Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 04:58 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
the laws are in place, just because no-one has enforced them does not make them unenforcebale, for the future, for the present or retroactive.
wwe've been through this before mach50 thunderdart, and unless one of these illegals hurts, kills or maims one of yours, you will never understand our anger.
Hurting, killing and maiming will occur with or without illegals.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:06 PM

447 posts, read 798,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
true........but why add to the burden??
i say if they are caught committing any other crime than being here illegally let the country that they ran from take matters into their own hands. and quite honestly,
i'm tired of the pro illegal b.s.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Ah but by enforcing the laws it may prevent even 1 injury or death or violent crime. That makes it worth enforcing.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:12 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Ah but by enforcing the laws it may prevent even 1 injury or death or violent crime. That makes it worth enforcing.
Enforce those laws but don't scapegoat illegals as the big demons causing disfunction in this country.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:10 PM

106 posts, read 471,973 times
Quote:
Here I broke it up for you

I agree with many of your comments (except for making Mexico a 51st state, if anything there will be a North American Union).

Americans really don't know how good they have it and how bad most Mexicans have it. If they do know, they will tell you it is not Americas problem, but I think as neighbors it is our problem.

Congrats on dating someone who has opened your eyes and your heart to Mexico and Mexican way of life.

Did you know Mexico is also the #38 happiest country in the world, compared to United States at 150?
Countries Listed in HPI order (http://www.happyplanetindex.org/list.htm - broken link)

The mexican people are not mean, however, they are portrayed this way in our media as cruel monsters ripping the toys out of Americans hands. This is a huge mistake by American media and is going to possibly ruin relations with Mexico. All of the this late uprising against illegals will die off after the elections.

Great post and thanks for sharing.
I agree that as neighbors Mexico's problems are ours. This is obviously displayed by them coming here to work. However I don't believe it's our responsibility to provide for Mexico's citizens. They signed NAFTA as well so they have all the same access to our markets that we have to theirs. If you ask me it is Mexico's fault that they are a poorer country and there is really no justification for them being one. They are next door to the world's largest economy and should be able to be a prosperous country from trading with us just like Canada does.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:13 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
I've seen this discussion/argument bouncing around for the past few months, and want to chime in with my perspective.

For those who have had an accident involving an illegal alien, the issue is personal, and cannot be rationalized.

As to the overall observation, if we have more people, we will inevitably have more incidents.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:13 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedawg View Post
I agree that as neighbors Mexico's problems are ours. This is obviously displayed by them coming here to work. However I don't believe it's our responsibility to provide for Mexico's citizens. They signed NAFTA as well so they have all the same access to our markets that we have to theirs. If you ask me it is Mexico's fault that they are a poorer country and there is really no justification for them being one. They are next door to the world's largest economy and should be able to be a prosperous country from trading with us just like Canada does.

Mexico is in a war within itself. It's fighting corruption.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:32 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
oooooooooommmmmmmmmgggggggggggggggg!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
oooooooooommmmmmmmmgggggggggggggggg!
Elaborate for us.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:41 PM

43 posts, read 88,419 times
just for the record i do know how to mow a lawn. i know how to use a lawn mower, weed eater, edger every thing. i used to do it all the time. but after a total knee replacement pushing a lawn mower is just something i cant do. mind over matter....im sorry but my knee does matter i still do everyday things but seriously mowing my lawn is not one of them. Atleast i have a real reason for why i dont mow my own lawn some people are to lazy and just dont do it them selves!! im not going to fire a high school kid that just happens to be here illegally i have a heart and i think that if he's mowing my lawn thats time hes not on the streets causin trouble since everyone thinks thats all they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration