Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 02:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
You should go work at in-and-out over here in the Bay. You make $9.25 an hour with benefits, 401k, health insurance and free food.
I bet that chele123 lives in a house that she and her hubby paid under $75K for--------that same place even in Hayward would go for the wrong side of $400K

In other words: their 'tiny' combined incomes are worth more than a $50 an hour job in the SF bay area.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:17 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
that would be a bit of a commute Pro

Old 11-04-2007, 02:20 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Yea house prices went through the roof-- but it is a crappy market. California-- especially the bay area, has the highest foreclosure rare in the U.S. I predict there will be a great need of rental housing needed making the cost of renting go up as well. Supply meets demand.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:22 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
No one wants forty hours of week of labor and $6-10 depending on your state, except for illegal immigrants. You can't prove me otherwise.
Viski,

I apologize I didn't make myself clear. No one wants to work 40 fours a week just for $6-10, at hard labor. I don't consider working at a convenience store, a hobby store, or being a health companion a labor intensive job, which you had mentioned. Your son doing sheet metal is a labor intensive job, which is impressive, but most Americans won't make this transition. I used to be in construction, yes with the illegals, and you couldn't pay me $14 an hour to go back. The work is extremely tiring, makes you rock sore, and you will sleep instead of spending time with your family. I would much rather work in an office and be paid $8 an hour, then do construction, clean hotels, be a cook, janitor, or the other kinds of menial labor illegal immigrants all over the United States do.
This post was also for the other individual who commented on my post.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:21 PM

402 posts, read 1,060,869 times
Quote:
Jesusislord, Maybe you are not aware of it, but this is a forum, open to replys by anyone who wants to comment on your post, not just the person you are addressing. I have seen you tell others, you were talking to someone else, insinuateing they should not reply to your post.

As for the work my daughter (vivski) does, I'd love to see you take on her jobs over the years, you just might find out that they are just as intense and tiring as any construction job you have ever had, not only physically but mentally tiring as well. Have you ever dealt with a drunk who wants to buy a bottle of booze and the clerk can't by law sell it to him , if she does she is the one who loses if he goes out and hurts someone while driving drunk. I believe the fine for that is in the neighborhood of $10,000 for the clerk as well as losing her job. Never mind she could lose everything she owns through a cicil lawssuit. stocking shelves, sweeping floors and even cleaning bathrooms after people have crapped on the floor. (some people are just pigs) Unless you have actually done the work don't assume it easier than any other job. Her husband has worked construction for many years but I can tell you, she is just as exhausted as she is when she gets home from work and her day (job) is not over yet, she still has to do laundry get dinner, do dishes, go shopping, pay bills and deal with family crisis. Why because she lives with a family who pretty much thinks the way you do. All that is women's work and all they have to do when they get home from work is notheg, it is time for them to rest and watch TV. I hope if you have a wife, that you share the chores at home, especially if you have a wife who works and you consider her job "minial".

Last edited by Choctaw2; 11-04-2007 at 03:30 PM..

Old 11-04-2007, 03:36 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I bet that chele123 lives in a house that she and her hubby paid under $75K for--------that same place even in Hayward would go for the wrong side of $400K

In other words: their 'tiny' combined incomes are worth more than a $50 an hour job in the SF bay area.
And you would be right!

Old 11-04-2007, 03:43 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
[quote=ArizonaBear;1909724]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post

Consider the source (ProLogic lives about 20 miles away from the Raiders )
Consider the caliber of the Raiders fans....a stadium where you only cheer for the opposing team if you place no value on your life or person.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:18 PM

447 posts, read 797,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Viski,

I apologize I didn't make myself clear. No one wants to work 40 fours a week just for $6-10, at hard labor. I don't consider working at a convenience store, a hobby store, or being a health companion a labor intensive job, which you had mentioned. Your son doing sheet metal is a labor intensive job, which is impressive, but most Americans won't make this transition. I used to be in construction, yes with the illegals, and you couldn't pay me $14 an hour to go back. The work is extremely tiring, makes you rock sore, and you will sleep instead of spending time with your family. I would much rather work in an office and be paid $8 an hour, then do construction, clean hotels, be a cook, janitor, or the other kinds of menial labor illegal immigrants all over the United States do.
did you read that i cleaned hotel roooms for 6.50 an hour? and let me tell you how tiring and stressful, let alone emotional it is to work with the elderly cleaning their houses, and running their errands, or being their companion, when they are dying of cancer, or have alzheimers or, their families have deserted them...i cannot go into all the ladder climbing i did at the hobby lobby i worked at for three years straight, the millions yards of fabric i cut...so when you say labor intensive, you obviously have not ever worked in any of these jobs, standing on your feet all day long, dealing with drunks, or picky people....but i will say this...i dare you to try, without coming out of it thinking it's not hard work...no...i double dog dare you...in fact.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:27 PM

447 posts, read 797,911 times
[quote=Kele;1911249]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Consider the caliber of the Raiders fans....a stadium where you only cheer for the opposing team if you place no value on your life or person.

kele:
i hate to admit it, i'm a raiders fan....and do i ever get flak for it...from my cowboys husband, to my chargers son..right down to every other football fan i run into...but like em or leave them.....i say, to each his own. as for what you said, probably sarcasm...i wouldnt ever be that way, and i havent seen any raiders fans do that sort of thing outside of the bay area...some of us are well mannered if you can believe that...but i know you wouldnt insult me, now would you?hope your team does well.
as for me....
go raiders!!!

Old 11-04-2007, 07:27 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
[quote=vivski;1911547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

kele:
i hate to admit it, i'm a raiders fan....and do i ever get flak for it...from my cowboys husband, to my chargers son..right down to every other football fan i run into...but like em or leave them.....i say, to each his own. as for what you said, probably sarcasm...i wouldnt ever be that way, and i havent seen any raiders fans do that sort of thing outside of the bay area...some of us are well mannered if you can believe that...but i know you wouldnt insult me, now would you?hope your team does well.
as for me....
go raiders!!!
I am sure that you are a nice person vivski, and I mean no disrespect to you or any other fair minded Raider fans, but I've been pushed and shoved by male Raider fans at Charger stadium (I am a female) and threatened with my life at the Raider stadium when I went to support my team. One guy threatened to "rip my Charger's jersey off my body and feed it to me in very small pieces." I think that moves a bit beyond standard rudeness.

Unfortunately, my team seems to be falling apart in the clinch. The worst thing Charger management ever did was to get rid of Marty. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration