U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 12:06 AM

3,186 posts, read 5,454,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It's been more of an exercise in watching people avoid answering the questions...
Teddy answered my questions...This country would be much better off if we would have continued to do what Teddy said. You know he even warned us about letting big companies send away american jobs and let big business cronies run the country.....He said that english should be the language we use too. He demanded that alien immigrates be treated just like everyone else....................as long as they came in with permission.....

Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 AM

3,054 posts, read 5,029,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
Irrelevant. You did not answer the question with post 21. You simply stated when they came. It doesn't matter what towns they happened to found. Would they be able to immigrate under today's rules and process?
Yes they would. David (very first of my family) had superior skills in breaking language barriers, tracking, accurate map making, geologist, and turned out be a very good businessman in trading with Indians and trappers alike. His wife was an Algonquin . His son of which is my line also married an Algonquin as did his son's Daughter . Her Son married a Doeg Indian woman. Is that enough heritage for you to meet todays requirements?

Last edited by 12GO; 05-10-2013 at 12:33 AM..

Old 05-10-2013, 12:20 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
I have done plenty of research, it looks like you haven't because you don't even understand the difference between a non-immigrant visa and the immigrant visa (green card).

H2-B is a non-immigrant visa for "temporary nonagricultural jobs". Unlike the H1-B which is for "foreign workers in specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise in specialized fields*", the H2-B is not dual-intent, so if the visa interviewer thinks you're trying to enter the U.S. on an H2-B to live there permanently, you'll be denied. You need to prove that you will return to your home country before the interviewer will grant you the visa.

*yes malamute, if you think you're more qualified than those H1-B workers then I'll concede that you would be able to immigrate under today's rules. Five gold stars for you.
I actually am more qualified than many of the legal immigrants in my workplace. Like I said -- for those of us who actually know and work alongside legal immigrants, it's obvious that they can be good enough employees, but I don't think they're superior at all to Americans in the same workplace. It's not as though there are very few legal immigrants -- there are very many because the USA takes in far more legal immigrants than any other nation on earth.

Of course I'd be able to immigrate if there are immigrants in my line of work -- again, it's pretty much nothing but getting a degree in a field where there are jobs available. You seriously cannot have never encountered any legal immigrants that you are unaware of how it is.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:25 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Actually you will see employer-sponsered immigrants working in landscaping, construction, and teaching, etc, its by way of the H2B visa. USCIS - H-2B Non-Agricultural Workers

Before you make claims and look foolish, you should actually attempt to research what you are thinking about saying.
True. I think because I live in a part of the country with extremely large numbers of immigrants, I can see how very easy it really is. One of my former neighbors had a valid green card -- no family here and all he did for a living was farm work.

Some people actually believe that all foreigners they see doing farm work are here illegally which is not the case at all. Far from it -- many foreign born farm workers are here perfectly legally because they can obtain green cards. In fact it's estimated that only 25-50% of agricultural workers are here illegally.

Same with house cleaners and motel employees -- they aren't necessarily here illegally, they can be just as legal as any other legal immigrant.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:06 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
I still think that some aren't understanding the OP's topic. The topic is getting derailed as well (a moderator has warned us once already to stay on-topic). If someone wants to suggest qualifying for a Resident Card is easy, say how it is being originally gained.

I think it is a great thread, and an easy enough of concept to follow if you read the question...

Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,293,306 times
Quote:
I still think that some aren't understanding the OP's topic. The topic is getting derailed as well (a moderator has warned us once already to stay on-topic). If someone wants to suggest qualifying for a Resident Card is easy, say how it is being originally gained.

I think it is a great thread, and an easy enough of concept to follow if you read the question...
This.
Yac.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:37 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. I think because I live in a part of the country with extremely large numbers of immigrants, I can see how very easy it really is. One of my former neighbors had a valid green card -- no family here and all he did for a living was farm work.

Some people actually believe that all foreigners they see doing farm work are here illegally which is not the case at all. Far from it -- many foreign born farm workers are here perfectly legally because they can obtain green cards. In fact it's estimated that only 25-50% of agricultural workers are here illegally.

Same with house cleaners and motel employees -- they aren't necessarily here illegally, they can be just as legal as any other legal immigrant.
Actually no, only 3-4% of agricultural workers are here illegally.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:57 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
If one is going to complain about a topic being derailed then they shouldn't do it themselves. It is hypocritical. My personal opinion is that this isn't even an illegal immigration topic to begin with.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:40 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If one is going to complain about a topic being derailed then they shouldn't do it themselves. It is hypocritical. My personal opinion is that this isn't even an illegal immigration topic to begin with.
It is. The first response about illegal aliens is to ask why they didn't come legally. There seems to be an avoidance to the perception of oneself and idolized ancestors just doesn't naturally qualify someone for immigration currently.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:24 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
It is. The first response about illegal aliens is to ask why they didn't come legally. There seems to be an avoidance to the perception of oneself and idolized ancestors just doesn't naturally qualify someone for immigration currently.
The SAME can be said about ANY country of the world. ALL countries have immigration laws; not just the US. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration