U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,864,783 times

Advertisements

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com CBS: Illegals Entering US Triple With Talk of Immigration Reform

Arrests of illegal immigrants crossing into the United States have nearly tripled in recent months — in anticipation of Congressional efforts to enact comprehensive immigration legislation, border patrol agents told CBS News Wednesday.

“Once the first group gets across, they call their family, they call their friends and let them know, ‘Hey the time is right, come on over,’” Border Patrol agent and union representative Chris Cabrera told CBS News.

In March, 7,500 illegals were arrested in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas — which includes McAllen — Cabrera told CBS News. That’s up from 2,800 in January
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 09:40 PM

116 posts, read 91,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
“Once the first group gets across, they call their family, they call their friends and let them know, ‘Hey the time is right, come on over,’” Border Patrol agent and union representative Chris Cabrera told
I had to laugh at that a little. I'm sure they have internet and cable news over in Mexico. It's not like they had to come here, find out about the law, and then call people over.

Thankfully, the authors of the bill foresaw this and backdated the eligibility for any legalization to Dec. 31, 2011. So anyone who came after that, will get deported.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:05 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubi Panis View Post
I had to laugh at that a little. I'm sure they have internet and cable news over in Mexico. It's not like they had to come here, find out about the law, and then call people over.

Thankfully, the authors of the bill foresaw this and backdated the eligibility for any legalization to Dec. 31, 2011. So anyone who came after that, will get deported.
Why not back date it to 2006, 2002, 2000, 1986? How can you be so sure that anybody that came after that date will be deported? Illegals come up with fake/forged documents all the time, it's not to hard to do apparently.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:40 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:

They will not get deported. They will become the next group of illegals to settle in the US and work in the shadows.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 AM

10,584 posts, read 7,965,909 times
Quote:
That's one of the silliest parts of this whole fiasco.

You expect people who entered illegally, will keep careful records of the date he did so, to make sure the U.S. officials can throw him out when the time comes?

This is beyond stupid.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They will not get deported. They will become the next group of illegals to settle in the US and work in the shadows.
Yep, because no one in their right mind picks fruit for 2 bucks an hour when they can move on to a better job. Businesses will push for more slave-like labor.

Lather rinse and repeat. Bend over tax payers.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:31 AM

405 posts, read 358,190 times
Quote:

And how is an illegal, illiterate migrant going to document his date of entry? He'll probably say whatever he thinks will keep him here. And how is the government going to verify this? I bet you can't tell us. I don't want to get infracted so I'll just second Little-Acorn's notion.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:26 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:

There is nothing in the Senate bill about deporting them. They won't be deported for the same reasons the ones that came before that date aren't being deported.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 AM

10,584 posts, read 7,965,909 times
Another ridiculous bit is the line that "This doesn't automatically give them citizenship, so that means it's not actually amnesty."

(patiently)

They came here, or stayed here illegally.

They knew what they were doing was illegal.

That means, they knew they were likely throwing away any chance they might have had at citizenship.

And they did it anyway.

To those of us with enough cognizance to count to ten without gloves on, this says to us that they weren't interested in citizenship. Or not enough to matter.

They simply wanted to be here, and stay here.

And what is the very first thing you are offering them? They can stay here.

Now, you can go into whatever cloistered discussion rooms or swank parties you go to and solemnly tell each other that it's technically not amnesty since it doesn't include citizenship.

But to the 99.9% of actual humans that it matters to, amnesty is exactly what it is. And they they will simply say, "Yes, please, thank you very much". And not pay much attention to your "warnings" that the deal doesn't include citizenship... as if they gave two hoots about that.

I just have one request: Will you please stop insulting our intelligence by pretending WE believe your silly tripe about citizenship making the slightest difference in what you are doing to this country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or