Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 01:53 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times

Advertisements

The levels of illegal immigration after WWII were nowhere near as rampant as they are these days. You're stretching the truth there a bit.

Also, the citizens of this country ARE fed up with the illegal immigration problem, hence the high amount of activity on this forum and laws in states such as Oklahoma.

And if we have enough of our own people already committing crimes, do we need to import more? Same goes for stealing the social security numbers.

Culture: The quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits, etc.

Do you not think that the 12 - 20 million illegal aliens (and those are the numbers that have arrived in the last 15 years or so) have had a definite impact on the American culture? Sanctuary cities such as Los Angeles and the entire state of California have had the culture and quality of life go into a downward spiral. Sure, if you are rich there you can live in the lap of luxury, but there is hardly and middle class, it's disappearing at a rapid rate because illegal aliens drive down wages and worse.

The bottom line is that the American government is supposed to protect this country and maintain our sovereignty. They have blatantly allowed a mass infusion of people who don't share the values on which this country was built. States like Oklahoma are picking up the slack where the Federal government is lacking.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:55 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
sure i am. im fully educated in the english language.
You owe me a new irony meter.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
if we invited people in, their taxes would pay for socialized medicine. how do you think it works in other countries?
That takes the cake. So there is no end to the amount of people that we bring in, the more the better? And, the 12-20 million that are here now are more of a drain on our economy than they are a boost. Not to mention the fact that these people don't want to assimilate into our society, by and large, which in itself is one of the worst aspects of this whole immigration nightmare.

Oh, and "other" countries actually try and enforce their immigration laws; the ones that want to survive as a nation do anyway.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:01 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,175 times
Quote:
i make perfect sense. im sorry you dont understand. maybe a grown-up can explain it to you.
Pretty rich coming from someone who can't capitalize or punctuate correctly...or string together a coherent sentence.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:04 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The levels of illegal immigration after WWII were nowhere near as rampant as they are these days. You're stretching the truth there a bit.

Also, the citizens of this country ARE fed up with the illegal immigration problem, hence the high amount of activity on this forum and laws in states such as Oklahoma.

And if we have enough of our own people already committing crimes, do we need to import more? Same goes for stealing the social security numbers.

Culture: The quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits, etc.

Do you not think that the 12 - 20 million illegal aliens (and those are the numbers that have arrived in the last 15 years or so) have had a definite impact on the American culture? Sanctuary cities such as Los Angeles and the entire state of California have had the culture and quality of life go into a downward spiral. Sure, if you are rich there you can live in the lap of luxury, but there is hardly and middle class, it's disappearing at a rapid rate because illegal aliens drive down wages and worse.

The bottom line is that the American government is supposed to protect this country and maintain our sovereignty. They have blatantly allowed a mass infusion of people who don't share the values on which this country was built. States like Oklahoma are picking up the slack where the Federal government is lacking.
Again that is an opinion, an opinion of many doesn't make it a fact, that makes it a majority. I haven't felt any of these cultural impacts, I live in California and I am not rich by Cali standards at all. As far as I know we still watch baseball and not soccer, right?

American Culture is a constantly evolving one in my eyes, it's this progressive society that allows us to be such a great country.

Yes the government allowed them in, they have taken up life here, they get loans, apartments, cars, jobs...they have a life here.

You are now going to tell them their existence here is null and void?

Retroactively enforcing laws is ridiculous, causing raids upon these people where we allowed them to setup shop, is unheard of.

Where is the statue of limitations when it comes to human life?

Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,262 times
Quote:
because the laws were not as strict. we have had immigrants in the united states regardless. if we made it free and quick to immigrate here, we would have more legal immigrants paying taxes with their own identification.

Quote:
just like we've been fed up with communism, drugs, japanese, chinese, italians, blacks, etc...

Quote:
if we had free, quick immigration processes, it would take away incentives to steal ss#'s. and as far as importing criminals, it comes with the territory. we get a lot more productivity than crime. should criminals or abusive parents not be allowed to have children? what about black people, since they have the highest % in prison. should we tell them to stop having kids to reduce crime rates? its an illogical solution... and so is denying immigration from an entire group.

Quote:

Do you not think that the 12 - 20 million illegal aliens (and those are the numbers that have arrived in the last 15 years or so) have had a definite impact on the American culture?
i think everyone has impact on the american culture. thats what makes it the american culture.

wiki: Culture, whether in the United States or in general, consists of beliefs and values learned through the socialization process as well as material artifacts.American society features a very diverse culture that features numerous sub-cultures ranging from the orthodox jewish community in New York, to chinatowns in many major cities to agnostic professionals residing in urban lofts.

Culture does not remain stagnant: it evolves. Culture changes with advances and changes in public opinion, technology, geopolitics, and science.

speaks for itself, i'd say.

Quote:
Sanctuary cities such as Los Angeles and the entire state of California have had the culture and quality of life go into a downward spiral.
opinion..

Quote:
Sure, if you are rich there you can live in the lap of luxury, but there is hardly and middle class, it's disappearing at a rapid rate because illegal aliens drive down wages and worse.
the dissolution of the middle class has wayyy more to do with inflation and banking practices than illegal immigration.

America: Freedom to Fascism - Director's Authorized Version

educate yourself.

Quote:

the values this country was built on are freedoms and tolerance. one can easily argue that people like you dont share american values because they look to restrict rather than tolerate and accept.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Again that is an opinion, an opinion of many doesn't make it a fact, that makes it a majority. I haven't felt any of these cultural impacts, I live in California and I am not rich by Cali standards at all. As far as I know we still watch baseball and not soccer, right?

American Culture is a constantly evolving one in my eyes, it's this progressive society that allows us to be such a great country.

Yes the government allowed them in, they have taken up life here, they get loans, apartments, cars, jobs...they have a life here.

You are now going to tell them their existence here is null and void?

Retroactively enforcing laws is ridiculous, causing raids upon these people where we allowed them to setup shop, is unheard of.

Where is the statue of limitations when it comes to human life?
What about the lives of the people that were born and raised here all of their lives, and the duty of the government to protect those lives? You talk about opinions but opinions are often turned into laws, as evidenced by the law in Oklahoma. And I realize that the pro-illegal crowd will try and usurp that law in the courts as soon as possible.

We have laws, and laws cannot be ignored. They have been ignored for too long and look at the situation it has gotten us into.

The pro-illegal crowd can argue all day until they are blue in the face and all it does is reinforce many people's belief that this has to end, and end now. The ball has begun to roll, and it is gathering steam.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:18 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
What about the lives of the people that were born and raised here all of their lives, and the duty of the government to protect those lives? You talk about opinions but opinions are often turned into laws, as evidenced by the law in Oklahoma. And I realize that the pro-illegal crowd will try and usurp that law in the courts as soon as possible.

We have laws, and laws cannot be ignored. They have been ignored for too long and look at the situation it has gotten us into.

The pro-illegal crowd can argue all day until they are blue in the face and all it does is reinforce many people's belief that this has to end, and end now. The ball has begun to roll, and it is gathering steam.

Under the US Constitution and US legal tradition, retroactive law is impermissible, I tend to think we are breaking some traditions in America.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:26 PM

Traditions supercede law? We are getting nowhere here folks. Argue amongst yourselves and repeat the same drivel over and over again if you must. When you post something that makes me go "hmmmm you've got a point," I'll respond at that point.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:29 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,262 times
Quote:
Traditions supercede law? We are getting nowhere here folks. Argue amongst yourselves and repeat the same drivel over and over again if you must. When you post something that makes me go "hmmmm you've got a point," I'll respond at that point.
some of us understand our own points, and do not need to meet your standards to validate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration