U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Please. Instead of running, my family sent me to a majority hispanic high school, which was also had a large number of blacks as well as other races. I am a 25 year volunteer at the school and am also on the PTA board.

Nearly half my Christmas card list is Spanish surnames. I talk to a couple of them at least once per week.

I take offense to being described as part of a hate group.
It is my opinion and I stand by it. You try to sit there and have stereotypes slung at your people on a public forum, tell me what you would label it as?

Anyways I don't hold anger for those who have hatred, it is their burden. I simply like to think a few of us have brought our perspectives on this problem and hopefully some balance along with it.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,965,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Yes there are always a few, but when I stumbled upon this forum the first time I remember thinking this is a group that hates us hispanics.

Oh dear. See, your first problem is that you cast your net too widely.

"Hispanics" aren't the problem, nor the focus of most of the indignation.

Illegals of any kind - but most specifically, illegals who flaunt their illegality and demand accomodation - are the problem. Be they Haitian, Mexican, Guatemalan, Indian or Russian.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:16 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times
Quote:
Because without us few, this place would be a hate pit. It has gotten so much better in the last 45 days since GHOST, ProLogic, greatbasinguide, Travelling Fella, myself and others have arrived to add our "less angry" perspectives.
So say you. I find some of the people on that list to be flame-baiters.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
ProLogic you should report that Bad Rep to Yac or markablue. That is wrong.
I think they'd get sick of me if I whined about every bogus bad rep I get. I've only complained once to them for all the neg reps I've gotten.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
It is my opinion and I stand by it. You try to sit there and have stereotypes slung at your people on a public forum, tell me what you would label it as?

Anyways I don't hold anger for those who have hatred, it is their burden. I simply like to think a few of us have brought our perspectives on this problem and hopefully some balance along with it.
Please...all you're doing is hating on us by calling us racists. I don't consider name-calling to be a worthy different "perspective".

Old 11-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Please...all you're doing is hating on us by calling us racists. I don't consider name-calling to be a worthy different "perspective".
So that is all I have done is call people racist? Are you kidding me?

Old 11-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
So that is all I have done is call people racist? Are you kidding me?
Besides whining that illegals don't cost the US government any money and that we somehow owe them rights...yeah, what do you contribute?

Old 11-01-2007, 02:22 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Come on Nea1 you are a reasonable person. 45 days ago there were threads in here that just blaintly complained about Hispanics with all of the common stereotypes (which we still see on occasion, newest name :" Messicans")

2) They park in my lawn

This forum has become much more of a discussion amongst for and against.
Perhaps I'm the one guilty of the "park on the lawn" slur---(I believe I said "they park on THE lawn", not "mine")...This is a long-standing joke among my wife and her sisters, and as I recall, I used it in jest as a "barb" aimed at GHOST's rambling accusations. (I think I also accused illegals of "making the Border Patrol look foolish")..

It's my fault that I didn't make my "sarcasm" plain. These points were made in jest. As I recall, ProLogic "nailed" me, I answered him, and I thought no harm was done.

Didn't mean to spread "hate".....sometimes my "sense of humor" is misunderstood.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Perhaps I'm the one guilty of the "park on the lawn" slur---(I believe I said "they park on THE lawn", not "mine")...This is a long-standing joke among my wife and her sisters, and as I recall, I used it in jest as a "barb" aimed at GHOST's rambling accusations. (I think I also accused illegals of "making the Border Patrol look foolish")..

It's my fault that I didn't make my "sarcasm" plain. These points were made in jest. As I recall, ProLogic "nailed" me, I answered him, and I thought no harm was done.

Didn't mean to spread "hate".....sometimes my "sense of humor" is misunderstood.
There was an entire thread about it, and it was serious, not humor. I don't want to go dig it up either.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Besides whining that illegals don't cost the US government any money and that we somehow owe them rights...yeah, what do you contribute?
What do you contribute? What does anyone contribute to this forum except whining?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or