Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:50 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,778,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Do you suppose these illegal-alien advocates know that more than 100 hospitals in the four border states adjoining Mexico, have CLOSED after running out of money, from giving out free treatment to the thousands of illegal aliens who came in to their emergency rooms, year after year?

Where are those illegal aliens going to get their "free" medical treatment now?

BTW, where are the hardworking taxpayers going to get theirs, now? Closed is closed.
You illegal-alien advocates also know, don't you, that diseases like Tuberculosis and Polio, which had been largely eradicated in the U.S., are now making a major comeback here as illegal aliens come in while skirting the routine checks all immigrants used to get, for infectious diseases.

But you folks knew all about that, didn't you.

Is that something we should count as "What illegal aliens have done for America"? Or not?

Aztlan Rising - YouTube[/quote]

Old 05-07-2013, 02:55 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
For literature, the Arts and especially the "Sciences"----Not just picking tomatoes or cutting lawns!
I am a citizen and have not contributed to any of this either.

So f*****g what?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:56 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
At the expense of the US workers that would be filling those jobs for better pay, someone has to pick the tomatoes and the pay scale will increase until someone takes those jobs.
Yet no one wants to go after the employers, just the employees, how convenient.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:02 PM

50,233 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet no one wants to go after the employers, just the employees, how convenient.
We want the Feds to go after all the law breakers but businesses apparently get a pass.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:05 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Okay, I'm someone who went to school. Got a job. Worked on education. So you are asking me to subsidize a "legal" american and pay him more than someone else because he was born here?

Quit with the entittlement. I am not a donation service. Look to church for that bucko. If someone wants to do a job cheaper than I'm all for the cheaper one (if quality same). I'm not going to subdize a bunch of teenagers or no-talent uneducated hipsters to pick tomatoes. Thats crap.
You're going off topic. The subject is illegal immigration. You woud hire an illegal immigrant against the laws of this country just to get a job done cheaper? So you would pass their social costs on to the rest of us? Only 3% of illegals are picking crops.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I do enjoy. Its awesome. Lets keep it up!

WTF do you call it unskilled. Unskilled = low pay

sounds fair to me. If you compete with a non-english speaking forigner for a job. . perhaps you should think about becoming skilled?
It is about the greed of the employer wanting to increase his profits. How does one compete with that? It has nothing to do with an American lacking the skills to do the job.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The growers have no choice, if the farm across the street is using illegal labor the only way they can remain competative is to utilize cheap illegal labor themselves.
Nothing justifies breaking the law. Report the neighbor then.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Nice try? I'm simply telling a story I heard. Is there a reason why you feel the need to make a rude comment? So you know for a fact that all those illegals out there are worthless & have done nothing to better society? What do they need to do for you to consider them not worthless & that they have bettered society?
What was rude about it? Speaking the truth is rude? I never said that all illegals are worthless but they certainly are all breaking the law and hardly any end up the way the guy you described did and that doesn't justify his breaking of the law either.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM

50,233 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're going off topic. The subject is illegal immigration. You woud hire an illegal immigrant against the laws of this country just to get a job done cheaper? So you would pass their social costs on to the rest of us? Only 3% of illegals are picking crops.
That right there is what I call greed. Every man for themselves attitude. They don't care we pick up the tab for what the employer should be paying. That does fit in with the Obama-ites "I got mine" attitude.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So you will quit eating veggies if they got high priced. I think you lie.

They won't increase much in price and that is what I told you. In fact when you factor in their social costs my 25 cent tomato will probably only cost me 20 cents if they weren't here doing the picking. The growers simply pocket the profits from cheap, illegal labor they don't pass the savings on to the consumer. And don't call me a liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.