Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,870,057 times

Advertisements

So far Obama continues to get his ass kicked around by Republicans on almost every issue. Pretty much like he did in the first term. He kisses up to them and they punch him in the eyes! But on the amnesty issue, he needs to find some spine and let the Republicans know who the boss is.
I would advise him to find every Republican that comes from primarily agri states. Then he needs to make a map of every farm in that Congressman's district. Bring the Congressman in and show him the map and simply tell him either you vote with me on this OR the INS together with a massive law enforcement effort is going to swoop into these farms on this map right at the height of harvest time and we are going to arrest and deport every illegal we find there together with the owners of these farms. So Mr. Congressman, you have a choice to make. You can listen to Rush Limbaugh or you can listen to the farmers in your districts who are going to be might unhappy when their crops are rotting in the fields because all their help has been carted back to Mexico.
If Obama put the heat on enough of them, they will see things his way on the immigration issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 12:48 PM

62,736 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
So far Obama continues to get his ass kicked around by Republicans on almost every issue. Pretty much like he did in the first term. He kisses up to them and they punch him in the eyes! But on the amnesty issue, he needs to find some spine and let the Republicans know who the boss is.
I would advise him to find every Republican that comes from primarily agri states. Then he needs to make a map of every farm in that Congressman's district. Bring the Congressman in and show him the map and simply tell him either you vote with me on this OR the INS together with a massive law enforcement effort is going to swoop into these farms on this map right at the height of harvest time and we are going to arrest and deport every illegal we find there together with the owners of these farms. So Mr. Congressman, you have a choice to make. You can listen to Rush Limbaugh or you can listen to the farmers in your districts who are going to be might unhappy when their crops are rotting in the fields because all their help has been carted back to Mexico.
If Obama put the heat on enough of them, they will see things his way on the immigration issue.

I guess you aren't aware that there are already unlimited H-2A visas for agricultural workers then? The farmers/growers are but they want to increase their profits and bypass rules to protect their foreign workers so they hire illegals instead. Then they cry there is shortage of farm workers and that their crops are rotting on the vines when they create their own demise. Aren't you also aware that only 3-4% of illegals are working on farms but the rest are doing jobs Americans will do? Obama doesn't have a case to make for amnesty because we don't need these people. Aren't you glad you know the truth now?

Old 05-06-2013, 01:00 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,870,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess you aren't aware that there are already unlimited H-2A visas for agricultural workers then? The farmers/growers are but they want to increase their profits and bypass rules to protect their foreign workers so they hire illegals instead. Then they cry there is shortage of farm workers and that their crops are rotting on the vines when they create their own demise. Aren't you also aware that only 3-4% of illegals are working on farms but the rest are doing jobs Americans will do? Obama doesn't have a case to make for amnesty because we don't need these people. Aren't you glad you know the truth now?
I have never seen illegals doing a job Americans wanted to do. Most Americans are lazy. We don't like getting hot, cold, wet or dirty and we think $8 an hour is beneath us even if we have no education or skills.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I have never seen illegals doing a job Americans wanted to do. Most Americans are lazy. We don't like getting hot, cold, wet or dirty and we think $8 an hour is beneath us even if we have no education or skills.
What a ridiculous and false statement to make about Americans. "Most" Americans are lazy? Aren't you an American? Illegals haven't done construction, landscaping, restaurant work, etc.? You must be joking. Americans have always done those jobs. Who do you think did them before our country was flooded with cheap, illegal workers? Many of those jobs paid a lot more than $8.00 an hour before they came here. Many of those jobs were entry level jobs for our American youth also. You really need to seek out the truth for yourself instead of spouting non-truths.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:58 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,071,055 times
Quote:
Who the boss is? You might try learning about why we have 3 branches of Govt.

You might come to realize the D's have many farms, Pelosi, Heinz (John Kerry) come to mind right off the top of my head.

This topic is hilarious....this is what happens when the OP doesn't understand anything about what they are discussing.

Stay in school kids.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:36 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,133,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Who the boss is? You might try learning about why we have 3 branches of Govt.

You might come to realize the D's have many farms, Pelosi, Heinz (John Kerry) come to mind right off the top of my head.

This topic is hilarious....this is what happens when the OP doesn't understand anything about what they are discussing.

Stay in school kids.
This thread is Obamabot propoganda. Democratic comedy central.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,867,636 times
Quote:
Uh; I don't know where you live but here in Bullhead City I see LOTS of anglo white people, even older ones, making that 8 an hour so that kills your opinion that we "need" illegal aliens. Sheesh!

Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,651,972 times
Quote:
Like the illegal working in NJ Senator Mendez office

Old 05-08-2013, 05:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,184,820 times
Quote:
Odd very odd but where I live you don't see a lot of immigrants doing landscaping, working the local dairy farms, working on garbage trucks etc. I submit that illegals can work for $8 an hour because they don't have to pay taxes on that money. Many live multi family in a single family dwelling. Your right most Americans wont do these things, just as most Americans don't enter countries illegally, commit tax fraud, ID theft, ID fraud or drive without a license and insurance.
Now I have heard of illegals doing jobs Americans will do. Like the local meat plant where Americans worked and one of them blew the whistle on the illegals. Construction jobs that are being lowballed by illegals.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Odd very odd but where I live you don't see a lot of immigrants doing landscaping, working the local dairy farms, working on garbage trucks etc. I submit that illegals can work for $8 an hour because they don't have to pay taxes on that money. Many live multi family in a single family dwelling. Your right most Americans wont do these things, just as most Americans don't enter countries illegally, commit tax fraud, ID theft, ID fraud or drive without a license and insurance.
Now I have heard of illegals doing jobs Americans will do. Like the local meat plant where Americans worked and one of them blew the whistle on the illegals. Construction jobs that are being lowballed by illegals.
Actually, Americans will do landscaping, work on dairy farms and garbage trucks. They always have. It is just that illegals have taken over a lot of these jobs because they work cheaper and if paying them in cash they won't be paying income taxes. You're right about the construction industry also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration