U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 08:38 AM

394 posts, read 897,163 times

Advertisements

[quote=nativeDallasite;1908963]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

Love the Cowboys.
hey now, let's not drag those GODAWFUL cowboys into this!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:50 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,492,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you have at least 1 tv (probably), a computer with internet access, clothing in a style you like, a car (probably), hot water, plumbing, electricity, hygiene products, etc.

some would consider that luxurious. other countries are full of people who have worked harder than you but have less to show for it.
Scraping the bottom of the barrel are you.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:55 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,492,047 times
Quote:
point is, you have a lot more luxuries than people from other countries, who have worked just as hard, if not harder, than you, yet have less to show for it.

you are FORTUNATE to be born in america and be able to live such a lavish lifestyle (based on a global scale). why are you so reluctant to share your fortune? why hoarde it? sharing is something we were supposed to learn in kindergarten.
No one gave ma a D##m thing and I'm D##m sure not giving it away to someone from another country...You feel free to do so if that's what you want to, but I'll keep mine that I earned from doing some ot those jobs that Americans wont so.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:41 AM

394 posts, read 897,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Mexico is in a war within itself. It's fighting corruption.
yes and it has been corrupt for CENTURIES!!!! ultimately a government is a reflection of it's people. it's time the mexican people STAYED HOME and started DEMANDING change from it's ever broken government

Old 11-09-2007, 10:47 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,391,056 times
Quote:
you have at least 1 tv (probably), a computer with internet access, clothing in a style you like, a car (probably), hot water, plumbing, electricity, hygiene products, etc.

some would consider that luxurious. other countries are full of people who have worked harder than you but have less to show for it.
I could care less what those in other countries "have". Frankly, I focus more on what "OUR" countrymen have -

Old 11-09-2007, 10:59 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
i would like to know someones personal experience with an illegal. not their husbands, sisters, friends of a friends really your personal experience with an illegal. People say that they are horrible killers, drunks, murders, and rapists. I havent met one yet im not saying they are not out there but really i want to hear some personal experience face to face with an illegal. What did you honestly think? And what if you had come in contact with an illegal and you didnt even know it??
I once saw a guy at a bus stop whom I SUSPECT may have been a wife-beater...he just had that look about him. Our eyes met briefly, and I turned away, not wanting to seem "nosy". But I could bet MONEY the guy beats his wife.
We went our separate ways, and to this day, I can't be certain. He may be a very good-natured guy much of the time, when he's not beating his wife. He may be a good neighbor...in fact, he MAY not even BE a wife-beater...and, in fact, I can't personally swear that there are ANY wife-beaters in the USA. My information only comes second-hand.....I'm a male, so I'll never be a wife at all, so I guess it's really none of my business.
Good point....

Old 11-09-2007, 12:27 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,811,188 times
"sharing is something we were supposed to learn in kindergarten"

Now I've heard it all.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:41 PM

1,510 posts, read 711,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Scraping the bottom of the barrel are you.
what about my statement was untrue?

Old 11-09-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
No one gave ma a D##m thing and I'm D##m sure not giving it away to someone from another country...You feel free to do so if that's what you want to, but I'll keep mine that I earned from doing some ot those jobs that Americans wont so.
you sure arent showing the appreciation for the lifestyle you were indeed given simply by being born inside the united states. the high standard of living, the social programs, what did you do to EARN any of that?

Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I could care less what those in other countries "have". Frankly, I focus more on what "OUR" countrymen have -
i could agree with you, if we didnt have a massive influx of immigrants coming into our country. it is a problem, so now we must sacrifice in order to properly address this problem. it was our own extreme self-interest that helped created this economic imbalance, which is the main cause of the immigration problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or