U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-08-2013, 04:54 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Reputation: 299

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
Like what? There is no secret government organization that gives illegal immigrants free healthcare and tax refunds.


If you're illegal, then you lack state and federal-issued IDs. How can you get food stamps if you don't have IDs, unless the government workers are handing them out like candy to whoever asks?

What's to stop American citizens and legal immigrants from doing what the illegal immigrants are doing? Don't say something stupid like "Americans don't break the law", because a lot of them do. I suspect that an illegal immigrant can only get food stamps if they have a child who is a U.S. citizen. If their children are also illegal then they can't get them.
In most cases they would have to have a US born child, in some cases they don't need that US born child, each State is different. Illegals do obtain an ITIN issued Federal Id number for tax filings, so yes they get to claim credits on their taxes, which usually ends up being a negative tax owed and they receive back more than they may have had withheld from any paychecks they may have received. This is all old news, if you took the half minute to look it up you wouldn't be here making claims you obviously haven't a clue about.

LPR's can't obtain welfare for atleast 5 years, unless they have a child here within that time or they are in a state that allows them to receive simply based on residency. There are also other waivers that allow them to obtain welfare prior to their 5 year time.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 05-08-2013 at 05:07 PM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Sco
 
4,259 posts, read 4,084,280 times
Reputation: 3352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
In most cases they would have to have a US born child, in some cases they don't need that US born child, each State is different. Illegals do obtain an ITIN issued Federal Id number for tax filings, so yes they get to claim credits on their taxes, which usually ends up being a negative tax owed and they receive back more than they may have had withheld from any paychecks they may have received. This is all old news, if you took the half minute to look it up you wouldn't be here making claims you obviously haven't a clue about.

LPR's can't obtain welfare for atleast 5 years, unless they have a child here within that time or they are in a state that allows them to receive simply based on residency. There are also other waivers that allow them to obtain welfare prior to their 5 year time.
What does a tax return and tax credits have to do with this thread which is about food stamps?

The simple answer is that absent fraud undocumented workers do not receive food stamps. Their American citizen children may be eligible just like any other American citizen. Simply stated this thread is based on a lie.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
What does a tax return and tax credits have to do with this thread which is about food stamps?

The simple answer is that absent fraud undocumented workers do not receive food stamps. Their American citizen children may be eligible just like any other American citizen. Simply stated this thread is based on a lie.
And an old lie at that...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2013, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And an old lie at that...
I believe as a nation we can not afford to allow any child to starve within our borders. All who know me know my stand on illegal immigration. The child is innocent of the sins of the parent. That said illegals applying for food stamps for their citizen children need to be reported taken into custody and then deported. They have the option of taking their children with them or placing their children into foster care.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2013, 05:59 PM
 
31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I believe as a nation we can not afford to allow any child to starve within our borders. All who know me know my stand on illegal immigration. The child is innocent of the sins of the parent. That said illegals applying for food stamps for their citizen children need to be reported taken into custody and then deported. They have the option of taking their children with them or placing their children into foster care.
I agree. The parents should have to be the qualifier and therefore they would have to produce papers to prove they are legally in this country when they apply for food stamps, etc. on behalf of their U.S. born kids. The parents should be reported and deported and if they truly love their minor kids they will take them with them. Of course, since Obama has stated that no illegals shall be deported unless they have been convicted of a felony we will be stuck with the whole family anyway .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2013, 06:15 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
What does a tax return and tax credits have to do with this thread which is about food stamps?

The simple answer is that absent fraud undocumented workers do not receive food stamps. Their American citizen children may be eligible just like any other American citizen. Simply stated this thread is based on a lie.
I was responding to a claim as made. Don't like it, don't attempt to butt in.

Illegals can receive welfare, state dependent. Simply stated, you haven't really much of a clue, you look to make accusations as if you are some sort of expert, clearly you aren't. You might do better sitting on the sidelines reading and learning as things are posted.

WIC is food vouchers (food stamps) and illegals qualify based on their income, no US born child required. WIC for Illegal Immigrants | WIC woes

What you seem to be arguing is SNAP which would require a US born child for an illegal to receive or fraud by way of documents.

Now care to retract your comment or do I need to further educate you?

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 05-08-2013 at 07:27 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2013, 06:19 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And an old lie at that...
Old lie? It only takes the stolen or forged SS card they are using, in some states one only needs a DL or proof of residence by way of a rental agreement or utility bill, to apply for and receive welfare, hell some even use their ITIN numbers to obtain welfare. WIC has no requirements other than a child under the age of 5.

Nothing old about it, simple facts that some wish to deny or "overlook" for their own convenience.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 05-08-2013 at 06:53 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2013, 06:23 PM
 
1,000 posts, read 879,847 times
Reputation: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The babies you refer to are United States citizens. Another case of the nativists playing fast and loose with the facts. I guess a thread titled "American citizens get food stamps by the vanload" wouldn't have been as dramatic though.
This ^^^^
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2013, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I believe as a nation we can not afford to allow any child to starve within our borders. All who know me know my stand on illegal immigration. The child is innocent of the sins of the parent. That said illegals applying for food stamps for their citizen children need to be reported taken into custody and then deported. They have the option of taking their children with them or placing their children into foster care.
Your position is very well stated, Thank You. Is anyone else having a hard time believing a single case worker relating stories of "vanloads" of illegal aliens in Tampa, Florida and Indiana in the 1980's? Or think that it is relevant to the current SNAP program some 25 years later, being heavily changed during different administrations in the interim?

There seems to be some other 'complications' to the story that I'm not going to reveal for now, stay tuned...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2013, 06:24 PM
 
1,000 posts, read 879,847 times
Reputation: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I believe as a nation we can not afford to allow any child to starve within our borders. All who know me know my stand on illegal immigration. The child is innocent of the sins of the parent. That said illegals applying for food stamps for their citizen children need to be reported taken into custody and then deported. They have the option of taking their children with them or placing their children into foster care.
I personally have no issue with my tax dollars feeding kids. Better than starting wars for oil.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top