U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,975,501 times
Reputation: 533

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
There have been several schools broken into in one of our suburbs. The thieves bypassed the computers and even cash - they were after the kids' social security numbers!
And who would need SSNs? Yup...illegals. "They're not hurting anyone!" "They're not breaking any laws!" Yeah, right.

 
Old 11-02-2007, 01:03 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
"Give up their illegals?" Are you referring to illegals as our slaves? And "a war" could start because we want to enforce our laws? Do you actually LIKE the idea of anarchy? That sounds like what you are preaching.

If the result of the citizens of this state and country as a whole is to close the borders and enforce the laws comes down to a war, what does that tell you about the very people you are defending?

You could say that although it wouldnt be 100% accurate. We see this with the states that don't want to pass the anti-immigration laws because it would hurt their economy. For example California's Agricultural economy huge, I think its about $40 Billion dollar a year industry here. Why would they remove something that would hurt them in the long run? Again, the whole illegal debate is purely economic. Some of these facts can be paralleled to those of the South and the North.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,975,501 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
You could say that although it wouldnt be 100% accurate. We see this with the states that don't want to pass the anti-immigration laws because it would hurt their economy. For example California's Agricultural economy huge, I think its about $40 Billion dollar a year industry here. Why would they remove something that would hurt them in the long run? Again, the whole illegal debate is purely economic. Some of these facts can be paralleled to those of the South and the North.
So...you're in favor of the agribusiness industry continuing to exploit illegal labor so they can increase their profits...cos you're sure as hell not seeing any savings in the store. Oh wait, your mommy buys all your food, so what do you care? This is all theoretical to you anyway. Just wait until you start paying your own bills.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 01:14 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
So...you're in favor of the agribusiness industry continuing to exploit illegal labor so they can increase their profits...cos you're sure as hell not seeing any savings in the store. Oh wait, your mommy buys all your food, so what do you care? This is all theoretical to you anyway. Just wait until you start paying your own bills.
I'm simply stating facts. Obviously you can answer that question as you can see that California has not taken anti-illegal measures.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,975,501 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm simply stating facts. Obviously you can answer that question as you can see that California has not taken anti-illegal measures.
Kid, you wouldn't know a fact if it landed on your face and started to wiggle.

I'm tired of indulging you. You need to earn some real life experience...until then, I'm not really prepared to listen to anything you have to say. I don't care what your teachers told you. Once you get into the real world, you'll see how wrong some of them were...and you'll learn a hell of a lot more about the world by having to take care of yourself than you could ever learn in any classroom.

I remember being your age, and I thought I knew everything too. The older you get, the more you'll see how foolish high school/college students can actually sound to the rest of us.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Kid, you wouldn't know a fact if it landed on your face and started to wiggle.

I'm tired of indulging you. You need to earn some real life experience...until then, I'm not really prepared to listen to anything you have to say. I don't care what your teachers told you. Once you get into the real world, you'll see how wrong some of them were...and you'll learn a hell of a lot more about the world by having to take care of yourself than you could ever learn in any classroom.

I remember being your age, and I thought I knew everything too. The older you get, the more you'll see how foolish high school/college students can actually sound to the rest of us.
I thought I knew it all as well. So much so I had a kid thinking I was smart enough to know what it was like. Not even close, smart smack in the face with reality. My son during highschool, learned from what we went through, losing our business and home and all. He is very anit-illegal now, he lives in AZ and had a terrible time trying to find work. People just dont hire honest teenagers anymore. Too expensive!!
 
Old 11-02-2007, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
185 posts, read 319,555 times
Reputation: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Calling Mexicans "Messicans" is pretty racist wouldn't you agree?

I think you are over-reacting. First of all Mexican isn't a race. Second of all Mexico has waged war on America in the form of tens of millions of disenfranchised citizens. American citizens are being raped and killed everyday. Hospitals being bankrupt by Mexicans, the school system is overwhelmed by Mexicans, etc., etc.

Their ACTIONS are horrendous, Mexicans are destrying America but you're offended by one little WORD?!

Oklahoma has done a wonderful thing, it may be an indication the we are switching from the defensive to the offensive which is way overdue. Hopefully this will have a domino effect as illegals flood neighboring states to the point where the problem can't be ignored anymore and they will have to pass similar laws. If all goes well they will end up being shoved right out of the country and forced to fix their own.

This whole issue is simple to me. It's balance. Light and dark, hot and cold, American citizens and illegal aliens.

Turn on the light it counters the dark, Turn up the heat it defeats the cold. Reward illegals and American citizens suffer.

As I've told my senators many times, put the needs of tax paying citizens ahead of illegal aliens. Is there anything wrong with that formula?

It just gets me how people think they can waltz across the border and demand things overnight that American citizens have to work a lifetime for.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 01:44 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
Reputation: 6264
I know hispanics who say that. In fact I have seen these shirts people wear which say, "Not Latino" "Not Chicano" "Not Hispanic" "MEXICAN!"
 
Old 11-02-2007, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
2,721 posts, read 7,476,362 times
Reputation: 1063
When people ask me what nationality I am, I answer with "American". Although I explain that my country of birth is the Philippines and a proud citizen of the United States. I denounce any alligience to my former nation and vow to protect and obey the laws of the USA like any good citizen would (If anyone has been naturalized, you have to swear to protect and obey the laws of the USA).

Realistically, my race is Hispanic or they call it White Hispanic because my blood line comes from Spain but I wouldn't every say I'm Hispanic. I'm just confused though? am I accurate with this?

Good job Oklahoma! Its a slow start, but I hope it spreads to the other 49.
 
Old 11-02-2007, 02:21 PM
 
336 posts, read 758,755 times
Reputation: 346
Default This Is My Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
It's unfortunate that most of the illegals are from Mexico, so hispanics get a bad rap.

Also, when the illegals march in our streets with Mexican flags, it creates hatred toward Mexicans. We don't like people who come in DEMANDING "rights" when they're not even supposed to be here. So, again, they make other law-abiding, legal hispanics look bad.
WHEN I FIRST CAME TO CALIF.,IN THE EARLY 70'S. ILLEGALS WERE BELOVED.THEY KEPT A LOW PROFILE ,THEIR CHILDREN LEARNED ENGLISH IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND WOULD ASK FOR THINGS AND OFFER TO WORK OR SPEAK IN BEHALF OF THEIR PARENTS. MY SON WENT TO PUBLIC CALIF. SCHOOLS.THE CLASSES WERE SLOWED DOWN BECAUSE OF THE LANGUAGE BARRIER. BUT, I NEVER HEARD ANY HATE OR ANGER. MOST EVERYONE WANTED TO HELP THEM AND NEVER WAS THERE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM LIVING AMONG THE NEIGHBORHOODS.THEY WERE EVERYWHERE ,BUT THE DIFFERENCE WAS AND IS THE HUMBLENESS AND GRATITUDE, IT'S GONE. TODAY, IT IS A DEMAND FROM THE ILLEGAL THAT WE SHOULD,NOT THAT WE COULD...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top