a whole group of people to weed out a few criminals amongst them?

Quote:
If the members of an exclusive, expensive country club are found to be abusing the club facilities, that's one thing. If NON-MEMBERS are coming in off the street, uninvited, and abusing the facilities, that's an entirely separate issue.
bad analogy. this is tantamount to implying that the citizens of the united states are the only ones paying into the system, and none of them are abusing facilities.

Quote:
If you have a set of rowdy children, and they beat up your house, that's one thing. If the rowdy NEIGHBOR kid comes over and beats up your house, that's an entirely different matter.
bad analogy. public vs private property.

Quote:
Few people would have any difficulty understanding this concept if it happened to them in their personal life-- but when it's affecting a whole society, somehow we don't see the connection..
personal life and society are two very different things. you can run around naked and drunk in your house. does that mean youd do it in a social setting?

Old 11-08-2007, 05:30 PM

402 posts, read 938,169 times
Quote:

Exactly, Synopsis.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
This was in Feb 2007.

More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war, study says (OneNewsNow.com) (broken link)

More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war, study says -- GOPUSA (http://www.gopusa.com/news/2007/february/0222_illegals_report.shtml - broken link)

Illegal aliens are killing more Americans than the Iraq war, says a new report from Family Security Matters that estimates some 2,158 murders are committed every year by illegal aliens in the U.S. The group says that number is more than 15 percent of all the murders reported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the U.S. and about three times the representation of illegal aliens in the general population.

Those Who Hire Illegal Aliens Cause Americans 9,125 Deaths Annually
By Frosty Wooldridge (08/14/06)

Iowa's United States Congressman Steve King told a crowd in Des Moines in June, "Illegal aliens cause the death of 25 American citizens every day...13 by drunken driving and 12 by stabbings or gun fire."

That daily figure adds up to 9,125 deaths annually caused primarily by illegal alien Mexicans residing in America.
Mike Rosen, radio talk show host in Denver, said it wasn’t significant when you consider our country of 300 million. A listener corrected him, “It’s not significant unless it’s your father or family member who gets killed.”

More sobering, almost eight times as many deaths of civilian Americans have occurred in our own country in three years than deaths to our soldiers in the Iraq and Afghanistan war zones.
It’s safer in a war zone than on our own highways and in our own homes in America.
At the same time, South Koreans are safer in their own homes with 37,000 American troops guarding their border from North Korea for the past 40 years--with our troops and tax dollars--than we are in our own country.

Why do Americans suffer this kind of carnage in their own nation? Who is to blame? Why would any American knowingly do this to his own country, to his own neighbors?

Those Who Hire Illegal Aliens Cause Americans 9,125 Deaths Annually - Frosty Wooldridge - Aug 14, 06

This article is long.
25 americans killed by illegals = .0000008% of the population daily (based off a 300,000,000 US population count)

approx. 2 americans killed in the iraq war daily (using a 60/month average from icasualties.org) = .00001% (based of 146,000 count from US and Coalition Troops in Iraq - April 2007)

so in actuality, the iraq war is killing 125x more americans, based on a percentage scale. and that in not inclusive of foreign civilians.

funny how when you break down the numbers, the article is obviously deceptive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or