U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-31-2007, 10:21 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
just wait.

i have a hispanic (legal btw) friend who just got laid off b/c for the money he was making, his boss could hire 3 illegals to do the job. These illegals will mess up everyone's quality of life in one form or another if this problem aint corrected soon.

Couldn't you say the same thing about outsourcing? Are you for it? against it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-31-2007, 10:26 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have noticed that as well:

All of us suddenly become 'White Supremacists'-----even if our skin is pitch black when we start speaking out against the illegals.
I have yet to find the reason behind illegals calling Americans 'racist' for speaking out against illegal immigration. Same goes for Hispanics, or as they would call them "Traitors".

You know, I have never gotten a clear perspective from a legal Mexican immigrant about immigration. None I have talked to have no knowledge of American politics. My grandpa, who is a LEGAL immigrant himself knows a lot about American politics-- yet speaks little English. He is a man of great wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2007, 10:53 PM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,448,242 times
Reputation: 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Again, only an assumptions on your part. You know its quite funny actually. Prior to coming onto these forums I have never heard of any illegal immigrant raping anyone. As for the murdering, it happened in 2003 at a local carrows. But it was an illegal immigrant on illegal immigrant murder. Again, not all illegals are murders and/or rapists. People just bring up these sort of stories and emotions to make cheap political points.

You have to be kidding me! Heres one and there are many more
J O S H U A P U N D I T: Texas Gang Rape And Murder Case Puts America's Sovereignty In Jeopardy

2 illegals in Houston raped and murdered 2 girls; they were put in jail, Mexican officials came along and took them back to Mexico. Now, they are suing Houston officials because they didnt tell the poor rapists and murderers that they could have legal counsel from Mexico!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2007, 11:09 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
I am not kidding you. They don't post things like this in the SF Chronicle. Why? Because it won't sell here in the Bay Area due all the liberals. I don't even see it on the news. They don't usually point out their citizenship status because it really has nothing to contribute to the story-- which is how it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2007, 11:10 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
2,721 posts, read 7,475,082 times
Reputation: 1063
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You are a very pragmatic poster--I've read many of our posts. But your outlook isn't shared by all. What seems like a simple issue to you (and me, and some others) has been turned into a complicated, contentious, angry and emotional issue, by the simple fact that the "race card" can be played. And once that card is played, "all bets are off"...

Any argument, any problem, from murder, rape, and theft, right down to littering, loitering, and public drunkenness, can be turned into a three-ring circus if it can be shown that in any way it involves two or more races.

On a broad scale, this issue is being painted as a struggle between "white" Americans (even Filipinos qualify, I guess, as long as they're American citzens)against "brown" immigrants (even though illegals come in many colors).

Thus a legal issue, in a complex situation involving trespassing, breach of national soveriegnty, the economic problems, overloading of schools, hospitals, prisons, and all sorts of other interconnected problems is reduced to only one "important" cause--and that is "Racism"-- either you're for us, the argument goes, or you're a racist.

Is this silly, simplistic, and dishonest? Of course it is. But that's the reality in America in 2007. There's no valid argument or coherent well-presented case that can be made on any subject, that can't be trumped by playing the "race card". And, in essence, that's what's being done here. As a result, it's almost impossible to have a serious discussion on this issue---but we're still trying...

Keep up your posts...


I totally hear what you are saying. Its really not that complicated and "pro illegal immigrant" just dont get it! As I would always say :

What Part of "Illegal" don't you undertand???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
2,721 posts, read 7,475,082 times
Reputation: 1063
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I have yet to find the reason behind illegals calling Americans 'racist' for speaking out against illegal immigration. Same goes for Hispanics, or as they would call them "Traitors".

You know, I have never gotten a clear perspective from a legal Mexican immigrant about immigration. None I have talked to have no knowledge of American politics. My grandpa, who is a LEGAL immigrant himself knows a lot about American politics-- yet speaks little English. He is a man of great wisdom.


Mr Logic, What does your Grandfather think of Illegal Aliens? Since he is legal does he feel a loyalty to his home country or his current country of citizenship? As an immigrant myself, I don't pitty anyone illegal and that includes anyone from my former country. It is a privilage to be in the United States legally and not a God given right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2007, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
2,721 posts, read 7,475,082 times
Reputation: 1063
White Supremacists vs. Hispanics? hmm??

I see more violent racism between Hispanics and Blacks than Whites vs Hispanics or Blacks. Kind of Ironic dont you think? There was a few murders lately here in Las Vegas and it was racial tention between Blacks and Hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2007, 11:17 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Mr Logic, What does your Grandfather think of Illegal Aliens? Since he is legal does he feel a loyalty to his home country or his current country of citizenship? As an immigrant myself, I don't pitty anyone illegal and that includes anyone from my former country. It is a privilage to be in the United States legally and not a God given right.

Never really asked him about it. Its not something that we talk about during family gatherings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2007, 11:24 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
White Supremacists vs. Hispanics? hmm??

I see more violent racism between Hispanics and Blacks than Whites vs Hispanics or Blacks. Kind of Ironic dont you think? There was a few murders lately here in Las Vegas and it was racial tention between Blacks and Hispanics.

Blacks and Mexicans racial past goes wayyyy back. Did you know the first cowboys were side to side roaming the hills were Mexican and Black? Where has the love gone right? Most of the racial tension is, correct wording, "Los Angeles". Why? Black gang members see immigration as a threat to their race. Hispanics clearly outnumber Blacks in the U.S as a whole and in L.A as well. Hispanics are moving in into "Black territory" which is causing tension. Since most of these groups listen to Rap there have been attempts to ease tensions as we see in this video by Snoop Dogg and B-real.
YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Vato: Clean Version


However, in the Bay Area I don't believe there are as much tensions. My best friend is actually Black and I give him insights on Mexican culture which he is very interested in. I see a lot of Black people dating Hispanic girls at my school and neighboring cities. So things aren't as they used to per say. People (like my grandma) see Blacks as a threat. You know.. the stereotype of them stealing things.. and being really obnoxious and stuff.


And your right about Mexican attitudes towards Whites. I also don't see it uncommon anymore seeing Whites dating Mexicans. I think the reasoning behind why Mexicans tend to favor Whites more so than Blacks is because they're the ones who are in charge if you catch my drift. And as George Lopez stated "Sh**, I don't blame them. They want to be home owners too!!" You also have to take into account that the Bay Area is very diverse-- I think California as a whole is the most diverse state in the U.S. If you find out about this feel free to correct me on it.

PS: and that whole thing with Mexican Machismo.. dating White women only helps prove to people that they are macho and that they are great porque they married white women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2007, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
2,721 posts, read 7,475,082 times
Reputation: 1063
I use to Live in San Jose and there is much black/hispanic tention there for sure. Actually I know they hate each other's guts. Its not just with the gang-bangers, the last black/hispanic altercation that happend here in Las Vegas was between 2 families with no gangs involved but just racial hatred. Its pretty sad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top