U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcollegeboy View Post
No, and thank god for that. And this is relevant how?
perspective. you could show your appreciation for your fortune by sharing it with the less fortunate. nobody ever called charity immoral. especially when the charity would barely make a dent in your personal income.

Quote:
Aside from that, Mexico has one of the 10 largest economies on earth, there's plenty of wealth there. It's their country, their problem.
apparently its our problem too, since they are coming here.

Quote:
You citizen of the world types will fast find yourself a man without a country.

my country is one of tolerance, multiculturalism, and peace. i dont need a certain language, skin color, culture, religion, etc. to call it my country. its all about freedom, love, tolerance and compassion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 PM

186 posts, read 299,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
But she broke a law for not giving up her seat. Why did she not understand that it was a law and it had to be followed?
She was also willing to be arrested for breaking the law, and to face the penalties.

Are illegal immigrants willing to face the consequences of their criminal behaviour.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
perspective. you could show your appreciation for your fortune by sharing it with the less fortunate. nobody ever called charity immoral. especially when the charity would barely make a dent in your personal income.

How much money does a struggling 20 yo student make?

apparently its our problem too, since they are coming here.

Its our problem because we don't send them back.

my country is one of tolerance, multiculturalism, and peace. i dont need a certain language, skin color, culture, religion, etc. to call it my country. its all about freedom, love, tolerance and compassion.

I must have missed this aspect in the declaration of independence. I don't remember multiculturalism anywhere in the works of Mr Jefferson or Hamilton, or in Abe Lincoln.

Culture is everything, history proves this.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:12 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
But she broke a law for not giving up her seat. Why did she not understand that it was a law and it had to be followed?
One huge difference: Rosa Parks' Black ancestors were brought to the USA against their will----------illegal immigrants came here as free people.

So; we owed the descendants of the slaves the same rights as any other American. No more, no less.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:32 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Quote:
so please, understand that taking on the government is infinitely more difficult than immigrating

Ghost,
having been in Vietnam I think I do understand probably better than you that a people can take on a government and be successful

With you being a born American I would think you could understand that can happen also, as our ancestors have taken on the government twice now.

My point was, if its so bad they need to try to change it and I also think we should try to help them change it.

Regarding all your post that go back to the employer's, I totally agree it is they who have created, abated, encourage, participated in this host of activity.
They should be punished and punished severely. They have done this for the most part not out of humanitarian zeal, but for the most base of human emotions, greed... Do you disagree with that?

I think my tipping point towards the employer was this last spring when I read of a case in New York regarding an illegal construction who had suffered severe injuries and had applied for workers comp. The employer tried to skirt his MORAL as well as LEGAL obligation for that worker by using as a defense that he should be responsible for workers comp claim because of the illegal status of HIS OWN EMPLOYEE.

How reprehensible a person is that man.
I believe that truly is the point I began to despise the employer who would take extreme advantage of these people.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:12 AM

4,514 posts, read 8,599,677 times
Quote:
She was also willing to be arrested for breaking the law, and to face the penalties.

Are illegal immigrants willing to face the consequences of their criminal behaviour.
What kind of question is that? Of course. The Founders did the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
One huge difference: Rosa Parks' Black ancestors were brought to the USA against their will----------illegal immigrants came here as free people.

So; we owed the descendants of the slaves the same rights as any other American. No more, no less.
Abe Lincoln wouldn't agree with you. He wanted to deport them back to Africa to colonize it with Western culture and to spread Christianity.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:00 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Quote:
Abe Lincoln wouldn't agree with you. He wanted to deport them back to Africa to colonize it with Western culture and to spread Christianity.
So what? It doesn't change the fact that what Rosa Parks did was JUST...and that black Americans were, and are, owed the same rights as any other AMERICAN.

You cannot compare the civil rights struggle in the 50s and 60s to what illegal immigrants are doing today. Black Americans were OWED those rights. Illegal immigrants aren't owed anything.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
You cannot compare the civil rights struggle in the 50s and 60s to what illegal immigrants are doing today. Black Americans were OWED those rights. Illegal immigrants aren't owed anything.
Nobody is owed rights. You might have to re-read the Declaration of Independence.

Apparently the slavery mentality is still here in the South. One reason there is a strong military tradition in the South is because of the slave patrols. Reminds me of the Minutemen.

Does the government serve the people or is it served by the people? The logic behind deportations is that we must reunite them to the country (plantation) of origin and reintroduce them to their government (owners). After all, we shouldn't let them escape from their owners because after all it's "illegal." Have we been brainwashed to love oppression and hate freedom? Are we now slaves of our governments and the owner is determined under what plantation, that is ascribed, one is born in?

Old 12-01-2007, 10:23 AM

Minutemen is a product of Arizona and California, not the South.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Minutemen is a product of Arizona and California, not the South.
What were they doing along the Rio Grande River?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or