U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 PM

3,935 posts, read 5,588,816 times

Advertisements

OK HB1804

Now, I don't understand the one about no public assistance because they've been getting it and Oklahoma Health Care Authorities just passed another bill saying that all pregnant illegals, birth and care of the baby also would be
taken care of, courtesy of the tax payers. My last child cost me $15,000, but it was my choice and my responsibility. We paid every penny ourselves. (didn't think we'd ever get it paid off!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 11:14 PM

186 posts, read 304,782 times
We need this in other states.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:18 PM

1,510 posts, read 754,235 times
i agree with this bill partly. i think its good to target employers, and for police to focus their efforts on more serious crime (although i dont think immigration is the right direction. it would be better if they targeted violent crimes almost exclusively). i dont think cutting off public assistance is going to do any good. it will cause domestic migration, and save the taxpayers a few bucks, at the expense of a human being's basic life necessities. identity theft would be greatly reduced if we allowed them free, fast legal immigration. this bill will do little to prevent id theft, due to its ease and volume.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:25 PM

We don't want fast legal immigration. We want them gone.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcollegeboy View Post
We don't want fast legal immigration. We want them gone.
you and people in the fortunate positions already.

humanitarians would side with me.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:37 PM

Humanitarians will be the end of this country. We're under seige from foreign invaders and you would side with them.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Humanitarians will be the end of this country. We're under seige from foreign invaders and you would side with them.
we can only achieve peace when people are peaceful in the face of adversity. whatever happens (and no one can predict the future), i can be happy knowing i stand for tolerance and understanding, personally. and thats what counts.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:45 PM

At what cost? The destruction of America? The end of everything our ancestors have created, all to be replaced by a foreign culture?

Old 11-28-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
At what cost? The destruction of America? The end of everything our ancestors have created, all to be replaced by a foreign culture?
we dont know what that cost will be. we shouldnt sacrifice our personal morality based on a potential, either.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 AM

1,572 posts, read 3,685,602 times
Quote:
This is hyperbole. Really, think about it. If you think illegal immigration is going to destory the US just because they are a "foreign culture", you need to get real. At one time hot dogs and pizza were "foreign culture".

Illegal immigration is bad but I wouldn't put the "destruction of our culture" high up on the list of problems it creates. Mostly I'd say the problems are economic and environmental, not cultural. And even if illegal immigration is bad, they are just human beings for the most part breaking a law that says you have to apply for a visa to be here, they are just looking for a better life and trying to take the easy way out (the hard way involve, in most cases, protests and armed insurrection against Latin American countries). It's not like they ate babies or drown kittens. People who get so outraged over illegal immigration to the point they demonize illegals as human being, should check themselves out because I doubt they go around demonizing speeders or jaywalkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or