U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 08:44 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times

Advertisements

Using Italians as an example: when the borders were closed in 1920; many immigrant Italians returned back home because they either were unhappy or simply could not make it here in the USA.

That left those who were motivated to assimilate and become 'American'.

Ever notice how few Italian surnamed people can speak; let alone read and write that language? That was because the immigrant parents wanted their children to be American

Old 11-09-2007, 11:04 PM

447 posts, read 706,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
what the heck are you talking about?

read my thread, drunk driver was an illegal immigrant.........it's in the archives.......i have every reason to be against illegal immigration.....
you cry for illegal rights...........???????????? i cry for the victims rights....

Old 11-09-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
i would like to know someones personal experience with an illegal. not their husbands, sisters, friends of a friends really your personal experience with an illegal. People say that they are horrible killers, drunks, murders, and rapists. I havent met one yet im not saying they are not out there but really i want to hear some personal experience face to face with an illegal. What did you honestly think? And what if you had come in contact with an illegal and you didnt even know it??
cinco de mayo 1996, my husband was severly injured and almost killed by an illegal from mexico, my husband was riding his motorcycle home from a late night softball game, which they won, his friends tried to talk him into staying afterward to have a celebratory drink or two ...but since it was late he said no, he had to get home, on his way a car turned left in front of him and hit him head on.
witnesses stopped to render aid. they called me and that is where my experience started.
you seem to imply that because my husband was injured that his experience with the illegal alien drunk driver cannot possibly be my experience.
you have no clue.
my experience began with the knowlegdge my husband almost died, then it continued with the fact that the man who'd injured him was proven to be an illegal,he was released before his identity was established.
after his release, autorities found out he also had a warrant in california for brandishing a loaded firearm in a barfight.
he ran from justice for nine years,after his release, and after he was finally caught , heands erved a sentence which amounted to a slap on th ewrist, and not the deportation we were promised, he was again arrested in california two weeks after he got off probation on the charges brought against him in my husbands case.
you try to minimize the horror.of my experience..try to make it sound like it is nothing...
but i tell you this......you have no clue.
this experience we have had with this illegal is not just my husbands experience, it is our whole families experience.......
i am insulted that you dont understand, that when you love someone their pain automatically becomes your pain...their experience does become yours....and given the chance to have it happen again, i wish god would give it to me, instead of to my husband, becaus ei am broken hearted seeing him live with the pain.
and one more thing, my husband was out of work for many months, it too k him four months to be able to walk without his walker, and six years before his doctor gave him a doctors release that said he was only 60 % back to "normal"
eleven years later, six surgeries to attempt to hcorrect his injueries, a finacial lss of over one hundred thousand dollars, a bankruptcy, a foreclosure of our home, and.................it is still going on........what do you consider "my " experience????????this is my experience...sorry you are so blind or deaf you cannot understand.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 PM

635 posts, read 1,560,735 times
Sorry about the story, bad things can happen to good people, I think you could have shortened it. What if your husband had been hit by an arab or a black guy, would you have shown them the same antimosity towards them as you do illegals?

Old 11-09-2007, 11:48 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
cinco de mayo 1996, my husband was severly injured and almost killed by an illegal from mexico, my husband was riding his motorcycle home from a late night softball game, which they won, his friends tried to talk him into staying afterward to have a celebratory drink or two ...but since it was late he said no, he had to get home, on his way a car turned left in front of him and hit him head on.
witnesses stopped to render aid. they called me and that is where my experience started.
you seem to imply that because my husband was injured that his experience with the illegal alien drunk driver cannot possibly be my experience.
you have no clue.
my experience began with the knowlegdge my husband almost died, then it continued with the fact that the man who'd injured him was proven to be an illegal,he was released before his identity was established.
after his release, autorities found out he also had a warrant in california for brandishing a loaded firearm in a barfight.
he ran from justice for nine years,after his release, and after he was finally caught , heands erved a sentence which amounted to a slap on th ewrist, and not the deportation we were promised, he was again arrested in california two weeks after he got off probation on the charges brought against him in my husbands case.
you try to minimize the horror.of my experience..try to make it sound like it is nothing...
but i tell you this......you have no clue.
this experience we have had with this illegal is not just my husbands experience, it is our whole families experience.......
i am insulted that you dont understand, that when you love someone their pain automatically becomes your pain...their experience does become yours....and given the chance to have it happen again, i wish god would give it to me, instead of to my husband, becaus ei am broken hearted seeing him live with the pain.
and one more thing, my husband was out of work for many months, it too k him four months to be able to walk without his walker, and six years before his doctor gave him a doctors release that said he was only 60 % back to "normal"
eleven years later, six surgeries to attempt to hcorrect his injueries, a finacial lss of over one hundred thousand dollars, a bankruptcy, a foreclosure of our home, and.................it is still going on........what do you consider "my " experience????????this is my experience...sorry you are so blind or deaf you cannot understand.
Anyone with a heart understands where your coming from. The agrument people present that "Americans commit crime too" or "Not all illegals are criminals" is totally irrelevant to the point everyone is trying to make: If there were no illegals, and everyone was screened before entry, the crime illegals commit would have NEVER HAPPENED. Thousands of people are killed, raped, assaulted, identities stolen, car stolen, etc., UNNECESSARILY. And while we can not prevent crime commited by our own people, THE CRIMES COMMITTED BY ILLEGALS CAN EASILY BE PREVENTED IF THEY'RE NOT HERE TO COMMIT THEM. These "insignificant" numbers are anything but insignificant to the victims and families. And if one, JUST ONE person is not killed by the hands of someone who never should have been here, then THAT MAKES IT WORTH IT to strictly enforce border security and deport anyone not willing to earn citizenship. One person with a violent crime commited against them by an illegal is ONE PERSON TOO MANY. If anyone is more intested in the well being of illegal immigrants than the thousands of Americans each year killed by them, then my friend, a "humanitarian" you are NOT.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Sorry about the story, bad things can happen to good people, I think you could have shortened it. What if your husband had been hit by an arab or a black guy, would you have shown them the same antimosity towards them as you do illegals?

lets put it this way.....if an american had done what this illegal did .i would still feel the animosity i feel today......
i am angry that this happened, i do take it as a trial god has given me.
i dont care what race this man was.do not care what country he came from...........i do care that he was here illegally, i do care that he had committed a felony before he chose to drink and drive, by brandishing a loaded firearm in a barfight in california, was released on his promise to appear for sentencing, and then almost killed my husband a few years later in new mexico, released again on his promise to appear for sentencing, and after he was finally caught nine years later for his crime against my husband and served a slap on the wrist, was arrested again in california for another felony.....two weeks after serving his sentence...........arrested three times for three felonies, each time proven to be an illegal(who cares what country he came from, what language he speaks, or what color his skin is) he was never deported once..............
this isnt about racism....it's about righjt and wrong.......MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-10-2007 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: let's keep on topic

Old 11-10-2007, 12:10 AM

402 posts, read 938,779 times
Quote:

You thinik she could have shortened what? The length of the experience that will never be over? The story? Is she , the entire family supposed to reach out and embrace the illegal who has cost them so much? All I can say to those of you who are pro-illegal, I pray that you never have to experience what the victims of all illegals have had to deal with. How can anyone make light of the suffering that has been inflicted on thousands of American citizens, Then ask those who have been hurt by them, to welcome them herewith open arms? I've been mod cut once today already and I appologize for what ever I may have said wrong. Because it is not my intention to show disrespect for any poster here. But it seems to me that pro illegals have no compassion for American citizens. We are called lazy, ignorant, slow, uneducated, racist, etc, etc. even by fellow American citizens. This illegal situation has to be stopped, We can not and should not have to risk our own lives, whether, physically or financially by losing our jobs, or by someone carrying dieseases into our country that we have worked so hard to overcome and had until TB, among other things was brought back to us through open border policies.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:06 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,491,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you sure arent showing the appreciation for the lifestyle you were indeed given simply by being born inside the united states. the high standard of living, the social programs, what did you do to EARN any of that?
Let me try one more time, NO ONE gave me anything.....I worked it and being born in the United States had nothing to do with it. And what social programs do you think I have used even tho I have paid taxes for them? And the United States is Spelled with a cap. U and cap. S., just like America and American is.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Let me try one more time, NO ONE gave me anything.....I worked it and being born in the United States had nothing to do with it. And what social programs do you think I have used even tho I have paid taxes for them? And the United States is Spelled with a cap. U and cap. S., just like America and American is.
Well said Texan...
Ghost seems to over look the fact you and your parents and theirs have worked, paid taxes, maybe even served in our military during time of war. Maybe they have done other noble things to further our way of life. This is why you have earned your right to expect immigrants regardless of their burden to enter our country through legal means.
Ghost, I have served my country in time of war, as did my father and 4 uncles, as did both of my grandafthers, and 3 grand uncles, as did both of my great grandfathers. What more price need to be paid? Some of us in my clan were injured while serving.. Now what great sacrifice have the illegals made that grants them the same rights and priveleges as an american citizen? They come here and commit fraud, and tax evasion, they come here and commit idendity theft often ruining lives of honest citizens. They come here and low ball the price of labor. Cheating honest contractors out of work, because they have to pay taxes, have insurance, and most important of all guarentee their work.
I am all for work visa's as long as they pay their fair share in taxes, and have to be above board as the competition. No I don't hate illegals. I just hate what they do to honest americans as well as honest immigrants.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:14 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,162,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
lets put it this way.....if an american had done what this illegal did .i would still feel the animosity i feel today......
i am angry that this happened, i do take it as a trial god has given me.
i dont care what race this man was.do not care what country he came from...........i do care that he was here illegally, i do care that he had committed a felony before he chose to drink and drive, by brandishing a loaded firearm in a barfight in california, was released on his promise to appear for sentencing, and then almost killed my husband a few years later in new mexico, released again on his promise to appear for sentencing, and after he was finally caught nine years later for his crime against my husband and served a slap on the wrist, was arrested again in california for another felony.....two weeks after serving his sentence...........arrested three times for three felonies, each time proven to be an illegal(who cares what country he came from, what language he speaks, or what color his skin is) he was never deported once..............
this isnt about racism....it's about righjt and wrong.......MOD CUT
As you should. Sorry what happened to your husband. But the fact that the person was an illegal shouldn't make anyone less/more mad about anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or