U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 06:51 AM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Who's gonna take care of my lawn?
How about yourself, legal immigrants or American workers? You have three choices there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
This is a section of fence at Nogales AZ

Now multiply nogales by 2000 miles of soutren border that looks like this...

The 15 mile fence at San Deigo CA cost around 1 million per mile.

That was in a urban area with all supplies close to hand.

Not to mention most of the land on the border is private property.

The fence is not build right on the "property line"....it is built 100 to 500 ft from the border cutting off ranchers land.

Logistics, cost
How can you put a price on the sovereingty of our country and its borders? How can you put a price on American lives lost due to a terrorist attack? And FYI, it costs a lot more tax dollars having illegal aliens here than it does to erect a wall along he most porous areas of our southern border. There never was a plan to erect a 2,000 mile wall as you are implying.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:05 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,547,847 times
This discussion is tedious. If we are the "guiding light of human development" then humans are heading in the wrong direction. Go ahead with the WALL so we will all have a place for our brick. Good luck.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
the building cost, being aone time cost of about 60 billion, maybe 2 billion a year in maintenance cost.

Keep in mind illegal immigration cost this nation about $150,000,000,000 to $250,000,000,000 a year in total costs of medical care, education, incarceration, lost taxes, wage suppression, social welfare benefits. as

Factor in the human cost being criminal and political in nature.
Thank you. A voice of reason without an unsavory agenda.

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-09-2013 at 07:15 AM..

Old 05-09-2013, 07:17 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,643,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetroof View Post
One of the most ignorant western nations is the arrow of human development? Hilarious

Guns are legal. That means the USA is still stuck in the Wild Wild West days. The founders of this nation were pretty smart. That 2nd Amendment keeps the government in check.

American Life is still centered around the automobile We like the convenience of being able to travel freely using our own vehicle, and not having to rely on public transportation.

Your economy resembles trickle down economics also known as horse and sparrow economics

Almost 2 outta every ten people are without health insurance

Crime, drugs and poverty are still an epidemic in 2013 The war on drugs is a failure.

You are still Imperialists fighting 3 wars in the last 20 years Many of us aren't happy about this or our current foreign policy either.

You can't even legally consume alcohol outside Well now, that depends. In a public park, or walking down a city street... No. On my patio, or walking through my neighborhood, which is private, yes.

Please, get yourself a passport and experience life off the USA island.
This country is large enough, and while I've been to or through at least 17 states, I want to see the rest of it, before going somewhere else. Currently, I have no burning desire to go to Europe. I mean, I'd like to see Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, and maybe The Netherlands. I'd also like to see Australia, and all of the Caribbean Islands. I have no desire to go to Asia.

I have been to Canada and The Bahamas.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This discussion is tedious. If we are the "guiding light of human development" then humans are heading in the wrong direction. Go ahead with the WALL so we will all have a place for our brick. Good luck.

I can see the advertisements on tv right now. Reserve your own personalized brick in the wall for only $599.99.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I can see the advertisements on tv right now. Reserve your own personalized brick in the wall for only $599.99.
Great idea! That would help fund the wall. What excuse would the naysayers use for not building it use then? It would be money well spent. Compare that to what each American worker has to pay on an annual basis supporting illegal aliens, the return of our jobs and decent wages for the American worker and it's a win win for us.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Great idea! That would help fund the wall. What excuse would the naysayers use for not building it use then?

I still can't get behind the idea of building a wall, because it just seems too much like an old Soviet Eastern Europe thing. What we need to do is cut off the gravy train that makes them come here in the first place. Like I've said before, I don't have an issue with those who wish to come here legally to live, but we shouldn't continue to give freebies to those who come here illegally, and won't even attempt to become a citizen of the US!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:03 AM

19,122 posts, read 21,367,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Are you proposing stationing UStroops along the border?
That would be illegal. Besides Border Patrol (etal), Pet Enforcement, the only other tax paid body that could be there legally and armed is National Guard.

The Military is out by the CONS...... A fact you liberals never seem to get. The Military can not operate with in the borders unless we have been attacked on our own soil.

Obama hasn't got the authority to call out NG either. Governors do that.

I for one don't like the fence...... I think the Mexicans should obey the LAW and apply like Euro peoples do.

Coming here illegally should just mean instant deportation and nothing to eat or drink while they wait for the gears of the burro cats to do something. That in fact would reduce the entire problem to a pile of dust with some bones, and we could us that for veggie bread, as all breads you don't make yourself contain bone meal dust. Get it, ZERO welfare for illegals.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 AM

11,780 posts, read 8,209,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I still can't get behind the idea of building a wall, because it just seems too much like an old Soviet Eastern Europe thing. What we need to do is cut off the gravy train that makes them come here in the first place. Like I've said before, I don't have an issue with those who wish to come here legally to live, but we shouldn't continue to give freebies to those who come here illegally, and won't even attempt to become a citizen of the US!
That would require getting rid of birthright citizenship or at least rewriting the amendment and reforming welfare programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration