U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2007, 07:29 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times
Reputation: 2983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. I have never seen a white person doing landscaping besides the white guy supervising. Basically just stands around and makes 2 or 3 times more than the people doing the work.


Why do you always say white guy are white people.

I have seen white people do their lawn and do it for a living
also black people do lawns too(I am not sure if you are aware of that)
point there are lots of colors not just "white guy"
In the super-politically correct days of the 1960's, blacks were always "guys" to differentiate them from whites. The white guys had their status reduced somewhat, in compensation, and became "dudes". A "guy" probably sounds marginally more respectable than a "dude", I suppose.

Thus one often heard statements such as, "Yesterday I saw three black guys talking to two white dudes". Political correctness does have some very strange rules....

 
Old 11-01-2007, 07:52 PM
 
43 posts, read 81,014 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
I am sorry,I miss understood some of the thread. please accept my apology.
May I ask why do you pay an illegal to do your lawn? when there are plenty of legal citizens that would be more then happy to do your lawn.

you seem to be pro-illegal and I do not unserstand why any legal citizen would be for illegals.
do you not fear for your job? are your boyfriends job?
I have nothing against some-one trying to better there self but to break our laws is just wrong. then to go on tv. and scream about their rights, what about my rights as an american.if they feel so strong for their country then they need to stay there and make a difference, wave there flags and scream at there government just as loudly as they scream at us!! I felt there passion and rage, it was the same passion I have for my country.

Again please accept my apology and may god bless you!!!
I pay an illegal to mow my lawn because trying to save money i can pay this illegal to mow,edge, and pick up the grass in my backyard and front yard $50. When i checked out another lawn service that one of my friends told me about they charged $80-85 because of the size of my backyard and for the extra stuff i had to ask about it was more. The first time the illegal mowed for me i didnt have to ask him to do anything extra because by the time i thought about it he had already done it.

My boyfriend and I dont fear for our jobs because he works in construction and he loves what he does and honestly they pay him very well for what he does. He's 24 and has worked for this compnany for 8 years hes not afriad of going anywhere. I work in an office and ive worked there for awhile as well i get paid well to. We arent worried for the fact that we are good at what we do and we both work hard!! If you dont do a good job then they are going to hire someone else it as simple as that.

I'm pro-illegal because i see both sides. I understand both sides. I think that the Illegals here Mexicans, Canadians, Koreans, Dominicans, Cubans all illegals should pay a price for coming here illegally and then move on with there legality. I did go to the rally in Oklahoma today there were mexican flags and american flags waving and i really felt good about supporting my LEGAL hispanic family and boyfriend. Because i love them both for who they are and not for what color their skin is or the language they speak.

Yes I do except your apology.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 11:50 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
I'm pro-illegal because i see both sides. I understand both sides. I think that the Illegals here Mexicans, Canadians, Koreans, Dominicans, Cubans all illegals should pay a price for coming here illegally and then move on with there legality. I did go to the rally in Oklahoma today there were mexican flags and american flags waving and i really felt good about supporting my LEGAL hispanic family and boyfriend. Because i love them both for who they are and not for what color their skin is or the language they speak.

.
It's funny you should say this--I find myself AGAINST Illegal Immigration---because, just like you, I "see both sides"....

Like you, I have ties to the Hispanic community. I've had plenty of positive experiences with Illegal Aliens over the years---and have known them well, respected their work ethic, etc.

At the same time, I recognize that illegal immigration has the potential to damage our society and our economy. I don't believe, as so many have said, that "they're all a bunch of violent criminals"---This is just silly, and not true. Most are illegals decent people. But so are drunk drivers, and so are (to SOME extent) counterfeiters....that is, they aren't violent people. None of these people set out to physically "hurt" others. The HUGE majority of drunk drivers never actually "hurt" anybody. But drunk drivers are being selfish. Counterfeiters (who are mostly, I'm sure, meek little guys) could destroy our entire monetary system. And illegal immigrants (the majority of whom are nice, non-violent folks) will eventually destroy our middle class standard of living.

Your loyalty to your boyfriend is admirable---but I fail to see the connection with illegal immigration, particularly since you say he's a US citizen. My wife is Indian/Hispanic--(along with her many relatives)--and so are a couple of in-laws on MY side. But few of these folks are in favor of illegal immigration. I don't really understand your position, but I do wish you well....
 
Old 11-02-2007, 12:41 PM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,969,899 times
Reputation: 559
Well, if you hire an illegal, you are breaking the law, too. It sounds like from what you say that you would have the $80-85 to pay a legal company. I would not take a chance with an illegal, because you're supposed to be paying their taxes for them out of what you pay them - not just giving them the money under the table.

And, anyone in construction should worry about their job if there are a lot of illegals in the area - if one company starts hiring them for cheap, the others have to, as well, to compete. Construction wages have been depressed by illegals in many areas.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Little Pond Farm
559 posts, read 1,181,272 times
Reputation: 495
[quote=raelynn;1890028]I pay an illegal to mow my lawn because trying to save money i can pay this illegal to mow,edge, and pick up the grass in my backyard and front yard $50.

Guess what, that illegal hurts himself on your property, he's going to own it! You will see how much you save by hiring an illegal. I just had 18 Acres brush hogged (clear brush from fencing and hillsides) it cost me 300 a day for a local farmer to put in 7 hours with his 8,500.00 machine and fuel. Your illegal is ripping you off.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 01:08 PM
 
383 posts, read 1,021,731 times
Reputation: 179
Hey ProLogic, how come you have never seen a white guy mowing lawns or doing landscaping? I know why, because you live in an area with a large hispanic populace. Do you think that areas of the country without huge hispanic populations are suffering because they can't get people to pick their vegetables, mow their lawns, or cook their food? Try moving to Kentucky. Hell, try moving to Mokena Illinois. Plenty of white guys doing plenty of landscaping, cooking, mowing, etc.

The reason I don't do these jobs is not because they are 'beneath me' or too much work, it is because I am not going to pick vegetables or mow lawns for minimum wage, or in illegals cases below minimum wage.

You get rid of the illegals, and farmers will be forced to raise wages up to adequate levels, and legal citizens will do those jobs.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,981,601 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
I pay an illegal to mow my lawn because trying to save money i can pay this illegal to mow,edge, and pick up the grass in my backyard and front yard $50. When i checked out another lawn service that one of my friends told me about they charged $80-85 because of the size of my backyard and for the extra stuff i had to ask about it was more. The first time the illegal mowed for me i didnt have to ask him to do anything extra because by the time i thought about it he had already done it.

My boyfriend and I dont fear for our jobs because he works in construction and he loves what he does and honestly they pay him very well for what he does. He's 24 and has worked for this compnany for 8 years hes not afriad of going anywhere. I work in an office and ive worked there for awhile as well i get paid well to. We arent worried for the fact that we are good at what we do and we both work hard!! If you dont do a good job then they are going to hire someone else it as simple as that.

I'm pro-illegal because i see both sides. I understand both sides. I think that the Illegals here Mexicans, Canadians, Koreans, Dominicans, Cubans all illegals should pay a price for coming here illegally and then move on with there legality. I did go to the rally in Oklahoma today there were mexican flags and american flags waving and i really felt good about supporting my LEGAL hispanic family and boyfriend. Because i love them both for who they are and not for what color their skin is or the language they speak.

Yes I do except your apology.
You're part of the problem. I think anyone who knowingly employs illegals should be arrested and fined. By paying these guys what you pay them, you are robbing the IRS of their due. There is no excuse for that. Thanks for making the rest of us pay more for everything.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 07:20 PM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 706,583 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
I think its funny ever since i have posted my opinion that people keep going to the past like here you brought up the dust bowl. ARE YOU SERIOUS!! That was the dust bowl...i dont know if you know or not but its 2007 were talking about the issue now!!! I also dont know if you read any of the other post but were did you get your information that only illegals drink and drive, rape, murder, etc. if you can find somewere that is credible that this is true please provide that information. It really pisses me off that you made this into a racial thing by the comment of you saying PASS THAT ALONG TO YOUR LAWN BOY!!! Everyone in this thread has said that this isnt a racial matter but obviously it was just proven in the post above!!

You say that your husband was a victim in a hit and run by an illegal mexican but if he ran how do you know his legality or not?? Im sorry that your husband almost died but if it was a hit and run then you dont know ANYTHING about this guy unless the police caught him. My aunt was killed in Missouri by a drunk driver at 3 in the afternoon by a white male drunk and on speed. He walked and never spent a night in jail. So i know how that feels. Im not saying its ok for ANYONE to breaks the laws but you act like only illegals do it.

The comment about ssi, welfare and such. My mom has MS and is on disability because we cant afford her medication but we have never been shorted on what we need for her through medicade or her ssi. My sister is on welfare because she has two children and my brother in law died....she works everyday and takes care of my niece and nephew. She has never had any problems either getting assistance.

I also have had family in Iraq. But you know what mexico didnt bomb us they just want to live here and have a better life. Im not saying open the door and let them all in. The ones that are here should have to pay a price and move on with the legality. We should shut the door and the ones that want in should go through the process. But i think that we should take it as a compliment that they want to live here.

I have read all the posts with an open opinion and have taken ever one into consideration. Some have been for me and some have been against me and that ok. But this one really made me mad for making it racial and if you think that this isnt racial you should read it agian!!

first off, i have never made this a racial thing... i am not a racist i have many family members and friends that are of all colors and nationalities, and wouldnt have it any other way
this is not about race... i know americans committ awful crimes, too....but this forum isnt about americans committing crimes, it is about illegal aliens, ...if you took it that way, i think you are looking for a racial thing.
my point about oklahomans surviving the dust bowl is for the fact that they are survivors, and in the worst of times have done fine without illegals.
and i never said my husband was almost killed by a drunk driver in a hit and run accident, in fact i did not ever go into detail about his "accident'
but if you really want to hear about it and actually have an open mind, than i will tell you the details.
on cinco de mayo my husband was coming home from a softball game, a car turned left in front of him and hit him head on, sent him flying 26 feet from point of impact.
witnesses to the crash stopped to render aid, and took the car keys away from the man behind the wheel....he was drunk and was trying to start his car as if he didnt even know he'd hit someone.
while in custody we learned that the man who severly injured my husband was an illegal from mexico... he pled guilty though his identity was never established by authorities and after his release he went on the run from justice for nine long years...also after his release authorities found out from the search that should have been done prior to his release that he had a warrant in california for brandishing a loaded firearm in a barfight, and then after his sentence was served after his capture(nine years later) he was arrested again in california for another crime........trust me, i've done my research and know that not all illegals are from mexico, nor are they all guilty of committing violent crimes....but the fact that they are illegal is still against the law...
you were the one who said you employ an illegal lawn boy, so seems that if you pass on my message that americans are sick and tired of the illegal movement, then maybe he will try to become legal....you have chosen to read way too much into my reply and have chosen to attack me for no real good reason.


please re read my post, after you re read your original post and figure out why you made me mad in the first place to respond the way i did.
doesnt matter if you agree with me or not, one illegal is too many and it doesnt matter what race they are to me...either...get off your high horse, and be the american you should be.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 08:18 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
I pay an illegal to mow my lawn because trying to save money i can pay this illegal to mow,edge, and pick up the grass in my backyard and front yard $50. When i checked out another lawn service that one of my friends told me about they charged $80-85 because of the size of my backyard and for the extra stuff i had to ask about it was more. The first time the illegal mowed for me i didnt have to ask him to do anything extra because by the time i thought about it he had already done it.

My boyfriend and I dont fear for our jobs because he works in construction and he loves what he does and honestly they pay him very well for what he does. He's 24 and has worked for this compnany for 8 years hes not afriad of going anywhere. I work in an office and ive worked there for awhile as well i get paid well to. We arent worried for the fact that we are good at what we do and we both work hard!! If you dont do a good job then they are going to hire someone else it as simple as that.

I'm pro-illegal because i see both sides. I understand both sides. I think that the Illegals here Mexicans, Canadians, Koreans, Dominicans, Cubans all illegals should pay a price for coming here illegally and then move on with there legality. I did go to the rally in Oklahoma today there were mexican flags and american flags waving and i really felt good about supporting my LEGAL hispanic family and boyfriend. Because i love them both for who they are and not for what color their skin is or the language they speak.

Yes I do except your apology.
So you pay low ball wages to an illegal? In turn to you bash big companys for hireing illegals?
Your boy friend works construction? A primary target of illegals. Let me explain a few facts. 1 job quality is second to cost. Your boy friend can be canned if enough illegals move into his field or trade and are willing to lowball the rates. ASk carpenters, masons, drywallers painters to name but a few.
Illegals should be deorted after being charged with fraud, tax evasions, and conspiracy to defraud the consumer.
So Now that we covered exactly why illegals are a blight on our nation lets discuss why people who hire them are equally bad.
You hire illegals to cut your grass etc.? The honest guy who has to pay all his taxes, pay for insurance, legal dumping, legal licenced drivers and support his family is being cheated out of a living by cheap skates who only care about themselves. You begrudge the legal guy 30 bucks!!!! Most likely the difference in what the taxes alone would be, plus his insurance. So your illegal hits a rock with his lawn mower and knocks a hole in your siding or your car windo wheres your 30 bucks now?????
Please tell us your name and address so that we may measure your morality by turning you in to the proper authorities. Will Juan or jose come to bail you out?
 
Old 11-02-2007, 10:20 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,695,138 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
I pay an illegal to mow my lawn because trying to save money i can pay this illegal to mow,edge, and pick up the grass in my backyard and front yard $50. When i checked out another lawn service that one of my friends told me about they charged $80-85 because of the size of my backyard and for the extra stuff i had to ask about it was more. The first time the illegal mowed for me i didnt have to ask him to do anything extra because by the time i thought about it he had already done it.

My boyfriend and I dont fear for our jobs because he works in construction and he loves what he does and honestly they pay him very well for what he does. He's 24 and has worked for this compnany for 8 years hes not afriad of going anywhere. I work in an office and ive worked there for awhile as well i get paid well to. We arent worried for the fact that we are good at what we do and we both work hard!! If you dont do a good job then they are going to hire someone else it as simple as that.

I'm pro-illegal because i see both sides. I understand both sides. I think that the Illegals here Mexicans, Canadians, Koreans, Dominicans, Cubans all illegals should pay a price for coming here illegally and then move on with there legality. I did go to the rally in Oklahoma today there were mexican flags and american flags waving and i really felt good about supporting my LEGAL hispanic family and boyfriend. Because i love them both for who they are and not for what color their skin is or the language they speak.

Yes I do except your apology.
Ah, okay...now I understand. You believe in the enslavement of an entire geo-political segment of the world's population so that you can save yourself the equivalent sum of dinner at Denny's. Why didn't you just say so to begin with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top