U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 AM
 
8,101 posts, read 4,786,154 times
Reputation: 1578

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lmfao

Paranoia isn't healthy bro, lighten up.
Naivete isn't healthy bro.. wake up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 AM
 
Location: AZ
383 posts, read 515,090 times
Reputation: 221
Why can't we just run an electric fence that shocks the hell out of them and then place a bunch of agents on our side to, well target practice? Sounds good to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 01:21 AM
 
Location: Lost in Texas
9,833 posts, read 5,590,937 times
Reputation: 3399
In addition to the border fence along the Mexican border, I think we need to build one around the White House to keep the president and the first lady in the country and doing what WE pay them to do... Not vacation all over the world...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 04:15 AM
 
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11,269 posts, read 12,481,303 times
Reputation: 13422
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
In addition to the border fence along the Mexican border, I think we need to build one around the White House to keep the president and the first lady in the country and doing what WE pay them to do... Not vacation all over the world...
Fence:




Vacation:




I think the word you wanted was "bubble" or maybe "cage".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 05:52 AM
 
31,489 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
thats exactly my position....

at what point does it become a fence not to keep illegals out....but to keep us in?
Never. Paranoia, much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 AM
 
31,489 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
If you have ever seen the old Iron Curtin (i.e. The Frontier Fence and killing zone that used to be the East German Border) or put your hand on the Berlin Wall when it still existed before 1989 and felt a feeling of forboding for you knew the blood that it spilled and the evil it represented. I for one don't want such an obscene gash an American Iron Curtin come down on the US Southern or in fact any US border. The German Democratic Republic was no beacon of Freedom and no Shining City on the Hill why should the USA join them behind a wall of fear. If we do the Stars and Stripes will be no more a banner of Liberty than The Red Banner with its Hammer and Sickle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
A fence will not stop 100% of illegals from coming through. What it will do is force many to use alternate routes. Predictable routes. Predictable routes mean we can focus attention on a much smaller area.
Tunnels. As Israel as demonstrated sensors can be placed in the fence that detects tunneling activity.
Do we need 1200 miles of fence? No and it would be insane to build 1200 miles of fence. You put the fence where short of having personnel marching back and forth you can't secure the area. example where the border touches a city. They cross over and disappear among our masses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Japan
9,495 posts, read 3,783,914 times
Reputation: 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

Why not just implement policy change? Ending birthright citizenship would cut the snakes head off in 1/16 of the time and for a billion (more?) dollars less.

How bout scaling back entitlements? How about declaring an official language?
You say "just" as if those things are easy to do. In fact they are extremely difficult politically. A fence is doable, so build a fence.

Quote:
Did you wake up today? In the US?
I have no idea what you mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 07:08 AM
 
31,489 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A fence will not stop 100% of illegals from coming through. What it will do is force many to use alternate routes. Predictable routes. Predictable routes mean we can focus attention on a much smaller area.
Tunnels. As Israel as demonstrated sensors can be placed in the fence that detects tunneling activity.
Do we need 1200 miles of fence? No and it would be insane to build 1200 miles of fence. You put the fence where short of having personnel marching back and forth you can't secure the area. example where the border touches a city. They cross over and disappear among our masses.
Yes, and that was what was passed by congress a few years ago but it wasn't funded. It was to be a double layered fence/wall like the 30 some mile one on our San Diego border. It cut back illegal entry in that area by a large percentage. As you said, then the Border Patrol could focus their attention to the areas where it isn't feasible. You are correct about the tunnel sensors also because illegals try to tunnel in here also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 08:18 AM
 
8,101 posts, read 4,786,154 times
Reputation: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You say "just" as if those things are easy to do. In fact they are extremely difficult politically. A fence is doable, so build a fence.
There's a reason why they aren't easy to do....and it isn't because it's not logical. Again, reference my argument.

Of course!! a fence is "doable"...again, reference my argument.


Quote:
I have no idea what you mean.
You said... "All will be lost"

Perhaps you are familiar with the frog-in-the-pot theory?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top