U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:35 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
there are more than one kind of illegal immigrant. and i stand by what i said. some cant afford it. some can and dont want to wait. im not trying to justify either, but i do understand why they are doing it. that is why im advocating immigration reform. there is no real reason ive heard for the extreme costs or wait time to be mandated. and until i do, i will continue to advocate free and fast policies. that will remove all incentives for crossing illegally, and therefore solve the problem.

i dont get it though. do you not want illegal immigrants or do you not want immigrants, period?
Everyone understands why they're doing it, but it's still wrong. I don't agree with the fact that if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night putting your family in grave danger and you shoot them YOU can be charged with murder, to me that is asinine. Unfortunately, the law is the law. However, it's still unfair to those who go through that "unfair" process for people to skip it and be rewarded with citizenship or amnesty for it.
I am all for reforming the immigration policy, I agree the wait time seems excessive and the cost also, but that's beyond "we the people" 's control. All I want is some respect for our laws and our country, not hateful demonstrations and demands for rights I feel they have not earned.
Also, I'm all for legal immigration. It provides the necessary backround and disease checks, population control, and though the process is long and drawn out, it proves that much more that a person truly wants to be part of our country. I welcome them with open arms.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:39 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Everyone understands why they're doing it, but it's still wrong. I don't agree with the fact that if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night putting your family in grave danger and you shoot them YOU can be charged with murder, to me that is asinine. Unfortunately, the law is the law. However, it's still unfair to those who go through that "unfair" process for people to skip it and be rewarded with citizenship or amnesty for it.
I am all for reforming the immigration policy, I agree the wait time seems excessive and the cost also, but that's beyond "we the people" 's control. All I want is some respect for our laws and our country, not hateful demonstrations and demands for rights I feel they have not earned.
Also, I'm all for legal immigration. It provides the necessary backround and disease checks, population control, and though the process is long and drawn out, it proves that much more that a person truly wants to be part of our country. I welcome them with open arms.
sounds good to me. you support reform, you understand not all laws are just and fair, and you want a little respect.

no harm done.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:43 PM

447 posts, read 705,921 times
Quote:
prove what?

my point exactly...you want "proof" but refuse to give it..dont bother responding to the rest of my post.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:45 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
my point exactly...you want "proof" but refuse to give it..dont bother responding to the rest of my post.
again, prove what? just tell me and ill provide it.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
i dont know what state you live in, but here in nm, if someone breaks into your home and your life, or someone in your houses life is in danger.you can shoot to kill..in fact nm has a law where you can actually carry a sidearm as long as it is visible, and you are not a felon. how do you like them apples?

Old 11-12-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
again, prove what? just tell me and ill provide it.

ok..for one...tell me where you get your information on the numbers?
give me "proof " that illegal immigration has not effected our or maybe i should say my country negatively?
i have given you a case number, feel free to call tomorrow, or do you expect me to supply the phone number for you for free as you want me to allow every one who wants access to america free entry...who cares about crime? who cares about the victims?who really cares about the numbers, as long as i ,or any other anti illegal concedes defeat.
you havent provided anything anyone has asked for so far in this talk, so why would i expect you to do it for me???????
maybe you should read my posts, and my threads and figure out what i want you, and all the other proillegals to prove ...as for this moment, i am done with you.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:34 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
i dont know what state you live in, but here in nm, if someone breaks into your home and your life, or someone in your houses life is in danger.you can shoot to kill..in fact nm has a law where you can actually carry a sidearm as long as it is visible, and you are not a felon. how do you like them apples?
I live in the lovely state of California, where people have been sued or jailed for that very thing many times. The stipulation is whether or not the intruder is armed. Me personally, I don't intend to ask or verify if the intruder is armed, if they're in my house, I will shoot them no matter what the consequence, I will protect my family at all costs. I worked on a guys truck one time who was an ex-police officer, and he told me to go to a flea market and buy a "throw away" gun, and if the intruder is indeed unarmed to wipe off all fingerprints and put the gun in his hand.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 AM

13,755 posts, read 23,217,198 times
This thread has wandered so far off of the original point it has become a chat room.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or