U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 PM
 
Location: NM
402 posts, read 938,169 times
Reputation: 206

Advertisements

Quote:
Ghost said ...it's like trying to convince someone water is wet. if they dont have the c you just figure theyre dumb and work with that. apacity to understand, and just argue regardless, then at that point it is a waste of energy to try and convince them otherwise.
Quote:
And Ghost also said..... at least i can back up what i say, if it doesnt follow logic and reason already. i continually ask for sources for the information shared here (and believed by the anti-humanitarians), and get next to nothing, and what i usually get is blog "facts" with no original source

Getting in a few barbs there I see.

Seems Synopsis post bares repeating.
Quote:
I think many on the opposite side of your views would say the same GHOST.

I don't think (actually, I know) any of use are going to change each other's views on this issue. It's pretty much a place to vent or just air an opinion, no matter what side you are on.

.

 
Old 11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
Getting in a few barbs there I see.

Seems Synopsis post bares repeating.
.
i think calling them anti-humanitarians is accurate. humanitarians would not oppress a group of unfortunate people to substantiate their own luxurious way of life.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i think calling them anti-humanitarians is accurate. humanitarians would not oppress a group of unfortunate people to substantiate their own luxurious way of life.
Funny...that's exactly what the pro-illegals are doing.

You say they do the jobs we won't do and we'll have "economic chaos" if they leave....it sounds like the pro-illegals are the ones wanting to keep them in those *****ty paying jobs, living 20 to an apartment.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 06:06 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Funny...that's exactly what the pro-illegals are doing.
how so? are you implying that the average american citizen is in more dire straits than someone from mexico?

Quote:
You say they do the jobs we won't do and we'll have "economic chaos" if they leave....it sounds like the pro-illegals are the ones wanting to keep them in those *****ty paying jobs, living 20 to an apartment.
i didnt say any of that. i think that if we fixed the housing market, and the value of the dollar, in addition to giving illegals a shot at proper education, we wouldnt have anybody, citizen or immigrant, living 20 to an apartment. it is easy to ignore our own government's contributions to our lowered standard of living.. which is sad, because they are the main contributers. the illegal immigrant theory is just another boogieman, like terrorism, or communism, or anything else.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 08:43 PM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 705,921 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i think calling them anti-humanitarians is accurate. humanitarians would not oppress a group of unfortunate people to substantiate their own luxurious way of life.

yup...you figured me out, ghost......in fact i am a multi millionaire...i own a 37 room mansion with 23 bathrooms, i do not work, cannot make coffe...nor can i understand th eword humanitarism...................................not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
my life is not a life of "luxury" everything i have i worked MOD CUT for, and so did my husband...you just dont seem to get it.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-09-2007 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: language
 
Old 11-08-2007, 08:51 PM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 705,921 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
how so? are you implying that the average american citizen is in more dire straits than someone from mexico?



i didnt say any of that. i think that if we fixed the housing market, and the value of the dollar, in addition to giving illegals a shot at proper education, we wouldnt have anybody, citizen or immigrant, living 20 to an apartment. it is easy to ignore our own government's contributions to our lowered standard of living.. which is sad, because they are the main contributers. the illegal immigrant theory is just another boogieman, like terrorism, or communism, or anything else.






ok...........now you have me boiling.......as for the "evil" bushmans no child left behind....there is no illegal child left uneducated...thank you mr and mrs taxpayer...yet if my child shows a lack of acheivemnet, the teachers ignore him and allow him to fail.
dont even go into this issue with me..because i do have first hand experience on this..........and terrorism has been an issue..you with your blinders on, may dispute , if you like....but if my memory serves, the men who hijacked those planes on 9-11 first came here legally, then allowed their visas to expire(thus making them illegal immigrants....) are not terrorists in your eyes? why dont you simply spit on my nephew, who is in the army national gaurd, and served time in arizona on the border getting shot at by mexican citizens, and bottles thrown at, now serving a tour of duty in afghanistan??????
you simply dont get it.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 09:08 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
yup...you figured me out, ghost......in fact i am a multi millionaire...i own a 37 room mansion with 23 bathrooms, i do not work, cannot make coffe...nor can i understand th eword humanitarism...................................not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
my life is not a life of "luxury" everything i have i worked for, and so did my husband...you just dont seem to get it.
you have at least 1 tv (probably), a computer with internet access, clothing in a style you like, a car (probably), hot water, plumbing, electricity, hygiene products, etc.

some would consider that luxurious. other countries are full of people who have worked harder than you but have less to show for it.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-09-2007 at 09:48 AM..
 
Old 11-08-2007, 09:15 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you have at least 1 tv (probably), a computer with internet access, clothing in a style you like, a car (probably), hot water, plumbing, electricity, hygiene products, etc.

some would consider that luxurious. other countries are full of people who have worked harder than you but have less to show for it.
Yep-- that is why we should all be thankful what we have. Even if its not much.
 
Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
all the benefits that illegals provide........
What benefits to illegals provide to our country???? Please, explain them all to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost
how so? are you implying that the average american citizen is in more dire straits than someone from mexico?
So are you saying that are responsibilty should be first to those of Mexico, and not to the American people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost
i think calling them anti-humanitarians is accurate. humanitarians would not oppress a group of unfortunate people to substantiate their own luxurious way of life.
Wow, this is rich. Now what are you doing to help those who live in much worse conditions in Africa, China, India, Tibet, Russia, etc.????? Are you fighting to help those people? Are you fighting to let them live here with the benefits of a Mexican illegal? Or are you biased to those less fortunate in Mexico? Until then maybe you should call yourself a "Selective Humanitarian".
 
Old 11-08-2007, 09:52 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
ok...........now you have me boiling.......as for the "evil" bushmans no child left behind....there is no illegal child left uneducated...thank you mr and mrs taxpayer...yet if my child shows a lack of acheivemnet, the teachers ignore him and allow him to fail.
dont even go into this issue with me..because i do have first hand experience on this..........
i dont support no child left behind. when did i say i did?

Quote:
and terrorism has been an issue..you with your blinders on, may dispute , if you like....but if my memory serves, the men who hijacked those planes on 9-11 first came here legally, then allowed their visas to expire(thus making them illegal immigrants....) are not terrorists in your eyes?
so 19 out of 7-20,000,000 are terrorists. and you consider that a problem?

Quote:
why dont you simply spit on my nephew, who is in the army national gaurd, and served time in arizona on the border getting shot at by mexican citizens, and bottles thrown at, now serving a tour of duty in afghanistan??????
you simply dont get it.

so your beef is with mexican citizens? i dont get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top