Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:53 AM

265 posts, read 664,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
it is called TOUGH LOVE
Liberals have never heard of that concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 10:58 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
Liberals have never heard of that concept.
If anything big business Conservatives use the services provided by illegals (I see it in Newport Beach, CA all the time). Rich White Repubs hiring illegals for cheap labor to maximize their savings.

Liberals look out for the people and correct problems that money hungry conservatives create.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:59 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
If anything big business Conservatives use the services provided by illegals (I see it in Newport Beach, CA all the time). Rich White Repubs hiring illegals for cheap labor to maximize their savings.

Liberals look out for the people and correct problems that money hungry conservatives create.
The liberals dont seem to care to much about the American people. And I havent seen much of this correction.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Why be a liberal or be a conservative when you can have the best of both worlds? life isn't black and white

Progressive or Moderate isn't a bad option

Old 11-01-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Why be a liberal or be a conservative when you can have the best of both worlds? life isn't black and white

Progressive or Moderate isn't a bad option
Ok what would your solution be, and if Amnesty is in it at any point, you can forget it.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:03 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
The liberals dont seem to care to much about the American people. And I havent seen much of this correction.
Here we go with the "Liberals are Anti-American".

Old 11-01-2007, 11:05 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Quote:
Ok what would your solution be, and if Amnesty is in it at any point, you can forget it.
before reading my solutions it'd be nice if you could read this post, some food for thought only.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...migration.html

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

1 First of all, both governments Mexican and American need to sit down and have some serious talk and accept that this is an issue, where every player shares some of the blame, then they could coordinate their efforts and make an investigation in the areas that have heavily illegal immigration trends, they could use techniques similar to those that are used in marketing studies to find out, who's migrating and why to know exactly the causes and motives.

2 After finding that out and gathering some useful data perhaps both could come with a working plan to solve this problem, some ideas that came to mind are that being members of the Nafta, citizens of Mexico, USA and Canada should have some special privileges because whether we accept it or not, we all depend on each other, on the American side some working immigration reforms could be enacted like opening immigration offices in those places that immigrate heavily to the united states, people would be received and they would receive a detailed explanation on what they need to do to legally go and work in the USA, they should be examined for infectious diseases, their criminimal record investigated and they should fill out a form explaining their reasons to immigrate and explaining what skills do they have or what are the jobs they are interested in (agriculture, construction, etc)
maybe the mexican government could cooperate providing some assistance as well and start some english courses which would be a requisite to legal immigration.

3 A path to citizenship should be offered so people can have an incentive to assimilate and become Americans if that is their wish.

4 The Mexican government could ease our own immigration Laws for American and Canadian citizens, they should be able to buy and own land without any restriction, and they should have a way to legally come and work in Mexico as well, there are a lot of high tech good paying jobs here who could benefit from skilled American or Canadian workers who are interested in immigrating to Mexico

5 The mexican government also could open some offices in the United States to provide welfare services for those Mexicans that are currently working there, I read in the news not so long ago that the GDF (Mexico city's government) opened a Migrant House in Los Angeles, where Mexicans can Pay taxes and receive welfare services, this is a great idea imho.

Finally, I think that if it was easier for Mexicans to come and go freely to the United States a lot of people wouldn't stay most people does it because they do it illegally and it's very hard to arrive to America (a lot of people loose their lifes or end seriously injured or maimed because of this) so once they are there they stay because of fear but if it was easier for them to do it legally and in an ordered way most would just go work and come back, small rural communities that are migrant exporters would benefit from this and less people would have to immigrate because of hard conditions so most people would do it on their will rather than being forced to immigrate.

Those are the humble thoughts I had yesterday I hope someone finds them useful.

Love and Light!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Here we go with the "Liberals are Anti-American".
Did I say that? But I havent seen much else on this subject to show they for the citizens.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
1 First of all, both governments Mexican and American need to sit down and have some serious talk and accept that this is an issue, where every player shares some of the blame, then they could coordinate their efforts and make an investigation in the areas that have heavily illegal immigration trends, they could use techniques similar to those that are used in marketing studies to find out, who's migrating and why to know exactly the causes and motives.

2 After finding that out and gathering some useful data perhaps both could come with a working plan to solve this problem, some ideas that came to mind are that being members of the Nafta, citizens of Mexico, USA and Canada should have some special privileges because whether we accept it or not, we all depend on each other, on the American side some working immigration reforms could be enacted like opening immigration offices in those places that immigrate heavily to the united states, people would be received and they would receive a detailed explanation on what they need to do to legally go and work in the USA, they should be examined for infectious diseases, their criminimal record investigated and they should fill out a form explaining their reasons to immigrate and explaining what skills do they have or what are the jobs they are interested in (agriculture, construction, etc)
maybe the mexican government could cooperate providing some assistance as well and start some english courses which would be a requisite to legal immigration.

3 A path to citizenship should be offered so people can have an incentive to assimilate and become Americans if that is their wish.

4 The Mexican government could ease our own immigration Laws for American and Canadian citizens, they should be able to buy and own land without any restriction, and they should have a way to legally come and work in Mexico as well, there are a lot of high tech good paying jobs here who could benefit from skilled American or Canadian workers who are interested in immigrating to Mexico

5 The mexican government also could open some offices in the United States to provide welfare services for those Mexicans that are currently working there, I read in the news not so long ago that the GDF (Mexico city's government) opened a Migrant House in Los Angeles, where Mexicans can Pay taxes and receive welfare services, this is a great idea imho.

Finally, I think that if it was easier for Mexicans to come and go freely to the United States a lot of people wouldn't stay most people does it because they do it illegally and it's very hard to arrive to America (a lot of people loose their lifes or end seriously injured or maimed because of this) so once they are there they stay because of fear but if it was easier for them to do it legally and in an ordered way most would just go work and come back, small rural communities that are migrant exporters would benefit from this and less people would have to immigrate because of hard conditions so most people would do it on their will rather than being forced to immigrate.

Love and Light!
First off the Meican government will not work with us, they have already stated their opinion on the matter. No Amnesty at any point. I am all for work visas, but dont trust them to go back home, gee wonder why? We cannot make it too easy for anyone to become a citizen, opens to many doors to unwanted criminals. The process takes time for a reason.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
before reading my solutions it'd be nice if you could read this post, some food for thought only.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...migration.html

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

Love and Light!
And as far as economics is concerned. You dont just say, oh well we cant fix the problem because we may have to pay more for lettuce so lets leave it alone, billions are spent on illegals that is money we lose. There are ways around this for sure, people need to realize that. We did it for many years before the ilegals it can be done again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration