Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 12:03 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,083,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
How would it feel to live in an area where the illegals are the majority, gather on the sidewalks drinking, pee in the streets and hallways, and throw their garbage from the window? How about being afraid to walk to the store because of the gang violence and robbery? Your kid can't go out because she's followed by a group of young men that cajole and make comments on her physical attributes? I am not racist, I am sick of the overcrowded (10 people in a 2 bedroom apt.) and dirty conditions. A woman I KNOW played the system (she bragged about it). She has a baby, goes on welfare and hits up all the local charities, while her "husband" and "brother in laws" live there. Through Liheap, she got a free (new) Fridge. She rented so she had the fridge shipped to her mother,.. In El Salvadore. I'm glad I didn't have to stay there long.
If the illegals would just follow the laws the rest of us must obey there would be much less rancor. Unfortunately it seems when you break the law of coming here illegally and then you find you can keep breaking laws because everyone is afraid to be called racist - the law means nothing anymore.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:16 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,361,266 times
JesusisLord, this is for you:
Did you know that OU ranks at the top in the nation per capita among all comprehensive public universities in National Merit Scholars?
Did you know that OU ranks in the top five public universities in the United States in the graduation of Rhodes Scholars since the scholarship was established?
Did you know that OU ranks in the top 15 public universities in the United States in private endowment per student?
Oklahoma set "The Gold Standard" after the Murrah bombing and is now teaching other states how to deal with major tragedies.
Oklahoma is the only state prepared to handle an outbreak such as the "bird flu". (May 2007 Prevention magazine)
In other words, know something about what you are talking about before you "speak."

Old 11-01-2007, 12:28 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,463,432 times
OK's Governor is also known to be very Anti-Native Indian:

YouTube - Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry, Racist

Petition Against Anti-Indian Racism in Oklahoma

Quote:
Dear Governor Henry, Oklahoma Legislature, Elected Officials and 2006 Candidates for Public Office:

One Nation United is an anti-sovereignty "front group" sponsored by businesses and industry in Oklahoma which seeks to abrogate legally-binding intergovernmental agreements, so these businesses can make profits at the expense of Oklahoma's 39 Indian Tribes and Nations.

One Nation United uses scare tactics and bullying against elected public officials in the media to harm elected public servants, and to harm candidates for public office who do not push their racist agenda.

This Petition is to request that Oklahoma's elected officials and candidates for office please say NO to One Nation United's lobbying, media, and campaign finance funding offers.

It is also to request that you reject One Nation United's demand for the use of state resources for anti-Indian legislation, anti-Indian campaigns, so-called "enforcements" against Indian Nations and their businesses and citizen smoke shops for PILT not owed, renegotiations of valid compacts, and other efforts to take away or diminish rights which have been given by Treaties, or compacted-for in intergovernmental agreements, to the Indian Nations within Oklahoma.

Please say no to One Nation, and in return, we the undersigned will not permit ourselves to be swayed by One Nation's press releases, criticisms, advertisements, and attempts to influence the public with their racist agenda.

Please take a moment to read about this important issue, and join me in
signing the petition. It takes just 30 seconds, but can truly make a
difference. We are trying to reach 1,000 signatures - please sign here:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/128408562

Once you have signed, you can help even more by asking your friends and
family to sign as well.

Thank you!

Old 11-01-2007, 12:38 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,504,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
OK's Governor is also known to be very Anti-Native Indian:

YouTube - Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry, Racist

Petition Against Anti-Indian Racism in Oklahoma

Just what has this got to do with the illegal immigration issue? Trying to discredit the man because you don't like the law or what?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:42 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,133,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
NativeDallasSite,

I don't consider Texas to be the South in terms of slavery and poor treatment of blacks. Texas had slavery for 50 years, while other states had slavery for 200+ years. States like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, have rampant rates of poverty among people of all colors much moreso than Texas. The consequences of poor treatment of certain peoples, including illegal alien criminal invaders, are serious. If your going to be a Texan tough guy and put your spur to my neck this conversation is not worth it, but if you can pull yourself out of macho land, we can have a peaceful debate.
I'm a woman, and the name is nativeDallasite. N-A-T-I-V-E-D-A-L-L-A-S-I-T-E.

Now, try again...politely.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:42 PM

640 posts, read 460,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Oh please, I live here and you are full of it. My friends and I are neither racist or ignorant. Diversity abounds.
Thank you, Jess5. I live in Oklahoma, too. Norman, to be exact. Talk about diversity ~ we've got it! Do we have some racist and ignorant people? Sure. A few are still around; just like they are around in every town and city in every state in the union...

DON'T target Oklahoma because we are making progress in the war on illegal immigrants taking over our state! Anyone is welcome here as long as they do it they LEGAL way! This is NOT about racism; it is about obeying the laws of this land. Plain and simple. Period.

Last edited by Sooner_Nation_60; 11-01-2007 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-01-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Just what has this got to do with the illegal immigration issue? Trying to discredit the man because you don't like the law or what?
Well Jess5 was giving us all the random pro's of Oklahoma, I thought I would throw a leveler out there.

Yes, from what I have read about the Governor of OK, I would move to discredit him.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Well Jess5 was giving us all the random pro's of Oklahoma, I thought I would throw a leveler out there.

Yes, from what I have read about the Governor of OK, I would move to discredit him.
Don't you live in California? How's governor Schwarzenegger (with family ties to the Nazi party) working out for you? I mean, really...anyone from the same state that elected Ah-nuld governor really doesn't have room to criticize.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Don't you live in California? How's governor Schwarzenegger (with family ties to the Nazi party) working out for you? I mean, really...anyone from the same state that elected Ah-nuld governor really doesn't have room to criticize.
That was his father right? So now it is ok to use ancient history when it best serves you?

Arnold doesn't behave like a Nazi now, isn't that all that matters?

Old 11-01-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
That was his father right? So now it is ok to use ancient history when it best serves you?

Arnold doesn't behave like a Nazi now, isn't that all that matters?
Can't take it, don't dish it out. Oh, and if you get to go off-topic...I do too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.