U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2007, 06:19 PM

43 posts, read 80,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
first off, i have never made this a racial thing... i am not a racist i have many family members and friends that are of all colors and nationalities, and wouldnt have it any other way
this is not about race... i know americans committ awful crimes, too....but this forum isnt about americans committing crimes, it is about illegal aliens, ...if you took it that way, i think you are looking for a racial thing.
my point about oklahomans surviving the dust bowl is for the fact that they are survivors, and in the worst of times have done fine without illegals.
and i never said my husband was almost killed by a drunk driver in a hit and run accident, in fact i did not ever go into detail about his "accident'
but if you really want to hear about it and actually have an open mind, than i will tell you the details.
on cinco de mayo my husband was coming home from a softball game, a car turned left in front of him and hit him head on, sent him flying 26 feet from point of impact.
witnesses to the crash stopped to render aid, and took the car keys away from the man behind the wheel....he was drunk and was trying to start his car as if he didnt even know he'd hit someone.
while in custody we learned that the man who severly injured my husband was an illegal from mexico... he pled guilty though his identity was never established by authorities and after his release he went on the run from justice for nine long years...also after his release authorities found out from the search that should have been done prior to his release that he had a warrant in california for brandishing a loaded firearm in a barfight, and then after his sentence was served after his capture(nine years later) he was arrested again in california for another crime........trust me, i've done my research and know that not all illegals are from mexico, nor are they all guilty of committing violent crimes....but the fact that they are illegal is still against the law...
you were the one who said you employ an illegal lawn boy, so seems that if you pass on my message that americans are sick and tired of the illegal movement, then maybe he will try to become legal....you have chosen to read way too much into my reply and have chosen to attack me for no real good reason.

please re read my post, after you re read your original post and figure out why you made me mad in the first place to respond the way i did.
doesnt matter if you agree with me or not, one illegal is too many and it doesnt matter what race they are to me...either...get off your high horse, and be the american you should be.
We are both entitled to our opinions. Yes i honestly felt that you were personally attacking me. Maybe I did read to much into your reply. I do employ an illegal but in some way or another you do as well. By going to places that employ illegals such as mcdonalds, mexican resturants, grocery stores, malls,etc. by you spending your money there you are providing their paycheck. I am sorry about what happened to your husband and I'm gald the man was caught. Please accept my apology because to begin with all i wanted was to get my feelings off my chest. These things are not to attack other people or shouldn't be atleast they are for people to share their opinions even if its not the same as the other persons. It's obvious that i am pro-illegal and you are anti-illegal but in some ways i do agree with you. So once again I am sorry for getting out of hand in the matter.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:22 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
We are both entitled to our opinions. Yes i honestly felt that you were personally attacking me. Maybe I did read to much into your reply. I do employ an illegal but in some way or another you do as well. By going to places that employ illegals such as mcdonalds, mexican resturants, grocery stores, malls,etc. by you spending your money there you are providing their paycheck. I am sorry about what happened to your husband and I'm gald the man was caught. Please accept my apology because to begin with all i wanted was to get my feelings off my chest. These things are not to attack other people or shouldn't be atleast they are for people to share their opinions even if its not the same as the other persons. It's obvious that i am pro-illegal and you are anti-illegal but in some ways i do agree with you. So once again I am sorry for getting out of hand in the matter.
Technically the restaurants don't know that they're illegal. They use stolen SS cards. Yet it does not mean that they're legal.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:43 PM

140 posts, read 79,651 times
Default Finally! Someone openly admints that they are "Pro-Illegal"!

Quote:
I do employ an illegal
Did you know that the penalty for employing an illegal is $10,000 per incident plus up to 5 years in prison? I sure wish I knew where you worked so I could turn you in!
Quote:
but in some way or another you do as well. By going to places that employ illegals such as mcdonalds, mexican resturants, grocery stores, malls,etc. by you spending your money there you are providing their paycheck.
I agree with you here! This is why it is our civic duty to do something about it! It sickens me to think of my taxes feeding, clothing, housing, and providing medical care for illegals (who would just as soon spit in your face) while my own father, a distinguished veteran, had to die a horrible and painful death because he could not get medical care!

Old 11-03-2007, 07:25 PM

43 posts, read 80,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
Did you know that the penalty for employing an illegal is $10,000 per incident plus up to 5 years in prison? I sure wish I knew where you worked so I could turn you in!

I agree with you here! This is why it is our civic duty to do something about it! It sickens me to think of my taxes feeding, clothing, housing, and providing medical care for illegals (who would just as soon spit in your face) while my own father, a distinguished veteran, had to die a horrible and painful death because he could not get medical care!

Actually I did know that. I know a lot about what could happen but honestly im not worried about it. There are people here doing way worse then me employing a 17 year old illegal boy to mow my lawn. And im sure that INS and immigration are more worried about the people that are smuggling them here, harboring and transporting them, and providing other services then me employing my illegal lawn boy.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:43 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Actually I did know that. I know a lot about what could happen but honestly im not worried about it. There are people here doing way worse then me employing a 17 year old illegal boy to mow my lawn. And im sure that INS and immigration are more worried about the people that are smuggling them here, harboring and transporting them, and providing other services then me employing my illegal lawn boy.
If I were you; I would quit knowingly hiring any illegals-------anymore, it is too risky.

Best that you do not ask what their immigration status is if paying them in cash------at least your butt would be covered if caught.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:08 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If I were you; I would quit knowingly hiring any illegals-------anymore, it is too risky.

Best that you do not ask what their immigration status is if paying them in cash------at least your butt would be covered if caught.
I will agree with this..remember, there are a LOT of people watching this situation that are just SCREAMING for "employers" to get busted. Who do you think they'll go after, if they do---some big well-connected business operator--or the "little" employer? If it happens, it will happen by surprise. Better protect yoursef...

Old 11-03-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

What about companies doing multi million dollar projects? It would be in their best interest to pay the fine then to lose the workers. This has happened before.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:22 PM

140 posts, read 79,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
What about companies doing multi million dollar projects? It would be in their best interest to pay the fine then to lose the workers. This has happened before.
There is also prison time, if convicted. But, finding a federal prosecutor with a spine might pose a challenge!

Old 11-03-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
There is also prison time, if convicted. But, finding a federal prosecutor with a spine might pose a challenge!
The problem with enforcing these type of laws is that they can prove that they can work by using stolen SS cards. Then the employer can claim if they were legitmite and they are not responsible.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:27 PM

635 posts, read 1,559,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I will agree with this..remember, there are a LOT of people watching this situation that are just SCREAMING for "employers" to get busted.
It's not the employer's fault for hiring illegals, the United States does not have enough people who will voluntarily do construction, pick fruit, clean houses, be cooks, hotel employees, do factory work, wash cars. The employer needs money to support his or her family, he can't worry about legality of his employees, because there will definently be a shortage of workers. No one wants forty hours of week of labor and $6-10 depending on your state, except for illegal immigrants. You can't prove me otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or