U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2007, 05:30 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Of course they did-- I'm not arguing against that. I'm saying that there are a lot of similarities though.
I don't know what they're teaching you in those California schools, but there are not any similarities.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I see you really took a stab at my argument. I sincerely apologize for any disrespect, but please take it easy on the macho attack posts.
You first...you were the one who attacked me, remember?

Old 11-02-2007, 06:53 AM

790 posts, read 1,429,688 times
Default Awesome

Thank god. Some good news for a change. Hopefully other states will do what is right.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:28 AM

384 posts, read 850,456 times
Quote:
Now unless every state passes laws that counter illegals, they will flood sanctuary cities and make the problem worse for someone else. Seems like scape goating to me.
So What? It now becomes the responsibility of the "sanctuary cities" and those states to pass state and/or local laws like Oklahoma, and keep the illegals moving until they are run out of America. If those cities and/or states don't want to do this then its their problem if their services get overwhelmed. America and legal Americans, not the inept federal government, are on the move and the will of the legal American people will win this battle. I don't see it as scape goating; but a call to action.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:37 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,924,989 times
Quote:
Of course it does, I just don't think all states are willing to give up their illegals. Oh and history repeats itself. Who didn't want to give up the slaves? And a war was fought. That could happen again.
"Give up their illegals?" Are you referring to illegals as our slaves? And "a war" could start because we want to enforce our laws? Do you actually LIKE the idea of anarchy? That sounds like what you are preaching.

If the result of the citizens of this state and country as a whole is to close the borders and enforce the laws comes down to a war, what does that tell you about the very people you are defending?

Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
Good synopsis!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:50 AM

635 posts, read 1,559,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
You first...
You first..Are we in first grade?
Listen, I'll let you win whatever pride battle your trying to accomplish.
I came onto this thread with a differing opinion, and I received two spiteful posts from you. I apologized, and am trying hard to keep my cool. If you don't want to counter my argument, go find someone else to pick on.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:07 AM

273 posts, read 178,380 times
[quote=Synopsis;1893943]....
If the result of the citizens of this state and country as a whole is to close the borders and enforce the laws comes down to a war....quote]

It will not come to blows because illegals are cowards. Rather than admit their law breaking, they steal identities and hide in the shadows as the criminals they are.
They are scholastically uneducated, but street smart. They know how to scratch for every morsel of govt. assistance, avoid bill payments and take full advantage of free day care (our school systems).
When push comes to shove, however, they will whimper back to their homeland. When no sanctuary is left, or over-crowded, we can begin to eliminate and reselect those worthy of staying on American soil for the purpose of contributing to our great country in a productive capacity.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:23 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
There have been several schools broken into in one of our suburbs. The thieves bypassed the computers and even cash - they were after the kids' social security numbers!

Old 11-02-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
You first..Are we in first grade?
Listen, I'll let you win whatever pride battle your trying to accomplish.
I came onto this thread with a differing opinion, and I received two spiteful posts from you. I apologized, and am trying hard to keep my cool. If you don't want to counter my argument, go find someone else to pick on.
You're the one picking on people. I didn't see an apology, I saw a passive-aggressive attack.

Don't ever talk to me again, I'm not interested in anything you have to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or