Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:46 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Utter nonsense for most people. If there is any antagonism towards any Hispanic-Americans it is because they are putting their ethnic group above our immigration laws. I couldn't care less about someone's skin color.
I never mentioned you, yet you assumed the charge was levied against thee.

Thou doth protest too much or as they say in the south, a hit dog always holla

Old 05-06-2013, 04:12 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
The hatred is also towards American born Hispanics. I think it has something to do with skin color.
The issue is with children born here to illegals, that they should not receive BRC since a) the illegals are not resident of any state, b) they hold no legality or legal residence in the US, c) no state recognizes the illegal nor does the federal govt as a legal resident or citizen.

I think you and the OP are using race to make an issue that isn't there.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:46 PM

62,940 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
I never mentioned you, yet you assumed the charge was levied against thee.

Thou doth protest too much or as they say in the south, a hit dog always holla
I never said you were singling me out initially. However, I replied to your post with the truth. And now with your last sentence you are singling me out and implying that I am lying or what?

Old 05-06-2013, 04:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
I don't feel any of us hate them just to hate them and it is not hate but a cocnern for the welfare of our Country.

I feel that ancestors mine and others from the past who went thru hell and high water to get here by the way with sometimes nothing in their pockets. Got flack from americans back then, and went thru hell to fine work, were made fun off, beleive me i heard all the stories my ITALIAN ANCESTORS went thru. They were not pleasant.

But they as other people's ancestors were persistient in their fight to become American Citizens, did learn the ENGLISH LANGUAGE no matter how long it took broken english and all. This is the slap in the face to all of them, and those who believed in doing things right.

So many of us do not have a problem with immigrants coming to this Country with pride, and becoming legalized citizens of this Country. It is lawbreakers, call them whatever you wish, the name will always be the same, people who beleive in breaking the law to achieve their dream. There is the right way and the wrong way of doing things, which do you most associate yourselfs with.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
The issue is with children born here to illegals, that they should not receive BRC since a) the illegals are not resident of any state, b) they hold no legality or legal residence in the US, c) no state recognizes the illegal nor does the federal govt as a legal resident or citizen.

I think you and the OP are using race to make an issue that isn't there.
Those children are American citizens, even if their parents are not.

Still, the hatred isn't confined to American born of illegals, it's also geared towards generally all Hispanics, except the self loathing types.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:17 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Assumption based on mere policy in the FAM.

Quote:
Still, the hatred isn't confined to American born of illegals, it's also geared towards generally all Hispanics, except the self loathing types.
What you calim to be hatred really isn't. California Jewell explained it quite well.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
The hatred is also towards American born Hispanics. I think it has something to do with skin color.
Uh; the why is there LESS prejudice against American Indians, "brown" Italians and so on compared to SOME "Hispanics"? I've mixed all of them up by mistake going by looks. Sheesh!

Old 05-06-2013, 06:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:

What is a "self loathing" Hispanic? I think I know what you're gonna say but I want to hear it from you.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 PM

62,940 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:

Who are you to label what emotions one feels? You cannot get inside anyone's heads and hearts to determine that for yourself. Hate is just one of those ridiculous false labels that pro-illegals put on anyone who merely objects to illegal immigration and amnesty and you know it. Then they also try to stretch their accusations to include the entire Hispanic population. I wish your side would stop that. It is unfair and untrue and very offensive.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; the why is there LESS prejudice against American Indians, "brown" Italians and so on compared to SOME "Hispanics"? I've mixed all of them up by mistake going by looks. Sheesh!
Native Americans have been almost wiped off the face of this country, the few that do exist live on reservations, don't tell me that's not prejudice. Most Italian Americans are not that naturally dark, maybe Sicilians, but not mainland Italians, and it's not just about skin color, it's also about facial features.

There was a lot of discrimination against Italians in the 20's and 30's, until the xenophobes realized that they were Europeans, and thus White.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration