Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 08:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

[quote=ProLogic;1909717]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post

Boo, go Raiders.
LOL Raiders are my back up team for about 30 years..

Old 11-04-2007, 08:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
[quote=Kele;1911249]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Consider the caliber of the Raiders fans....a stadium where you only cheer for the opposing team if you place no value on your life or person.
Try Philedelphia!!! They have to be the worst fans known.. I have to live with that shame. LOL

Old 11-04-2007, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,879 times
Lightbulb New Immigration Law in Oklahoma

Both sides of my family immigrated from atleast 3 countrys....and I'm appalled that the U.S. Gov't would not of thought of Oklahoma's new law before...My family became legal citizens, learned english and became productive Americans and have served in many wars for this country. Not doing anything about illegals from invading our boards is a slap in the face for every American whether or not your roots started here or not.....And I for one love Oklahoma's new law. I have seen in other post that these illagals do the jobs Americans don't want to do. But thats simply true.....I for one at one time could not get a job and had a foreman of road construction tell me "I would rather pay some mexican less then minimum wage".... so you tell me whats wrong with what he said....State and Federal Gov't need to make the new Oklahoma law nation wide.....Yes America is a melting pot...... But I want Americans, not illegals that want to live off my tax dollars and steal American jobs, break our laws and disrespect the U.S.A. So every American write your Senators & Congress Representatives and get them to make this law nation wide.... For every red blooded American

Old 11-04-2007, 09:29 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,252 times
I have to confess, I know nothing about football, always seemed like a horrible game, Why in the world would anyone want to take a chance of having thousands of pounds of sweaty flesh piled on top of them. Shaking my head here. Now Nascar... that's a whole other story. It doesn't look safe but have ya ever seen those roll bars inside a Nascar?

Back on topic..... what was it again? Oh yes illegal trespassers. sandchaza,
Quote:
And I for one love Oklahoma's new law.
I certainly agree with that, and it looks to me like if anything is ever done about the situation, it is going to have to be done state by state. Here's hoping they will all follow Oklahoma's lead. If they do then there will be no other place for them to go but home to Mexico.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:16 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
[quote=tinman01;1913064]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
LOL Raiders are my back up team for about 30 years..

Hmm.. people are getting mad at me for having a "back up" citizenship with Mexico. Same principles.. choose a damn team or choose a damn country. But I still prefer both

Old 11-05-2007, 12:05 AM

43 posts, read 88,419 times
[quote=nativeDallasite;1908155]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post

Here's a thought....mow your lawn yourself if you can't afford to pay a legitimate landscaper.
Did you ever think that I may not be able to physically mow my own lawn?? When I was in high school I was a hurdler in track. During a meet a the jumper next to me jumped on the opposite foot as i did. After jumping to hurdles she caught my foot and when I fell i busted my knee to hell and had to have many extensive and long surgeries to get what I have now. So I can not mow my own lawn for that reason.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:13 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchaza View Post
Both sides of my family immigrated from atleast 3 countrys....and I'm appalled that the U.S. Gov't would not of thought of Oklahoma's new law before...My family became legal citizens, learned english and became productive Americans and have served in many wars for this country. Not doing anything about illegals from invading our boards is a slap in the face for every American whether or not your roots started here or not.....And I for one love Oklahoma's new law. I have seen in other post that these illagals do the jobs Americans don't want to do. But thats simply true.....I for one at one time could not get a job and had a foreman of road construction tell me "I would rather pay some mexican less then minimum wage".... so you tell me whats wrong with what he said....State and Federal Gov't need to make the new Oklahoma law nation wide.....Yes America is a melting pot...... But I want Americans, not illegals that want to live off my tax dollars and steal American jobs, break our laws and disrespect the U.S.A. So every American write your Senators & Congress Representatives and get them to make this law nation wide.... For every red blooded American
God bless you. We could use many more like you. Thank you for being proud to be an American.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:22 AM

43 posts, read 88,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
raelynn:
i appreciate your apology, and would like to say, that i do respect your opinion and your right to voice them.that's what so many americans have died to give you.
i would alos like to add one thing, in the big scheme of things , the people (big business and government) who employ illegals or do nothing to enforce our immigration laws are the real culprits.
small people who employ them are just a smaller part of the problem, but still, they are part of the problem.
victims of violent crimes committed by some of these illegals are getting angry that justice isnt being served.
america is a good country, and i love her, but when you are kicked in the teeth by your own government, and the people who are elected to protect our constitution and our lives and are failing to fullfill their oathes, and people who are pro illegal try to make us feel as if we have no right to feel the way we do.... i do get more than a little defensive.
maybe instead of having so much sympathy for people who refuse to respect or follow our laws in the first place, and then some who committ violent or non violent crimes after coming here illegal , you should stop and think of your fellow americans who are the victims of these people.
anyway....peace be with you.
I'm glad that you accept. I'm not sure if it was you who had commented but Yes for the record I am a natural born american citizen. I love my country but with my youth if you dont mind me using your words I look to the leaders of my country. When the government and people who are elected to lead her have shown me all this time that illegal immigration is not really ok persay but they let it slide. They protect them and do what they can for them its hard to against them when the leaders that im supposed to look up to make me feel like its ok for them to be here. Until now no one has really said that illegals being here is really a bad thing. So that has some play into why i am pro-illegal. I do feel for americans who have been victimized by illegals but I just cant help to think about the americans who have been victimized by their fellow americans. Below is a link to another thread post that I just thought was interesting.

Disgusting experience in an immigation line..

Old 11-05-2007, 05:28 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
You should read my thread again. My boyfriend is very legal and was born in the US. He has a social security card and he has EVERY right to his job, job benefits, his wonderful house that he lives in, and the very nice truck that he drives. He had every right that you have so i think that your thread means nothing. The only illegal i brought up was the one that i pay to mow my lawn!!!
if you are paying an illegal, you are breaking the law

Old 11-05-2007, 06:37 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
[quote=raelynn;1914162]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post

Did you ever think that I may not be able to physically mow my own lawn?? When I was in high school I was a hurdler in track. During a meet a the jumper next to me jumped on the opposite foot as i did. After jumping to hurdles she caught my foot and when I fell i busted my knee to hell and had to have many extensive and long surgeries to get what I have now. So I can not mow my own lawn for that reason.
Hire an American high school kid. They'd likely be glad to get the pocket money. After all, who was mowing lawns in this country before the illegal alien invasion? High school kids--I know, I used to be one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration