Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 12:39 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times

Advertisements

Obama wants to ban guns but not illegals stealing from the system? Another reason we can't trust the government nor this immigration reform bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Hard to compete with obama-claus.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Hard to compete with obama-claus.
Which party was in power for almost all of the '80s?...

Food stamps were even heavily adjusted under Clinton, who stop all immigrant (even legal) access to them in 1996. Bush II turned it back on. But don't let such details get in the way of a good rant.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:47 PM

938 posts, read 1,514,513 times
I have trouble believing that illegals can get food stamps easier than Americans and legal immigrants can.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:33 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
I have trouble believing that illegals can get food stamps easier than Americans and legal immigrants can.
Easier....I would say just as easy.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
They have more babies -- babies bring food stamps. These aren't people who were capable of making it in their own country where the cost of living is very low, they certainly aren't making it without all kinds of government handouts here where the cost of living is extremely high. Most illegals lack an education and the job skills needed to earn a decent living here -- or back in their own country.

Of course it's harder for legal immigrants (at least those that are employer sponsored) to get food stamps. Family sponsored legal immigrants of course can be indigent and unskilled which gets them food stamps.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:20 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,916 times
Quote:
Really ? Try parking across the street from your local DHS office (about the 1st of the month) and count
the number of illegals & their kid's standing in line. Next, go look in the parking lot & count all the men
setting in ford f-150 pickups. I'll bet the numbers correlate.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:49 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Why? They get everything else.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:58 AM

938 posts, read 1,514,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC
Why? They get everything else.
Like what? There is no secret government organization that gives illegal immigrants free healthcare and tax refunds.

If you're illegal, then you lack state and federal-issued IDs. How can you get food stamps if you don't have IDs, unless the government workers are handing them out like candy to whoever asks?

What's to stop American citizens and legal immigrants from doing what the illegal immigrants are doing? Don't say something stupid like "Americans don't break the law", because a lot of them do. I suspect that an illegal immigrant can only get food stamps if they have a child who is a U.S. citizen. If their children are also illegal then they can't get them.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They have more babies -- babies bring food stamps. These aren't people who were capable of making it in their own country where the cost of living is very low, they certainly aren't making it without all kinds of government handouts here where the cost of living is extremely high. Most illegals lack an education and the job skills needed to earn a decent living here -- or back in their own country.

Of course it's harder for legal immigrants (at least those that are employer sponsored) to get food stamps. Family sponsored legal immigrants of course can be indigent and unskilled which gets them food stamps.
The babies you refer to are United States citizens. Another case of the nativists playing fast and loose with the facts. I guess a thread titled "American citizens get food stamps by the vanload" wouldn't have been as dramatic though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration