Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:03 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
HAHAHAHAHA!! There wasn't one issue Kerry DIDN'T change back and forth on! Wow short memory.

He earned the nickname after his stupid, "I voted for the war before voting against it" comment.

Now, are you going to address how Mitt Romeny HASN'T flip flopped on gays, abortion, stem cells and immigration? Show me how he's held a consistent point of view throughout his political career?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 01:00 PM

640 posts, read 461,212 times
Default Hillary Says "Yes" to Illegals having NY driver's licenses...

Despite the fact that 72% of New Yorkers say NO to illegals being issued state driver's licenses ~ Hillary says yes.....

Remember her flippy-floppy stance during the debate? Guess she's finally made up her mind.....and it's a terrible choice! Just one of what the U.S. will be in for if crazies put this lunatic in office.

FOXNews.com - Hillary Clinton Tries to Settle Question Over Her Support for Illegal Immigration License Plan - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Old 11-01-2007, 01:17 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,507,975 times
Yep, she a real winner all right. I'm just glad she's getting the word out. From what I've been seeing illegal immigration is one of the hottest items on the agenda right now. From where she's sitting on the subject she will not fair well. Thank goodness!

Old 11-01-2007, 07:53 PM

377 posts, read 684,569 times
Offering driving licenses to illegal’s is just another back door amnesty.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:00 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
She wants their vote plain and simple!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:33 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
it was a seriously flawed position for her to take and i cannot understand why she would do that. i hope that the republican candidates see the damage that she has done and swing the other way on immigration.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:37 AM

512 posts, read 1,564,369 times
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z35/Georgpl/drilic.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-03-2007, 08:16 PM

377 posts, read 684,569 times
I doubt if the Republicans will attack her very much or very seriously on this and other issues. To me they seem to actually want her to win the Democratic Party’s nomination. What they are doing is like pouring condiments on meat. They are letting the meat marinate for now and eat it when the time comes. And that is if or when she wins the Democratic Party’s nomination.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:14 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Good one, Georgepl

Maybe you should forward it to the Hildabeast for kicks! ! ! ! !

Old 11-03-2007, 11:55 PM

140 posts, read 111,876 times
Default Pros and Cons of Issuing Illegals Drivers Licenses

What are the pros vrs. the cons to giving illegals drivers licenses?
Here's how I see it:

Pro:
  • They will at least know the rules of the road
  • They will be able to begin obtaining insurance
  • If they have insurance perhaps they will obtain registration as well (instead of just stealing plates)
  • We will have a better count of illegal immigrants as well as their country of origin
  • Possibly result in less identity theft
  • More money collected for infrastructure
  • Knowing the addresses of the illegals would make it very easy to round them all up and deport them!
Cons:
  • Could create a path for amnesty
  • It completely undermines federal law. If you're here illegally, how can you drive here legally?
  • Condones and encourages illegal entry
  • It doesn't address the real problem but is rather a 'Band-Aid' solution
  • Illegal immigration falls under federal law, only states can issue drivers licenses
  • It would create a division among states that allow it versus states that do not. Those that would allow it would become a haven for illegals which would create a lot of tension among the people that are legal citizens.
Personally I think it's a bad idea but, playing the devils advocate, I can see it from both sides. To me it is skirting the real issue; these people are breaking the law by being here at all! The really ugly side of it is that they break law after law after law. They have to! It really isn't their fault. It is ours for letting them in the country in the first place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration